-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
I did this at my last school, after 3 months I did a questionaire too all staff and asked them to rate the service now etc etc
-
Job of the month - N london (temp to perm)
IanT replied to SpecialAgent's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I would be interested in this ROLE only if the school does it on a perm basis -
Senior ICT Technician Job in Sheffield, Yorkshire UK Westfield Sports College
-
ICT Technical Manager - Full time, Full year post Scale SO1 £24,402 - £26,016 We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technical Manager who will lead a team of ICT Technicians. Duties will include responsibilities for managing the team, maintaining and organising the ICT resources including hardware, software, and network(s). The person appointed will have knowledge and skills related to schools ICT Development and have a strong interest in computers and networking with software, firewalls, content filtering, wireless networking and other ICT software as appropriate. Senior ICT Technician - Full time, Term time post Scale 5 £16,189 - £17,755 We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technician to join our ICT Support Team. Duties include responsibility for maintaining and organising the ICT resources including hardware, software, and network(s) in our school and in primary link schools. The person appointed will have a keen interest in computers and networking with software, firewalls, content filtering, wireless networking and other ICT software as appropriate. Looks like another clear out at a school.................. William Beamont Community High School and Specialist Sports College - Vacancies ICT Technical Manager Jobs in Warrington on your local Warrington jobs site. Careers in Warrington, local employment and work in Warrington. Good Luck!
-
1. Good ticking system i know of is......My Little Helpdesk - very good. 2. Speeding up profiles, depends on your network speed really, you could try setting up roaming profiles........but can get messy! Also check the hardware side of things from the PC to the network (servers), settings on servers. 3. 2008 R2 is release 2 of Server 2008 and you have to pay for it, it's a full OS. 4. not a webbie man myself....... 5. You can do this by Group Policy and using the redirection GPO. 6. Pass 7. DDR1!! - you joking.......prices for DDR1 are very high! I would say look into budgeting for new PC's..........don't even think about putting Vista on any machine! AGP!! - You are joking......old technology...........PCI-Express 2.0 is the latest for graphics... go for new NEW PC's 8. Say that again in English? 9. check you GPO.......how are you deploying this? 10. Pass 11. I think My Little HelpDesk does this.....not sure though Just curious, are you the Network Manager at the school? I used too live 5mins away from ockendon lol.........chaffed hundred!
-
take alook at Microsofts....Backup and Recovery product................MS Data Protection Manager 2007................2010 is in beta I believe.
-
Group Policy Will Only Apply With gpupdate /force
IanT replied to FN-GM's topic in Windows Server 2008
Double check all DNS Servers? Give all servers a reboot, force replication -
maybe turn off "Automatically Restart" in Startup and Recovery............see if its a BSOD..........dodgy RAM Stick?
-
Jobs @ JobsToday & Scotsman.com/jobs: School ICT Network Manager Westfield Junior and Saxon Shore Infant schools are looking to appoint a highly skilled, enthusiastic School ICT Network Manager as soon as possible. You will have strong ICT support experience, a wider understanding of networking and excellent interpersonal skills. Salary: Band 8 £16882pa. May interest someone, but be warned looks like the school may be closing in the near future.......... Proposal to close Saxon Shore Infant School and Westfield Junior School and open a new 2 FE Primary School
-
Job of the month - N london (temp to perm)
IanT replied to SpecialAgent's topic in Educational IT Jobs
100% Agree -
Job of the month - N london (temp to perm)
IanT replied to SpecialAgent's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Yes I know there are probation periods within a job but on a perm basis, temp to perm is different. -
Job of the month - N london (temp to perm)
IanT replied to SpecialAgent's topic in Educational IT Jobs
ahhhhhh but "temp" means they can get rid of you with a click of a button -
maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
-
I like this thread I run a networkable system @ home: 1x Dell PowerEdge 840 (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 8Gb of RAM, 2x 250Gb HDD, 1x 1Tb HDD, Dual Gig LAN - Teamed) It runs: Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 64-bit, Exchange Server 2007 SP2 > Domain Controller, DNS, File Server Services 1x Dell PowerEdge 800 (Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, 2Gb of RAM, 3x 36Gb SCSI HDD, Gig LAN) It runs: Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 32-bit > Domain Controller > FSMO Roles > WDS > DHCP > DNS > IIS > FTP > Print Server. 1x HP ProLiant ML330 G3 (Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz, 3Gb of RAM, 2x 36Gb SCSI HDD, Gig LAN, LTO1 Tape Drive) It runs: Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 32-bit > Test Box atm 1x 24 Port 3Com Gig Switch (Main Switch) 1x 48 Port Catalyst Cisco 3500 XL (Spare but running) 1x APC UPS 1400 (Powers\Protects Switches and Servers) 1x Netgear FVS114 (Firewall) 1x Netgear DGN834N (ADSL2+, Modem\Bridge Mode, 24Mb Be* Internet > syncs @ 21Mb) 2x D-Link Wireless Access Points (1 Up stairs, 1 down stairs) 1x 48 Port Patch Panel (Termination for all CAT5e cabling I did) My youtube videos: (I havent updated the videos for a bit now) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RIKdWRwNg]YouTube - Home Server Room - Update 1[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Nywh6RETM&feature=related]YouTube - Home Server Room - Update 2[/ame] Thats my setup I think, yes its over the top, yes no need really for it, but it keeps me quiet
-
This is what I done in the summer holidays
IanT replied to the_one_that_cant's topic in General Chat
Im curious if they are outsourced or have there own IT Team -
I've had the error message before and all the symantec suggestions and solutions didnt work, only thing which worked in the end was upgrading too Backup Exec 12.5................
-
£400! - I would happy to look at it for free for ya!
-
Job of the month - N london (temp to perm)
IanT replied to SpecialAgent's topic in Educational IT Jobs
if it was perm then I would consider it............temp to perm I always find is very odd -
Director of ICT at The Chafford School - TES Connect Maybe not a technical role but hey someone may want to go down a different route........... My old school i used to go too when I was a little boi
-
There are plenty of cheap servers going on ebay atm Im selling a HP ProLiant ML330 G3 (Xeon 2.8Ghz, 3Gb of RAM, SCSI Disks, DVD Drive, Gig lan card) good enough to be a DC, DHCP, DNS etc
-
Server 2008 R2 is a very good improvement over 2008............I know exchange server 2007 and 2008 R2 dont like each other..........
-
[for sale] HP ProLiant ML330 G3 + 2.8Gb of RAM + Xeon 2.8Ghz
IanT posted a topic in Classified Adverts
HP ProLiant ML330 G3 Intel Xeon Processor 2.8 GHz/533-512KB (HT Technology) 2.8Gb of RAM (DDR\ECC) 2x 34Gb SCSI Drives (RAID1\10,000rpm) DVD-ROM Drive 1GB NIC (Built-In) -:Plus:- HP Ultrium 1 SCSI LTO1 Tape Drive (Colour White\Note I have put\installed this into the server) Detailed Spec: * Two USB ports * ROM Based Setup Utility (RBSU) and PXE support * ServerWorks GC-SL Chipset with 533-MHz Front Side Bus * 512-KB second level ECC cache standard (full speed) * MAX RAM Support expandable to 4 GB * Four total I/O slots; three available in SCSI models * 64-Bit/33MHz, 3.3v PCI * NC7760 PCI Gigabit Server Adapter (embedded) * Integrated Single Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter in a PCI slot (SCSI Models) * Integrated ATI Rage XL with 8MB SDRAM video * 300W Power Supply -:Software:- MS Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (SP2\Updates) -:Please Note:- I was given this server a few weeks ago, I really have no need for it now, in very good condition, been in a datacentre for a few years I was told, looks brand new in side case!! It comes with a LTO1 Tape Drive I put in, no marks on case, I've also take the floppy disk drive out (who uses them these days?!) I've even tested MS Windows Server 2008 on this box and runs really along side Backup Exec 12.5. No CD's come with this case, No COA on case. Im after about £180 ish for this. -
IT Manager - College - Southampton- £38,500
IanT replied to CyberNerd's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Looks like a good job! -
oppps, Sorry chap
