-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
Updated software\firmware?
-
Stick everything in sharepoint, word docs, excel docs and visio
-
BETT 2012
-
Most school I've worked in was like this: Head > Business Manager > Network Manager > Senior ICT Technician > ICT Tech > Junior ICT Tech
-
Hello Little-Miss, I've not read the entire thread yet so sorry!! Are you trying to image these netbooks with WDS or Ghost? If Ghost are you using the Windows PE to load the ghost.exe? Is the Network Driver loading on PXE Boot? Are you or have you used the 3Com PXE\TFTP Tools which come with symantec ghost?
-
I have a HP ProLiant ML110 G7 at home running 2008 with Hyper-V with about 4 VM's on running my network (mail etc etc) nice little setup!
-
System sending SMTP to exchange has a long delay
IanT replied to HMCTech's topic in Enterprise Software
You looked at the queues or message tracking to see if that indicates any delays? Also enable smtp logging - might tell you something there. -
No wonder it booted up quick.......its a VM....
-
What we do is log every logon and logoff and writes back to a text file: REM Login Script: for /f "Tokens=2 Delims=[]" %%i in ('ping -n 1 "%computername%"') do set IP=%%i echo %username% logged ON %computername%, IP=%IP% @ %time% %date% >> \\SERVER\AdminLog$\Staff\%username%.txt You create the .bat file, dump it in the Logon\Logoff scripts and done! It wont send any emails but will log it down, all you have to do is go into the text file.
-
He's was ill for some time before he died.
-
Scheduled Task - user must be logged in to run
IanT replied to enjay's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
I use a VB Script todo my shutdown in scheduled task: strComputer = "." ' Local Computer Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Shutdown)}\\" & _ strComputer & "\root\cimv2") Set colOs = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem") For Each objOs in colOs objOs.Win32Shutdown(1) Next Works everytime! -
"i also have to consider that a none ict tech might have to log in, and check backup has worked, and size of backup time taken etc, so something a bit simpler may be helpful." You can setup email notification backups which gives all these details. Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - How to configure backup jobs to send notification using Backup Exec 9.x, 10.x, 11x, 12x and 2010 (includes SMTP configuration)
-
I would agree above, its very very rare I restore anything from tape from backup exec, Volume Shadow Copy is what i use to restore most things! :-)
-
I would go with both solutions, Tape and Disk based backup. A number of places I run have the D2D2T - Have a policy in backup exec to duplicate data once tape has ran - runs pretty well! One of the other things I would recommend is getting a proper solution in place for tapes to be taken off-site, we use Recall to collect tape each week and works well, I wouldnt trust taking it home myself or giving it to anyone else!
-
Inplace upgrade yup - done many times without any issues
-
Dont quite understand all these horror stories, one of the places we support has Cisco VOIP installed without any issues on HP ProCurve network. Switches we use are ProCurve 2910al-48G-POE+ and some 2610-24-PWR - VOIP has its own vlan: vlan xx qos priority 6 If you do get any 2910al's make sure the latest firmware is updated on them!
-
TMG 2010: Someone Find me Something High to Jump Off
IanT replied to SYNACK's topic in Enterprise Software
Was TMG a replacement for "ISA"? -
Yup - i get this. What version of Exchange\OWA?
-
One thing you will notice is you can use 2010 and 2010 R2 License Keys within R3 installation - I even rang Symantec up to check this a while back when R3 came out and they said yup thats fine. I would also enabled or check that Granular Restore Technology is enabled on the Backup Jobs for exchange\hyper-v. Make sure you also get some lto barcodes for the tapes! Backkup Exec is pretty easy when you have a play with it, make sure you create a policy for daily, weekly and monthly jobs! PM me if you need any help!!
-
As long as you are logged into the domain with the a domain administrator account it should work - tried and tested, worked! I sometimes use this when a machine has locked up, force it to shutdown
-
You normally get this message if its not part of domain or cannot authenticate properly
-
I went to the Gadget Show Live last year! was very good. Ahhhhhhhhh suzi perry!
-
Hey All! Techy and Geeks alike i need your advice on my career
IanT replied to satz's topic in General Chat
for me I prefer to see as much on a CV, if its 2 or 5 pages! i dont care as long as its got everything on there!
