Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ditto

Members
  • Posts

    6,219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ditto

  1. Hercules (2014) - slow to get going, over reliant on big battle scenes. A few minor bits of humour. One innuendo which seemed out of place. Mediocre overall in my view. Kids stayed the course so must have been OK for them, but I think the Percy Jackson movies were more all round entertaining
  2. Just noticed the 'anonymous' line! Could you add a bit more background info as to the wider background. i.e. what are you doing once someone has the code and used it? Other thoughts. Have you looked at the numerous Google Form add-ons? In the past I have used some Google scripting in Google sheets, which might offer a solution, albeit a bit techie, which is where an add-on helps if you don't have the programming skills.
  3. Is this for a user logged in to their managed user account?
  4. Correct, no mergers anticipated, but the dozen or so charities are going to be working on a common project for up to 10 years, so over time collaboration should increase. The partners have formed a legal partnership, so in the long run there could be more centralised approach, but I don't think anyone is ready for that yet. Easier Teams collaboration is likely to help beyond calendar sharing, but I suspect changes will be incremental.
  5. A number of charities are collaborating on a project and many of them have there own M365 accounts and MS Office suite. Some will have in house IT admin will have a third party support. Increasingly, there is a demand for closer working. As an example, the partners would like to be able to see each others Outlook calendars for meeting bookings, to collaborate with MS Team across the charities in the same way as do within their own charity. I guess it would perhaps be similar to what might be need if a number of schools came together in a MAT. So the question is, what steps would each partner need to take to enable this. Longer term, it may be possible to bring all the accounts together under a parent domain, but I think each charity would still need their own domain/account control too as although the charities are collaborating on a project, some of the charities will be working in parallel on other projects.
  6. Ditto

    Snow 2021!

    Closed for snot!!!! Not many primaries would be open if they all did that.
  7. Thanks for posting this - very interesting. Having gone years without needing anything, I've started to use blue inhaler a bit more about a year ago and have just been asked to try the brown for a month to see impact - only my second time in 50+ years! I'm very minimally impacted by asthma and normally not at all until fungal spores season late Summer early Autumn. It wasn't until I visited a NZ GP who knew of a client with the same history as me that suddenly had a serious episode that I was medically marker up on the system as having Asthma. I hope the promise in the article proves to be correct. Current government messaging, such as around holidays is making me feel there is an underlying concern that Joe Public is not being made aware of yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if variants and vaccine efficacy are causing concern. Hopefully they are just being ultra-cautious or are concerned about spread in the groups outside the priority groups over Summer - not sure but any promising news on treatments is always welcome.
  8. Looks fun. When do movies move from Netflix to other platforms?
  9. What age ranges will you be once fully established?
  10. Honest advice... SLT should focus on teaching. SLT should state a requirement and IT should find the best solution. Both google forms and MS Forms would pull the data straight in to a spreadsheet and would support some data control on data entry.
  11. What info are you collecting. Does it really need to be word document?
  12. I saw that as a result of a local WhatsUp group about half an hour ago, but decided not to post due to the warning in the top left quadrant - not fancying a 180 day lock in!
  13. Pollock being called Jack-son would make more sense! I presume Colin has got the same derivation as coley, which my mum used to cook up for our cat years ago. Cat loved it and went a bit crazy whilst it was cooking. I'm actually lucky as I have a superb fish-monger in a neighbouring village - I really should use it more. I bought four Sea-bass fillets there last week and they must have been treble the size of the shrink wrapped ones in Waitrose. The challenge I had was fitting them in the pan. They had plenty of monkfish, which as a meaty white fish actually works in curried or spicer dishes. I'll ask them about the ones in the article and see what their take on it is.
  14. Package solution to help perhaps? @GrumbleDook can perhaps talk about options, not just his own. It does sound like you are taking on too much - it's not an IT job, it's that IT are involved. I've had a chat with an outsourced DP firm in the last week, and they (representing some of their schools) have advised us (a charity that works with the school) to have an improved privacy notice. They felt this was sufficient often and does aware with separate agreements. I don't think it means do away with DPIAs, but it's something we need to improve. One other thing came up in discussion. The DPO role preclude lots of capable people in companies from taking on the role due to conflict of interest. They have proposed having a Data Protection Manager with an overseeing (outsourced) DPO. I'm keeping that idea to myself! I don't particularly want to take on more DP responsibility!
  15. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-55996938 Interesting article talking about rebranding one of our strong seafood exports. The name is possibly important. I remember learning that Rock Salmon and Dogfish are the same thing - one certainly sounds more appealing than the other! Has anyone had Spider Crab or Megrim Sole - what did you think? I'd certainly be up for trying them. Perhaps they need a celebrity chef to promote a dish or two.
  16. Got my kids to make one stem ginger and one raisin version. Both now on the way to front line NHS staff.
  17. Ditto

    Commute Time Map

    Better still, WfH - although I know that's not an option or want for all.
  18. Are there any Progresso (Cloud School) users out there that have run their Autumn census lately. Just looking for an indicator as to how long it's been taking?
  19. @StevieM was there in October http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind-red-door/214232-coronavirus-general-discussion-see-opening-post-rules-152.html#post1866585
  20. The Imitation Game - clearly a dramatised version of Turing's life, but still some shocking truths within the film. Excellent watch.
  21. Such an exceptional family, but yet so normal too. Fantastic, brought a big smile to my face.
  22. That's almost exactly the image I had in my mind! For me it's probably 20+ years since I did one like this. I still haven't tracked where the recipe I used came from, so I will give this a go. It may be the same one! The condensed milk rings a bell, but I think I used digestive biscuits. I'm going to do one stem ginger, one dried fruit early next week and hopefully get them transported to front line NHS staff pronto. If all goes to plan, I'll come back with feedback.
  23. An interesting development with a Council in Ipswich taking action to vaccinate staff at a Special school. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55906576
  24. HaHa! That was my mountain bike ride! I'm shattered - 40k today and that's a lot for me, especially up the hills and through the sticky mud!
  25. If you did stick a swan up your nose, it would get close to your cy(g)nus. Right, quick, back on topic. Nice graphing for vaccination levels at https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations Canada is interesting. They have bought on a massive scale, but are at a relatively low level. I wonder if that's related to size and distribution of their citizens. The did only start mid January mind, so will be interesting to watch progress. EDIT *** Edited as linked my mountain bike ride! ***
×
×
  • Create New...