_Bat_
Members-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by _Bat_
-
Nothing wrong with the UK itself... I'd do anything to get away from our government though...
-
How good are these printers for mass usage? We are a primary school and only have very few laser printers across the school. Could this printer be used as a main printer in the only ICT Suite?
-
I know... I've read a lot of them. Quite interesting. Dear old bisley. Notice how annoyed techies get when it happens? Well, what do you expect when we do the same with teachers and their jobs? .
-
I think some of what was said in the thread on our forum was a bit unnecessary to be honest. Could you imagine what our retorts would be if it was the same thread in reverse on the TES website
-
Getting stick for locking down staff laptops
_Bat_ replied to Oops_my_bad's topic in School ICT Policies
We have a similar approach to grumbledook as well. Local user with admin rights with the option of logging onto the network if they wish. I wish they didn't have the option of logging onto the network though because no-one can seem to get their head around the idea of two separate user accounts... one local and one domain. It causes so much confusion for the teachers that most only ever use the local account nowon their laptops. -
Well at least no-one can say you haven't done anything with your life
-
Serial killer turned IT Technician? Sounds about right.
-
He is probably related in some distant way and is doing research on his family history. He has probably obtained the details from a family member. That is the way it usually works. I have used family tree software online before. Usually it gives you the option of hiding details of people who are still alive. This is just morally correct to do this if not a legal requirement. I have always used this option whenever I do anything like this. Me too. I wasn't aware my name was so common until I used google. Apparently there is a professor at manchester uni who shares my name and he gets a lot of the top hits lol.
-
Most of us have a sense of humour though, however dodgy it might be. That has to give us some points
-
Also... exactly what does a relationship manager have to do with IT? Lol.
-
Lol, it was probably one from somewhere else in the building that was no longer wanted, so dumped in the "basement" (i.e. the techies office). I'd gladly received a sofa, however, I wouldn't have room for it . It doesn't look like a techies office anymore. It was too tidy.
-
They tidied their office
-
Lol. I was a bit disappointed about the lack of IT related jokes too, but it was really funny all the same. They have a done a good job of it, I hope they keep it up.
-
As for the IT crowd... I thought it was quite accurate. - Characters were a bit out of place (okay, for some of us only) - The state of the office was accurate for most of us (a rubbish dump) - The equipment in the office was pretty accurate (the pile of keyboards and old monitor that have been there for ten years, the signs all over the desks and doors (I'm looking at webman here ) and the stack of components that are so old that some of them, you don't even know what they are) - The location of the office was spot on (the place where no-one wants so the servers end up in there and therefore us) - The "have you tried turning it off and on again" jokes etc. is spot on (we have all been there) I could go on
-
This is quite interesting... how many of you are married to (or going out with) teachers? I doubt it is just coincidence that you all work in schools. Lol.
-
You have to give more examples now
-
Lol, even though these posts are in jest, I have to point out that I agree with you more then you know . I tend to think that on the whole, women have a LOT more common sense then men. Lol. Being a male, I can safely say this without fearing cries of sexism However that is not to say that women don't have their bad points... lol.
-
OOOOH witch (and all other females on here) are gonna kill you
-
I guess it's just weird that EVERY post you have made relates to IT disposal in some way and in most cases, that company is also mentioned. I'm sure you can understand why alarm bells were ringing... most people who post here usually participate in more then one type of discussion Not the mention the fact that companies who are found to be advertising in this way (i.e. pretending to be someone they are not) are looked down on in a very bad way here, as that is deceit and, in affect, theft. It has happened before.
-
Off topic, but: ... Geoff is a person? 8O Back on topic: Also contact the member of this forum under the name 'openhgs'. I have never spoken to him really, but he is the technician at my brothers school. They use an almost 100% linux thin-client network and the school have outlined many advantages of them using linux as opposed to windows. They have made it clear that linux does everything they need and has saved them an awful lot of money. The school has also been used as a case study many times, linuxgirlie is probably aware of the school (handsworth grammar school). You should PM or e-mail him, I'm sure he'll give you advice. There is also a lot of info hidden around their wiki regarding their migration: http://www.openhgs.org.uk/
-
For far too long, staff and students have been the slave of the IT setup - it must be the other way round because the minute that IT makes life more difficult rather than easier, is the minute we need to order a skip to dump all those computers into so we can use the space and resources they take up for better purposes. I'd say in places where this happens in schools, it is not due to the technician or technical team, but more likely due to a lack of budget.
-
Me. Why are you so against wearing EduGeek clothing? Me too. The slogans would be useful for when working on freelance projects such as what I shall be doing tonight. Lol. I would certainly purchase one or two of them. As for advertising edugeek (even on my body i.e. t-shirt), I have no problem with doing that. I am a member of edugeek and it's not like I am ashamed to admit it. Plus I have learnt so much from the site in so many ways, it can only be good if I can give something back in the form of free advertising.
-
1,2 ,3 Ready Or Not Facebook... Here Comes EduGeek
_Bat_ replied to russdev's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Hehehe. Someone is gonna have a long morning tomorrow. -
LOL!! I can only think that they must have been too embarassed to speak up for themselves after seeing the mass opposition they faced.
-
I was under the impression that there isn't much left of that in todays world. This is the impression I get each time I read the papers anyway... epecially things like 'stella awards', which I read in the papers almost daily.
