-
Posts
374 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jon
-
Here is a link to a document that Norfolk LEA have produced with instructions on how to create the CTF file. eProfile: Exporting data to e Hope this helps...
-
You can get it to export a CTF file that you can then import into your schools MIS system. It will also produce reports in a .rtf or word format.
-
Promethean Activ Studio unattended install
Jon replied to cjohnsonuk's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Yes they will run happily alongside each other... -
Promethean Activ Studio unattended install
Jon replied to cjohnsonuk's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
If you deploy Inspire there is no hassel with including the licence in to the MSI, you simple create an ".inspire_license.xml" file with the supplied tools, and put it in the same directory as the "activinspire.MSI." -
Promethean Activ Studio unattended install
Jon replied to cjohnsonuk's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Before you deploy Activ Studio, take a look at Activ Inspire... It is the latest/replacment version of Activ Studio/Primary and is available for download from promethean as a free upgrade if you can supply a Studio/Primary serial number. I have deployed it very succesfully in several schools now with no problems at all. In the .exe you download there is a built in network install option that will unpack the MSI files you need. It also comes with "asserialnumbervalidator.exe" and "ASTransGen.exe" to help you create an approipiate .mst file and admin.ini file. -
If it is an HP printer have a look on there site. They do provide Mono only drivers for some of the Colour laser printers.
-
Are you sure that the problem is not with the Backup program rather than with task scheduler?
-
Allow active X controls to be authorised automatically by GPO
Jon replied to denon101's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
This should do the trick... Computer Configuration and User Configuration, in the Administrative Templates\WindowsComponents\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Local Machine Zone Download Signed ActiveX Controls - Enable (Don't select Prompt) Download UnSigned ActiveX Controls - Enable -
Yes you can...
-
All the best to all three of you...
-
Are you a candidate from The Apprentice?
-
I use year of enty, first initial, surname. So if fred blogs is joining us this september he would be 09FBloggs If his twin sister fredrica bloggs was also joining us she would be 09FBloggs1 This way we know which year group they are in and there is no need to alter anything when they move thru the year groups. If somebody joined the school next year but was also in freds year group he would also receive the 09 prefix rather than a 10 prefix.
-
If you take a look at the application log with event viewer on the failing machines it will give you a pretty good idea as to why your installation is failing. As an alternative, I think the best way to deploy IE7 is with WSUS rather than msi and group policy, it is much more reliable.
-
Another vote for Foxit here. Much smaller footprint, Easy to deploy with the msi. Works much quicker than the bloated Adobe Reader. Download it from here. Foxit Software - Foxit Reader for Windows
-
I would do it now. In my opinion you will appear keen and professional. It will also make them think a bit more about you in the descision making process. I would however make sure that my spelling and grammar are perfect.
-
This is the one I have recently fitted in one of the primarys I work in. RM.com Shop: RM Multicoloured Lowercase Keyboard - USB It is £6.83 + VAT
-
RM do the keyboard you are talking about with a usb connection. I have recently fitted a load in one of the primary schools I work in.
-
Winsuite must be installed on the DC with the PDC Emulator FSMO role for it to function correctly. Winsuite itself does not create OUs, so the "random OUs" you have are not a result of winsuite.
-
Yes that is exactly what i do, Always works fine for me. Some of the schools I attend to have the entire Sherston Software catalouge installed and running from a cachepilot, this works very well, and I suppose is much the same as I do with a network install anyway, ie no local install.
-
I don't do a local install...For me the software runs quite happily from the network installation. I suppose if your network is slow/lots of traffic then this might not be your best option. It works very well for me however.
-
I think you really need to lock down your wireless settings. The fact that this is the caretakers wireless network that is being connected to is, to my mind, a bit of a red herring. I am sure there are many houses near to your school, any one of them could set up an unsecured wireless network. (It may be the case that once you secure the caretakers wirless one of the students that lives nearby will set up their own unsecured network!!) how would you go about dealing with this?
-
By following the network installation as I have indicated above...I have had no problems with any of the Sherston Titles, in fact I really rather like them!! I really can't see what problems there can be, perhaps you have not installed it correctly. Could you maybe outline some of the problems you have experienced?
-
Here are a couple of links that helped solve this problem for me Documents take long time to open in Word 2003 Your Word documents take a long time to open when they have attached templates Hope this is of some help to you.
-
It has been my experience that most, if not all, Sherston Software comes with a network install option. I have always used this and installed to a network share, it seems to work very well for me. you can specify the paths to use for save data etc. at the time of installation. For some of the older titles Sherston do/did supply a seperate netwok installation disc
-
Thanks to you all for your advice, i am curruntly downloading Ubuntu 9.04 server. I will try and letyou know how i get on...
