Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

SimonWindisch

Members
  • Posts

    131
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SimonWindisch

  1. Hi all, Composing an email in ParentMail https://pmx.parentmail.co.uk/#pmx/email/compose and clicking on the "Paste as Word" button gives a message in the browser "Your browser doesn't allow you to paste this way. Press Ctrl+V to paste." This happens to us on Chrome 66 and Edge. Further investigation shows that it's not the browser at fault, but CKEditor, which ParentMail is using for text entry. V4.7 breaks the Paste as Word function. I reported this to ParentMail, as they have passed it onto their development team. They have not offered a timescale for resolution of this. Simon
  2. Thanks, I've added the exclusion to SCCM, and now the file Data1.cab is not corrupt in the SCCM distribution point. At the moment I'm struggling to get Windows Defender/SCEP to leave the file alone on the client, but I'll report back when I do. Thanks for your help - Simon
  3. No it doesn't. Thanks
  4. Hi there, This problem has been bugging me for weeks. Data1.CAB is being corrupted when it gets coppied to the SCCM cache. I am running Windows Server 2016 Standard Build 14939 with System Center Configuration Manager 1710 Hotfix Rollup KB4086143 My client computer is Windows 10 Education Build 16299 Client version of SCCM is 5.00.8498.1711 Steps are as follows 1. Download Adobe Reader DC V18 2. Extract the MSI and associated files using AcroRdrDC1801120035_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\temp" -sfx_ne 3. Copy the resultant files to my folder share 4. Do a test install from the folder share to a test machine using msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi". This works fine 5. Go to SCCM and create a new Application, deploy it to a test machine 6. Go to the test machine, install via Software Center. It fails with error 0x643(1603) 7. Go to C:\Windows\ccmcache\e and run msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi" This fails with "Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC -- Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package. I've looked at the file Data1.CAB, When I use 7zip to extract the original file, the log file looks like this Extracting archive: K:\temp\original.Data1.cab -- Path = K:\temp\original.Data1.cab Type = Cab Physical Size = 175114043 Method = None Blocks = 51 Volumes = 1 Volume Index = 0 ID = 1111 . adobearmhelper.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB . adobearm.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB . armsvc.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB . Accessibility.api_NON_OPT . MakeAccessible.api_NON_OPT . PDDom.api_NON_OPT . reflow.api_NON_OPT . SaveAsRTF.api_NON_OPT . adobehunspellplugin.dll When I extract the cached file, the log file looks like this Extracting archive: K:\temp\cached.Data1.cab -- Path = K:\temp\cached.Data1.cab Type = Cab Physical Size = 175114043 Method = None Blocks = 51 Volumes = 1 Volume Index = 0 ID = 1111 - adobearmhelper.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB - adobearm.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB - armsvc.exe.BDCA7721_F290_4124_BBED_7A15FE7694EB - Accessibility.api_NON_OPT - MakeAccessible.api_NON_OPT ERROR: Data Error : MakeAccessible.api_NON_OPT - PDDom.api_NON_OPT ERROR: Data Error : PDDom.api_NON_OPT - reflow.api_NON_OPT ERROR: Data Error : reflow.api_NON_OPT - SaveAsRTF.api_NON_OPT ERROR: Data Error : SaveAsRTF.api_NON_OPT - adobehunspellplugin.dll So my interpretation is that SCCM is corrupting the file somehow. I've used SCCM Content Library Explorer to identify and copy the CAB file from the distribution point, and it fails to extract as well, so SCCM seems to be corrupting the the file during the distribution step. Has anyone seen anything like this? Thanks - Simon
  5. Is there any free certification this year?
  6. See you Friday
  7. I think I've made some progress. I'm using System Centre Configuration Manager and I initially built an application with SCCM to distribute to the client PCs. SCCM mangled the data1.cab file which caused the original failure. However, even though I then went back a step and tried to install Targer Tracker from a manually downloaded and unzipped file, MSIEXEC was continuing to install the broken version cached in C:\Windows\CCMcache, rather than the new version that I had downloaded. (Peazip showed me that the cached version's cab file did indeed have a faulty digital signature, which explains the error message) Once I deleted the key in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\F681CD7041160BA4CB5AABC314497F26 and then ran the manually unzipped version of the MSI, the install worked from the new version of the cab file, and it worked OK.
  8. Hmmm, it says "ZIP damaged" Bad CRC. Possible cause: file transfer error. I've downloaded it three times, always the same size, I'll call their support. Thanks
  9. Hi there, Trying to install Target Tracker 15.6.2... 1. Download the executable from the website Downloads 2. Unzip the executable to the MSI and supporting files (including data1.cab) 3. Run msiexec /i "Primary Target Tracker.msi" /q 4. Get an error message to the effect that the digital signature on the cab file is invalid. This works on Windows 7 but fails on Windows 10. The verbose log file shows MSI (s) (88:34) [11:54:32:477]: Validating digital signature of file 'C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\j\Data1.cab' MSI (s) (88:34) [11:54:32:678]: File 'C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\j\Data1.cab' has an invalid hash. It is possibly corrupted. MSI (s) (88:84) [11:54:32:678]: Note: 1: 1330 2: C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\j\Data1.cab 3: 24592 MSI (s) (88:84) [11:54:32:678]: Product: Primary Target Tracker -- Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\j\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust. Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\j\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust. MSI (s) (88:84) [11:54:32:725]: Note: 1: 2265 2: 3: -2147287035 Full log file zipped and attached to this post. I've got this logged with EES for schools, I'll update as I get more, but suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks - Simon TT.zip
  10. Restarting the services partially worked for me. I also had to stop the Solus3 Agent Notifier, and restart it (on the server).
  11. FYI, this is also a problem with RM/SEGFL https://status.rm.com/
  12. Hi there, BG Group have hundreds of 19 inch second hand monitors that they would like to offload to schools and charities. Please contact [email protected] to register. Pickup is at Thames Valley Business Park near Reading.
  13. You could modify this Sophos run-once script. https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/13090
  14. Any news on the certification this year please?
  15. Save a lanyard for me please! I'm going on Friday. :-)
  16. Just in case anyone comes across this in the future, I recommend taking the computer off the domain, renaming it, and rejoining it to the domain. I think the problem may be in a record relating to that computer on the domain. Simon
  17. FYI if you go to chrome://components/ and click on check for update on Adobe Flash player it will. I don't know how to automate it though.
  18. P.S. I believe that Movie Maker as part of Windows Essentials 2012 goes out of support in January 2017. Apparently a new version of Movie Maker will become available from the Windows Store... at some point.
  19. Many thanks. These are my conclusions, based on your helpful comments. 1. ICT Suite may also be used for other activities: clubs, TA activity, quiet room etc. This will be lost or have to go somewhere else. 2. Recommended to replace the ICT Suite, a laptop trolley and an iPad trolley. The caveat is that these need more looking after than an ICT Suite as items get lost/broken all the time, and not charged between lessons. Basically you need someone to book them in and out and check them when they are returned. 3. You would need one or two mini-suites where staff and pupils can use computers on a casual basis. We already have the Annex and the old lower school library. Maybe a third area as well. 4. We already have Wi-Fi coverage but this would probably need to be upgraded for any new build.
  20. Hi there, My primary school might be undertaking some large scale building work, and I'm being asked to assess a possible future without an ICT Suite. Has anyone had experience of this? What would be the best way forward for a 440 pupil primary school with no dedicated ICT Suite? Thanks - Simon
  21. This is to address attempts to connect to your server via RDP. It will show logon failures. It may be useful to detect Ransomware attempts # Logonaudit: Script to extract logon failures from a log file. # By Simon Windisch [email protected] # # Change $DC to the name of the server with remote access $DC = "ald-dc1" # # Change $Report to an output file $Report = "k:\logon_Audit.csv" # # Change $Time to the number of days (from today) to check back $Time = 7 $Date= Get-date $eventsDC= Get-Eventlog security -Computer $DC -InstanceId 4625 -After (Get-Date).AddDays(-$Time) | Select TimeGenerated,ReplacementStrings | % { New-Object PSObject -Property @{ Target_User = $_.ReplacementStrings[5] Target_Domain = $_.ReplacementStrings[6] Workstation_Name = $_.ReplacementStrings[13] Status = $_.ReplacementStrings[7] Failure_Reason = $_.ReplacementStrings[8] Sub_Status = $_.ReplacementStrings[9] IP_Address = $_.ReplacementStrings[19] Source_Port = $_.ReplacementStrings[20] Date = $_.TimeGenerated } } $eventsDC | ConvertTo-csv -delimiter ";" -NoTypeInformation | Out-File $Report -Append Logon_Audit.ps1
  22. Here's a checklist of things that need to be in place. This works for me. The USER and DEVICE tags are my invention, but it all seems to match up, in my mind anyway. 1. Apple MDM certificate and VPP account registered in https://n100.meraki.com/o/M-xr3c/manage/organization/pcc 2. App added as a licenced Application in https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/configure/vpp 3. Also, select Auto Grant and Revoke in the above page (step 2) for that App by ticking the App and selecting Edit Auto-management 4. Also, click on the App mentioned above and ensure that there are enough licences available 5. Go to https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/pcc/list and click on iPad. Check that it has the owner that you expect 6. ALso, in https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/pcc/list Select the iPad and give it an appropriate DEVICE tag 7. Go to https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/configure/pcc_users and check that user exists and has a USER tag. 8. Go back to https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/configure/vpp, click the App and check that the user has a matching USER tag and that it is licenced to use the App 9. Go to https://n100.meraki.com/iPads/n/hHP_qbKb/manage/configure/apps and add and assign the App and give it a DEVICE tag that matches with step 6
  23. Check to see if the GPO setting was correctly copied over to the local machine's registry, see How to Disable the Control Panel | Prohibit NoControlPanel Registry Tweak for more info. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoControlPanel I'm not sure, but I think that's how it works. Simon
  24. Windows 10 doesn't come with .NET 3.5 installed which means that Movie Maker (amongst other things) wont run. To fix, get the file microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab from the Windows 10 install and run DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:"\[source_location]
  25. Can you manually add the printer? You might get an error with a bit more information.
×
×
  • Create New...