-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Have you asked Fork Ltd about their support arrangements? Because the Prey Pro they offer does sound like exactly what you need. Contact us – Prey
-
Why do you need it to be UK based?
-
Has anyone played about with Minecraft mods? Particularly in a server environment?
-
I don't know how efficient xcopy is or the storage systems you have (you will have to test) but when I use rsync or scp between my systems it will max out the network link between them. So it's simply a matter of totalling up the file size and dividing it by the link speed. You'll end up with the time it'll take in seconds. If there's another slower component then that'll be your bottleneck. Once you know what speed that can do (say it's the write speed of the hard drive in the NAS) you can base your calculations on that instead.
-
Yeah, it's usually called 'Antivirus Protection' or something similar?
-
Driving a P (96 plate) reg Fiesta with 57k on the clock. Last thing I fixed was to replace the rocker box gasket (myself) for £6 from ebay.
-
is there a dos based flash? I've had better luck rebooting to the command line personally. There is too much going on in a running Windows system and I think something gets in the way (drivers I'd guess).
-
Locally we have a under 25 policy for being ID'd in the pubs, clubs and off licenses. However the policy does sometimes puzzle me when I'm being served by an 18 year old.
-
Does it have it's rails?
-
There are no regulations as such. However I know of a case where not having network cabling installed by a qualified network cable engineer resulted in building insurance being invalid. This is an extreme example though. In the UK the qualifications are awarded via the QCF framework. For example here is the City and Guilds one.
-
[fog] VMware/Virtualbox Fog Compatibility test fails disk test...
Geoff replied to ben604's topic in O/S Deployment
The FoG default kernel only supports VMWare images using IDE discs. Otherwise you need to build a custom kernel with Device Drivers -> SCSI Device Support -> SCSI low-level drivers -> VMware PCSCSI device support compiled in.- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
I believe linux expects ICH7 SATA controllers to be running in AHCI mode. Please change your BIOS settings and test again.
-
Can you tell us what the hardware is? Motherboard/SATA controller/Disk/etc?
-
IIS logs flat files in 'C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\W3SVC1' IIRC. I'd just use Cygwin tbh. However I did come across this script too. http://www.sapien.com/forums/scriptinganswers/forum_posts.asp?TID=1650
-
True, but that doesn't give you the same information lsof does on *nix. Process Explorer does.
-
I've only used the home edition (security essentials) which I've put on a lot of machines. Never had any issues. It just quitely sits down there in the notification area doing its job.
-
Noting in the stock OS will do it. Try this though. Process Explorer
-
Using IE implicitly consumes a license as it's part of the OS. Are you sure the cameras can't work with Zoneminder? It can cope with most things.
-
I only max out the CPU on my Samsung Galaxy S2 when I'm cracking WEP/WPA keys.
-
I think it would be difficult to create enough content for a radio station, but perhaps the podcasting could be revisited. You do need someone dedicated to it though. Beyond that there's also the possibility of a youtube channel or even livesteaming of events.
-
I disagree with the premise that having a market between competing exam boards has caused a 'race to the bottom' rather I think that it is a result of schools striving to be as high up in the league tables as they can get. Arguably by having their pupils sit the 'easiest' exams they can. Therefore the exam boards are simply fulfilling the demand created by schools gaming the system? Granted having everyone sit the same exam still fixes this problem (but wasn't the national curriculum supposed to level the playing field too?) but with the state of the league tables at the moment you can't realistically use them to compare schools performance fairly. There is a lot more to a school than its GCSE and A Level exam results.
-
Lync doesn't support IM to response groups AFAIK without 3rd party software.
-
Well there's several issues to the scenario you have painted. 1. Insurance. Staff need to check they are covered by their personal insurance for bringing stuff like that into school. They are probably ok but you never know. Also check if they are covered when laptops etc are in their cars. That's always a good one people get caught out on. 2. Staff in possession of inappropriate materials on school premises. This is a no brainer IMHO. Just because it's on their laptop doesn't make it any different than if it was on a usb stick, their file area or even a magazine in their briefcase. AUP/Policy and resulting disciplinary systems should cover this anyway. Serious stuff needs to be referred to the police too ofc. 3. Pupils stealing. Again, fairly straightforward. Existing pastoral care/student behaviour policy should cover you. Staff are ofc free to report theft to the Police and take things further themselves.
-
WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics You might consider using file quotas or perhaps moving some shares around to other servers?
