Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bobsmith

Members
  • Posts

    1,225
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobsmith

  1. did the student get a result shown associated with this course?
  2. If you're fully licensed then can't you grab a clean copy off the main SIMS server where you work? Sounds like bullguard has interrupted the setup procedure and it's much much easier just to start again rather than attempt a fix.
  3. if you're sitting in front of SIMS, open up a student record, go to their family contacts and open one up with an email address. There's a button that says "Send", what happens if you press it? I suspect it's hardcoded to just open whatever email client that windows thinks is the default - our IT boys are very unlikely to have done anything clever to get it to work here. (Outlook desktop client)
  4. Sounds like they had SIMS Intouch installed....
  5. They do testing??
  6. alternative curriculum perhaps? It'll remove them from their normal register and put them on a special register. A bit laborious adding and removing them from it but will do the job.
  7. Some Parent's don't want to claim it, what do you do in that situation?
  8. BTECs are now applied general rather than vocational, so yes to that one. Those ticks are not exclusive, Facilitating subjects are also A-Levels and Academic. Not sure about the A&AS level combined, I've not seen that on any headlines reports yet.
  9. Largely there's no guidance because the DfE isn't in the business of setting student level targets. If you're happy enough with your old methodology then it might be easier to do a two step conversion - so levels to GCSE fine grades then GCSE fine grades to Grades 9-1 using this from the DfE: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/596393/Grading_new_GCSEs_from_2017_v4.pdf
  10. Admission numbers - which many 3rd party apps want to use as the unique reference in their database.
  11. when you put your applicants on one of the registration fields is admission date. If you set the date in the future (as you would do when putting applicants on) then they are not actually on roll until then. As for the "crossing the threshold" it's very true that this is the case - however deleting the student also works. It's mostly to do with CENSUS and CME stuff, so as long as you are on top of things* it's not going to get you shot** * i.e. don't submit the census with them still on your roll if they aren't!!! **unless your LA is deeply linked into your MIS and get updates from it automatically, in which case you may well get shot.
  12. I've gone back and re-read your original post and that's not what I'm reading... However I do take the point that I did not provide a solution.
  13. If you're from RSConnectEd you'll know what the interface looks like for the connectEd gateway - also the fact that it doesn't have the polish of the website (which is great). Mine's been crashing just trying to grab y11 exam timetables recently.
  14. I keep my templates - it's just the marksheets themselves which are frequently out of date. Come September I delete and recreate as I go through the template checking that the right columns are still in use etc.
  15. I've had this, and 99 times out of 100 they are done straight after I send the alert, THEN they write a p*ssy message saying "but they are done".... The computer rarely lies...
  16. After it came out that they already HAD shared some of this information with the home office!!
  17. There's a program that you install on your pc which can grab the documents out of the "linked documents" within SIMS. So basically you produce the report, upload it to the students then run the program which will hunt those documents down (only the ones you specify) and upload them to RS Connect Ed for sending out to the specified students. To get the program you need to phone RS Connect Ed - it feels a little beta still but works a treat - they'll give you a download link and instructions (we had a phone tutorial by one of their experts). But it's actually really easy to use.
  18. On a related note, what software do LA's use to produce these ATFs? (ours lost the ability some years back )
  19. Link2ICT - SIMS <- click here haven't these guys been around forever up there?
  20. this stuff isn't all that standardised, I've had a hunt through the asc timetables website and it's not filling me with confidence that it has a format that you're going to be able to import into SIMS. I know that Keith Johnson's Timetabler software has an explicit SIMS export, but not seen any others that do.
  21. oh I should have pointed that out, bane of my life when some of my admin remove all kids from a course and the damned thing vanishes from sight!
  22. For the permissions we use RS ConnectED and it handles permissions brilliantly. As the parents contact details are used we can be reasonably (legally) sure that the parent is the one providing permission. (unless their offspring is an accomplished hacker and has got into their parent's email)
  23. What program was it produced in? I know that Keith Johnson's timetable software can do a SIMS export.
  24. Discover client version 7.174.5.0 Discover Database Version 7.174.5.0 Discover Catalogue Version 7.174.5.0 Data Transfer Service Version 7.174.5.0 Group Synchronistation Service Version 7.174.5.0 SIMS Database Version 3.62.669 SIMS client version 7.174 build 37
  25. one of the knock on effects could be the teaching staff going on strike as this would breach the gained time union agreements......
×
×
  • Create New...