Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Why is a ping for 10.34.70.5 coming back as 10.34.70.15?! Try putting the CCTV system onto an address in the 71 range
  2. What about if you assign it in the 10.34.71.x range? Will it work then?
  3. It shouldn't be. As long as your systems all have the same subnet, they should be able to use any address in 10.34.x.x and still talk to each other.
  4. Scratch that....
  5. I think you've answered your own question mate - give it a go. If your hearts still there you'd only regret it if you didn't. It may be a world of pain bringing up someone elses baby, but it may be more pain being without the one you hold your heart for. All the best.
  6. Are you going through the same switching equipment as the server (the server that the connection is successful on?)
  7. I thought your CCTV servers IP was 10.34.70.2, yet when you try and ping the server name it tries to ping 10.34.70.11 - this suggests to me a problem with your DNS. Can you flush/register your DNS again on your workstation? ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns
  8. How are you connecting? Is it web based? If so, are you using IP or a name (like CCTVCam1) to try and connect?
  9. Does your CCTV stuff have a list of 'allowed' IP addresses? It may be, for security reasons, it only allows certain IPs to connect to it. Take a look in the management software and see if there is any place you can add the IP for your computer.
  10. You're subnet seems fine to me. 255.255.0.0 means your network is 10.34.0.0 - which means 10.34.1.1 can talk to 10.34.90.2 if you wanted to.
  11. My other half is my world, and if she did something like that to me there'd be no talking, just the sound of footsteps leaving. I'd take my daughter with me (have you got family you could rely on?) and use what she did to custody of the child. No matter how bad it gets, stay safe and think of your daughter before you make any impulse decisions (as in the motorway bridge). Life is too good to waste, and I'm sure you'll realise that every single time you look into your daughters eyes. Also, if you have some friends (even colleagues) then talk to them. And as always, you have fellow edugeekers to try and help you through, even if they can't be there in person with you.
  12. What's the subnet for the CCTV system (may sound like a silly question but just to double check)? Can you ping the server from your PC? Have you tried temporarily disabling the firewall on your PC and pinging the CCTV system?
  13. Please ensure you take photo's of your injuries. I doubt they'll help much in your legal case, but if you post them up here we'll be sure to get a laugh out of them =P
  14. Could it also be something with Win7/Vista profiles are different to those in XP and the first time each user logs on it had to do the additional setting up, taking a little while longer. Have you tried updating your default/mandatory profile to include the new way Win7 does things in the profile?
  15. First thing I would check is event viewer. See what's going on the first logon. Really sounds like a profile thing - maybe trying to access something it doesn't have permissions to do?
  16. What's BECTA? (Seriously, what is BECTA now the government plan to scrap it hehe)
  17. Thing is though, you really can't trust modern software these days to do a manual job. Most accurate way is to power down the server (very important), take off the heatsink and fan, and lick the CPU. If you feel a burning sensation on your tongue is probably is too hot!
  18. I used to love Slipknot when I was younger (as in 13) - not so much now, but still enjoy the odd track. BBC News - Slipknot bassist Paul Gray found dead in Des Moines
  19. Couldn't believe this when I saw it on Look North East last night. Terrible thing to happen - it's a bad road though isn't it? Maybe it's time something was done.
  20. Currently building a test network to prepare for Vanilla. Is there a graphical display to design these things for HTML5/Ajax? TBH, it's something I haven't had time to look into yet, but probably should!
  21. 1) Wouldn't be able to program in VB.net with a *nix distro 2) Wouldn't be able to manage our RM CC3 network (without having to constantly remote into the server everytime I wanted to make a change) 3) Wouldn't be able to design Flash apps (AFAIK) with *nix
  22. USB-VGA looks like the easiest. Do they work without hangs etc? Just gotta persuade the boss.
  23. I WANT 3 monitors! I currently have two, but have another spare lying around. What's the cheapest/easiest way to connect this to my current setup?
  24. I wish I could make the move over to Ubuntu, I really do. I just love Win7 too much to attempt it!
  25. Oh, haha. I thought you were asking us who you complained to the most. Just kept thinking to myself "I've never really seen you complain on here, what a strange question!"
×
×
  • Create New...