-
Posts
3,240 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mthomas08
-
We only have a few staff who are joining this, so business as usual.
-
Loving the new Samsung Advert! Stick it to Apple
mthomas08 replied to Pyroman's topic in General Chat
HAHA Brilliant!!!!! -
Its a shame thats something we can never fix, our Head here got an email about a year ago and was about to sign away a lot of details including his CC..... needless to say his wife jump him and stopped it....
-
Ohh didnt know that, I was sure they both came out in 2007 my mistake (it can happen). But still I did say in an earlier post the big differences of what makes Battlefield a great game and what makes COD a great game. COD concentrating on the single player story yet Battlefield aiming for that multiplayer (with bots). Just a shame I think both games should of joined forces and become the ULTIMATE Battlefield Warfare!!. I have yet to play multiplayer on both but I am abusing the single player Will admit..... I do miss 1942, hopefully we can have another COD based game in WW2 think its time to cut down the middle east / terrorist ideas at least for a good few more years.
-
It was mainly for the arguements concerning MW3 SP - Where most complaints have been how similar MW3 was to MW2 single player, single player being shorter and all the same rough levels. And not really giving the player something new. Although the BF3 rip off was more MW2/Blackops and you also answered your own comment with why it seemed too alike. Than again it was only about 6 months ago I played Black Ops and MW2 and 1 - I wanted to know what the hype was about. So that is still fresh in my mind. In the end what would be a longer list, the similarities or the differences? As for MW2 and BF2 (wasnt MW1 and BF2 released around the same time), plus Single Player for BF2 was BF style - not story mode but multiplayer with bots. Unless you are telling me all FPS games must be modern warfare in the middle east/terrorists? What ever happened to "Come up with new stuffs for us to play?"
-
Yeah agreed its all opinions, it goes back to the whole BF vs MW rubbish, frankly I consider BF3 a complete rip off MW2/Black Ops just with a tank and a plane. Both games were given far too much hype, MW3 does feel like MW2 but frankly so does BF3. I was disappointed in both games hugely and the only moments I can recall I really enjoyed was the story of MW and BF3 Plane and parachute jump scene. As for sales/refunds figures again I still can not see a single site showing refund figures yet some have mentioned gamers are not happy with both games and more MW3 (mainly for the short single player on MW3 and BF3 ripping off MW with story and game settings). Call of Duty: MW3 sales top $775 million in five days - News at GameSpot See how easy it is to put a website? by using google? As for the refunds again I did a quick google and couldnt see anything so till i see official stats its just rumour just like the moon being made out of cheese (sorry for the spoiler guys). Wouldnt class either game as rubbish just both over rated and felt like MW3=MW2 Expansion pack and BF3= Modern Warfare: BattleField Ops
-
Strange windows 7 works fine on very old machines, as for the illegal issues well..... We had a Year 12 lad who came up here and wanted access to our wireless, I had a look, realised it was an illegal copy. I looked at him and said no this is an illegal OS and I am not having that connected to our system. Was rather blunt and rude did say sorry for it but if he wants it on our system it must be legal. Strange thing was this lad had been in three to five times over the year to connect it and each time it had a different OS... he was what I class as a BTEC Tinkerer (means clueless yet thought he knew it all because he could install an OS) yet asked me silly questions over the year... Still have to love this job!
-
Exactly. We dont do this, it has been raised usually every 18 months by a member of staff: Answer is no. If the government got wind of it I can bet some serious heads will be bashed.
-
Light side, purple lightsaber please! Otherwise one green, one blue.
-
The most mundane thing you have ever ordered off the internet?
mthomas08 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
"Most mundane thing you ordered of the internet" Hmmm we ordered a MAC does that count Only joking -
As a primary school, if you have money - I would consider going to outside Moodle suppliers, they will provide a good basic site. Although as a person who knows a ton about IT Moodle is easy to setup, from a teachers point a view - not at all. The basic moodle install which is free - will come with basics (and I do mean basics) unless moodle has changed in the last 12 months since we last installed it. If you do go for the free one I hope you have the time and know how to really customise it, if I was you I would install it on a test machine and see what you get and if you are happy to customise it. Personally I would go for a supplier because moodle will require an on site machine and then you have to get that connected to the outsider world etc (which then you will want security etc).
-
Racism is still a big sad part of the world, to deny it is just being ignorant. Other half's brother lives in Spain and he tells me a good few stories about how bad it is over there, I brought up the conversation because of F1 when some one painted their face black.
-
I must agree, although the upgrade here went smooth the left overs was something else e.g Address Lists, Outlook 2003 requires RPC Authentication to be enabled (due to default RPC Auth on Exchange 2010). There was a few other niggles which I had to work through but as of now things are working fine. As for the OP it does sound like a IE setting in place, we had zero issues here but our IE Security is probably lower then it should be but our PC protection is quite high and have had zero issues thus far.
-
We use Sharepoint here (free version) at the moment, but I am hoping to move it over to frog but the frog forms need a bit of work. Which I believe frog are working on it
-
Surely if you fail some one you fail them for doing the wrong thing not doing the right thing differently? Our students do website work in dream weaver, they have to show how they did it, what they did and put it in word/screenshots. Surely if some one did the same thing but made it look professional and fancy not just a few bits of text and animations deserves some high recommendations and merits? our students are currently making flash files and using them in their websites (again they show how/what they did as evidence). Then again what exactly are they marked on? if the criteria is met what do they get even if the teacher does not understand it? I guess like life even if you do all the hard work you still get shafted - kind of reminds me of IT Although it is interesting that @hermand mentioned Uni, University lecturers get paid a lot to actually spot the difference between an impressive piece of work done differently? they are also expected to "know their stuff". I could be mistaken but that's how I feel.
-
Not done the online yet but did Spec Ops last night, loved it - especially being thrown endless bad guys to gun down.
-
I disagree and agree, I believe a ICT Teacher should have a better understanding of IT then other "non ICT" people shall we call them the Normal User? ICT Staff should understand more. Our previous head of ICT actually understood a lot, then he was the head of IT Support as well and dealt with everything, if he didnt deal with it you could bet that he was involved when it came to IT accross the college. Since he retired IT Support has grown - it needed to grow due ot the growth of IT Accross the school. We no longer have really anything to do with ICT Classes, we can no longer dedicate our time to making sure the ICT Suites are clean and tidy and working 100% and fix every issue with the PCs. Mainly because we have ICT suites throughout the college and even PE have 4 suites and time table lessons in additional 2 (non ICT Dept ones). If just one of our servers went down out of 10 you can place a huge bet on how many people will complain. Personally I feel like schools are saving too much money by getting unqualified staff over qualified to save money - how bad is it that schools have to save money? We recently suffered redundancies as well and employed even younger (ex Students) as Teaching Assistances. Not forgetting the 15 PGCE Students and a couple of Volunteers (unpaid) who are doing more then just assisting teachers but are some times taking full classes on their own. ICT/Schools as a whole are suffering, ICT Staff do not need to know the ins/outs of top IT side of things (Servers/sans/switches) but they should have basic knowledge of everything they teach the kids. If I remember rightly servers/backups/switches do come in to their ICT work when it comes to description/understanding in which case staff should know? I was approached by the head of ICT and she did ask if the students could do a questionaire on things they need to know about servers/networking and the questions she was talking about was core details. Like what is the main server, what does it do, what makes it "work". I did politely say if she wants to gather them all together for me and forward the questions to me I will get back as soon as I can. Does that mean the staff member should of known those answers or instead should that staff member prepared it all for me so I could answer them easier directly with her and then she can pass it to the students? or should I be answering them directly with the students?
-
I would agree, as NM I should have zero contact with ICT Teaching unless actual IT Support related - eg Something needs fixing. There are times where I have had to give assistance in students "Required" Coursework because the teacher doesn't have any clue. Surely that means they are not qualified to do their own job? I have been so busy in the last 12 months that every time a question pops up I blow it out of the water. I wish I was being sarcastic on the busy part but I find my self turning up early and getting normal jobs out the way to do my own work before any one else is in... There have even been times when we have had to do prep work for the ICT Staff because they didnt plan ahead on the course of what the students needed and waited till they got to that "unit" to decide what they needed. E.g BTEC Students needed to practice some exercises on a domain (like active directory). The staff member in question waited till they started the Unit to decide to ask for the above...
-
I actually preferred the single player to MW3 then BF3, thought the vehicles was pure fun in BF3 though - shame the story was dead boring - they should have stuck with the BF Multiplayer with Bots style. As for MW3 refunds - is that fact or just people saying rumors because according to the reviews I have seen it has been rated highly and blew BF3 sales out of the water. Just curious that's all unless I see it published on a review site I tend to ignore it. Although I had been reading the review by IGN about FPS games, talks about FPS games being the same old same old (Realistic World War style). I would agree with that especially the fact that multiplayer seems to be the main building part of FPS games lately. I have always been the "Story, Action, Gameplay" (in that order) type of person. BUT either way doesnt really matter, games companys' care about one thing - sales. And according to IGN/SUN/EMPIRE sales have gone through the roof and yet again broke records...... Shame really - means BF4/MW4 will just be improved graphics, sound and multiplayer and that's it.... unless one of them takes a risk and does something different..
-
I am in the wrong place at the wrong job.
-
Have not played it yet but then again I only some times care about the detail in the first mission or so, its usually the story I tend to go for in games. Unless it is like Counter Strike or original BF1942 which was just pure fun
-
Its strange, this whole BF3 vs MW3 war especially considering BF3 single player was more like playing call of duty black ops. Battlefield was always about that multiplayer feel even in single player not about a single player story based campaign which call of duty was always about going back to the WW2 days. I played Battlefield as soon as it came out (big fan of WW2 FPS games), played COD the originals they were good but once completed that was it. I didnt play any of the MW games till black ops. Loved the single player campaign, story and action. Battlefields 3 vehicle use is brilliant, yet to play Mw3 but if its anything like the previous ones I will probably enjoy them far more. I wouldnt sit there and attack Bf3 though and even today I still dont get why people would. I guess it is the same as the PS3 vs XBOX360 - think they need to grow up personally
-
Had a feeling this was going to happen, far too many "whys" and "hows" and things that didnt add up. Glad he got what was coming though as for the jokes I am a MJ fan and have been all my life (of his music) and nothing wrong with it in my view. Still strange that there will be no more MJ music though, still can't get used to that and still regret not going to one of his performances when I had the chance.
