-
Posts
374 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jon
-
Running Joomla 2.5 with the Gcalendar extension on the current version of Wampp on w7pro 32
-
What I am trying to do is set up an internal webserver using xampp. I have it installed and have an internal Joomla site running on it quite happily. What I can't figure out is how to get the xampp apache server to use our proxy server to get information from the internet, specifically from a google calendar. How do I configure xampp to use our proxy server for external requests?
-
PIXresizer is the tool of choice for me. Very simple to use and will bulk resize to any format you like. PIXresizer - Download.
-
+1 for XBMC ... used to run it on an original Xbox but now have it on an old laptop, runs perfectly and will play any format I throw at it.
-
I had to have both my upper ones removed in hospital under a general anesthetic ... I was signed off work for two weeks to recover. I looked like an obese hamster for the first 4 or 5 days! however, I went back to work after just one week.
-
Running Delprof on machines where critical data is stored localy in users profiles is a recipie for disaster... I have done the same thing and never managed to get the data back. I now redirect all folders that could hold data - my docs, desktops,app data etc - back to servers, not only is the data much less likley to get deleted but it is also backed up.
-
Hi Thanks for your replies, At the moment the phone is UN-rooted. I can use it on schools wifi network using the built proxy setting, but I of course have to set this up manually everytime. I have also installed Tasker ... Tasker for Android I can't however find a way to get tasker to switch on the proxy. Does anybody using tasker know how this can be acheived?
-
I have just got myself a Desire S running android ver 2.3.3 Does anybody know if it's possible to get the Tasker app to automatically turn the proxy settings on and off when connecting to the schools wifi network?
-
Laptop not working after 24 hours in airing cupboard
Jon replied to featured_spectre's topic in Hardware
Is it any wonder that insurance premiums are so high -
You seem to be having the same problem I had with your Rok Slideshow banner on the front page not displaying in ie9... Have a look at my thread here for the resolution to this problem... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/70918-rokslideshow-ie9-rc.html Jon.
-
Finally I have found the answer to this... If using Joomla 1.5 you need to update to the latest version, currently 1.5.23. you also need to update to the latest version of Rok Slideshow. However, this on its own is still not enough. To get it working properly you need to go to "plugin manager" and enable the "System - Mootools Upgrade" Once I had done this my sites now display correctly in all the different browsers I have tried.
-
Really glad that they did win ... I had drawn them in a sweepstake :-)
-
Can You See Digital Signage Being Used In Your School??
Jon replied to Dynamax's topic in General Chat
How much are you paying for consultancy work? -
Can You See Digital Signage Being Used In Your School??
Jon replied to Dynamax's topic in General Chat
We use XIBO it's open soure and free. -
Back to back promotions ... I just hope we are able to hang on to him. The bigger teams are bound to take an interest.
-
Very happy this morning BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | N | Norwich
-
Hi there ... This should do what you require. How to prevent a root level folder from being moved with NTFS.
-
I have had this problem with several of the Ensis laptops, they seem to be very prone to it. It will probably be a dry joint on the main board where the DC socket is soldered on. The solution is to strip the laptop down and resolder the joints.
-
I have just started to test the RC version of IE9. I have a Joomla website that uses the Rokslideshe module as a banner at the top of the page. This works perfectlr in all browsers I haved tried it with except IE9. Has anybody else experienced this / has a work around... My website is here. Home | Gorleston Rangers FC I am also using the same module on a school site I have developed. I get the same problem with that. the school site is here St George's Infant and Nursery School
-
I have used it succesfully in the past. Give it a go, works the same as redirecting my docs or any other folder.
-
You could redirect favourits using group policy... Redirect Favorites and Cookies folder using a Group Policy
-
Hi all Does anybody know the answer to this. "If a customer were to host their website with somebody who was using a reseller account what would happen to the customers website were the reseller to go out of business?"
-
How accurately are petrol pumps calibrated, and how often do they nedd to be checked? I ask this because one station near me seems to give me less fuel than the other for the same amount spent, although they both have their fuel at the same price.
-
Has anybody got any experience using one of these Emprex ME1-V2 Hi Def Media Player Recorder V2 | Ebuyer.com It seems to be a real bargain at £19.98, I think i will order one anyway just to have a look at it.
