-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
Guys, Got a 1u rack HP Storageworks......with 2 SAS Tapes drive in............for the past month one of the drives was going "Offline"...........we have to power the enclosure down and back on and all works.......now I've swapped the entire enclosure over as we had a spare and doing the same.........any stuggustions the 2 tape drives run into a single SAS Card in the enclosure and psu has been changed
-
Hello Guys, You can move this thread if in the wrong place but my question was......do ANY of you guys work or know who work at these Academies? I ask as I have a job interview there soon, wanted too know what there current IT is like, how staff are treated etc etc Thanks.
-
thats done already
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Where u running off too? (New job)
-
Already there
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I can get too the main status page no problems and admin pages, when I try and save\submit changes thats when I get the error 500
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
go for it chap
-
nice1 chap...........I've just put it on a IIS7\2008 box......got it partly working.......getting 500 Internal Server error atm
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
does this work on a 2008 server box?
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
500Gb of Volume Shaddow copies is a bit much......... (Sorry I know it doesnt answer your question)
-
Low pay........pass:getmecoat:
-
9K! :eek:
-
Enterprise is only for Volume License peeps
-
wow - i remember them RM computers when I was at school!!!
-
I've just changed my password for my PassPort account............logged into my MSN this morning too find my status name was different!!
-
I know, I know.
-
Internet only! wtf!! and there asking for £4.99! they can get lost! I know where you can watch it free anyway!
-
Very true
-
Uni degree and HND! - You dont need any of that too be an IT Manager in a company or school at all. I personally think pay for IT Staff in schools should be standardized like below: Junior IT Technician : 15k - 20k IT Technician : 20k - 25k Senior IT Technician : 25k - 30k IT\Network Manager : 30k - 40k At the moment people have to remember due to the recession there's going to be a lot of good IT workers out there who are desperate for jobs (who have lost there job) and I bet some schools are trying too attract some of them at a lower pay because these people NEED a job.
-
I always like to go for the simple approach when setting up a network and affordable, setup one school a few years ago with. 2x Domain Controllers (Running 2003) 1x Exchange Server 2007 1x NAS Server (4Tb of Storage) 1x SIMS Server Cisco router and firewall in place. Gig backbone, all HP Switches at a gig - nice little setup it was.
-
NM pay should be 33k+
-
Its gonna be rubbish!
-
@Dilbert what part of West Sussex is your school...........curious about something?
