Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. At least now you know why my guilds rules are the way they are
  2. If you aren't registered on enjin, you can't read the guild forums, if you can't read the guild forums you are unaware of important guild information. This is a situation we don't allow to exist. Hence applying via the website is a requirement for guild membership. It's impossible to tell if a new member fits in the guild or indeed if the guild fits well with them otherwise. We've tried (or at least looked at in detail) most looting systems, (ironically there's a full reasoned discussion of this on the guild forums), and getting the balance right between fairness (perceived or actual) and maximising benefit to the team as a whole is an interesting and complex problem to solve. I'm open to suggestions ofc. The particular reason for using EPGP for the RT was to allow progression of players from RT and PT and back again without 'losing' their standing vs other players. We did toy with running Suicide Kings for the RT but decided it wasn't worth it.
  3. you need to be registered on Enjin first.
  4. There's a recruitment link on the guild website that takes you to an application form, just mention me in the application.
  5. We have two raid teams (well, will do and have in the past) we have a Progression team that goes for learning the encounters and getting through to hard modes as soon as is reasonable. Then we have the Relaxed team that's made up of people who simply want to see the content on normal, or don't have the time to raid 3x a week, or alts from the PT.
  6. There's no requirement to raid if you don't want to. You can quite happily log in, talk in guild chat and do nothing else if you want. That's fine by us. If you want help to learn how to play better we have plenty of experienced players who can help you. Finally we are an adult only guild and have a 21+ age rule for guild members. Here's the website. http://tranquilityqt.enjin.com/
  7. Alliance
  8. Way back when I implemented Junior Librarian at a Primary. It was very nice from both an IT network admin point of view and a Library setup point of view. The only bit that's a bit tedious is the barcoding and scanning process of all your books etc.
  9. Yeah I really liked how you followed chen and li-li through the valley of the four winds. Made for one of the best quest storylines in WoW I think.
  10. Hyper V is in the Kernel. Microsoft screwed up so was forced to submit patches. These patches are in kernels 2.6.3 and up.
  11. If you just install the Intel Chipset INF bundle that does the job regarding the mobo (apart from the above mentioned issues). http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775 The graphics is the 'Intel HD Graphics' stuff. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&changeLang=true&DwnldID=21450 The NIC is a realtek PCIe GigE onboard job Realtek
  12. Does anyone need a recruit a friend invite? If so I have some free. You get discounts for purchasing the game and a free month (I get a free month and a mount too). Recruit a Friend - Services - World of Warcraft
  13. EvilGrin#2606 Play WoW MoP on EU Alliance, own Starcraft and D3 but rarely touch them these days. As for CRZ in MoP you can join others via battlenet and quest with each other perfectly fine. MoP zones don't CRZ automatically due to low population though.
  14. I jumped ship from Outland-H to Quel'Thalas-A near the end of Burning Crusade. If there's anyone without a home I'm an officer in a fairly decent adult only semi casual 10 man raiding guild.
  15. Yes they have. You need to be 89 to queue for Coren though.
  16. OTOH they do do some good investigative journalism. Panorama (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  17. On this thread: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/jokes-interweb-things/101476-todays-xkcd.html This ad link: Mature dating online. Join thousands of singles now! With this image: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/12771365642254812797
  18. There's also a google maps API mashup that pulls the whole thing together, there's no tiles though so you can't zoom in.
  19. FTL is a spaceship simulation/roguelike. It was funded via kickstarter. The game released on 14th Sept on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. It's listed on Steam, it's also available on GOG and via the developers website. Here's the trailer: And here's a preview/review by TotalBuiscut (Summary: he quite liked it).
  20. It's a Linux machine, so I have MPlayer and Ghostscript installed. So no.
  21. I have Chromium here on my Linux laptop (for obvious reasons) and I can't say it's missing anything I need day to day.
  22. Way back when, I used to deploy firefox. However I've preferred Chrome for the last year or two for the reasons outlined above. The MSI and GPO are readily available for Chrome. It's certainly possible to get an MSI and GPO for Firefox too, but you are relying on third parties and jumping through multiple hoops to get to the same place. All taking up valuable time and effort. Additionally on a personal level I've moved from Firefox to Chrome. I've found Firefox to get slow and unstable after several iterations of plugin installs requiring me to nuke the user profile to get it back to a usable state. The other show stopper for me was that Youtube videos would not play smoothly. So that was the final nail in the coffin for me with Firefox.
  23. You can tunnel SSH over HTTPS with Corkscrew. corkscrew
  24. you can tunnel anything over SSH, I'd suggest VNC so you end up in the same session as her. Using VNC with SSH But tunnelling the X Server will also work. Run remote X applications over network using ssh
  25. I've had the same cassette adapter for about 10 years stuck in the car (I've had the same car for 12). It was a fairly expensive £15 adapter from Halfords but I've had zero issues. So yes. I think you get what you pay for.
×
×
  • Create New...