Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Ok - so it didn't fix it. I thought it did but the course I tried resetting actually had no quiz attempts so worked fine. The teacher has since come back to me and said it still doesn't work, and I've confirmed this. What next?
  2. Looking at buying one of these to see how they cope in a school environment. Does anybody have any reviews on them? Do they work well? IRPENS Just trying out the alternative before we take a plunge into a much more expensive IWB. Security of the Wii remote isn't an issue, as we will be getting DT to make a cage for it.
  3. Hightower

    F1 2010

    Fancied it when doing the food shop last night, but I can't justify pulling out £40 at the minute for a game. Perhaps wait until Xmas and get a pre-owned one.
  4. Posted here ages ago! http://www.edugeek.net/forums/jokes-interweb-things/62476-do-you-have-head-heights.html
  5. I'd prefer a larger option, but I usually just buy whatever my mates dad has going when I need a new car. These are usually smaller hatches like Clio's but the latest purchase was a 1.7CDTi Astra. I wouldn't say the 1.7CDTi is a large engine, nor a small engine. I pay £90 p/y tax on it, and it has plenty of poke when I get my toe down. Quick enough to blitz past a hazardous driver doing 40, slow enough to have red cheeks when attempting to go past a 330
  6. Yes - I solved a question earlier today and wanted to mark it as solved but function did not exist. Would be handy.
  7. Attached. Please note this package was offered to us by another school, and before my time. I believe the package is free to be distributed, but unfortunately I can't offer any assistance in the setup as it was configured here before my time. There is a read me included though that offers some decent instructions, as well as the original author details.
  8. Phone the LEA and ask for support. It may be where a big boss at the LEA phones the head up and explains how bad an idea this is - may be enough to change the HT's mind about the whole thing.
  9. Hightower

    LOL

    I really find it strange. I was thinking about this the other day, and there is just no consistancy anymore in English football refereeing. Steven Gerrard went in with a leading arm on Saturday, and had it been Lee Cattermole it might have been a sending off. In fact Michael Turner got sent off for a similar offense last season. I started thinking, is it the complexity of the rules, but came to the conclusion that football is about as simple as it gets. There are many other sports with much more complex rules and they don't seem to suffer the same level of incompetence. I'm not just talking PL either - I watch a lot of local football. I watch Northern League, Wearside League, and play on a Sunday, and see the same inconsistancies across all levels.
  10. We have an MSI here that adds the username to a print out from the internet. Only does it for internet though, not for Word/PowerPoint etc etc
  11. Hightower

    LOL

    Yes, but when I mention that result to the maggies here they beat down claims that Villa was in limbo and just point to Andy Carroll getting a hat-trick. Sick of maggies claiming he is ready for the big time - how is Andy Carroll better than Darren Bent? Andy Carroll - 4 PL goals (3 against a 'lacklustre' Villa, 1 against Wolves) Darren Bent - 5 PL goals (2 against Liverpool, 1 against Arsenal, 1 against Man City, and 1 against Birmingham) Andy Carroll was a good player in the Championship. I think his true skill set will show in the wash this year however. As for the Liverpool goal on Saturday I didn't want to mention it, because us red and whites aren't as bitter as the black and whites. (I feel that referee should not ref in the PL since he allowed the ghost goal though - nothing to do with Sunderland on Saturday, he just isn't up to the PL standard and hopefully will now be investigated)
  12. Okay, after another look today my folder name was: GCSE Modern World History - Unit 2 yet the MSI was called: GCSE Modern World History - Unit 2 ActiveTeach Changed the folder name to include the ActiveTeach on the end, so it matches the name of the MSI. Also changed the folder name in shortcuts to match too, updated the package list and shortcuts are now available to allocate out. Checked installation instructions and that is how it says to install it - so they got it wrong.
  13. Actually, the path is RMPackages\Applications\PackageName\v1.0.0.0\Shortcuts\PackageName\Shortcut.lnk Surely from my OP you can see that I have put the shortcuts in the correct place as some are there and others are not
  14. As others have said, most come with MSI's. RM does a whole host of BluePrints (simple exe's that create MSI's from a set of files) for free (obviously RM schools), and if those aren't available I believe they still sell packages to schools for around £20 (for certain titles only, but the list is quite extensive). After that, there's AppDeploy which helps with packaging all sorts of software. Personally, I don't think there's business in this alone, and would need to be offered alongside other services.
  15. Hightower

    LOL

    We were playing a 'bunch of nobodies' (as the maggies put it) at Anfield on Saturday, and came away with a point. They were playing a team of world beaters (I mean Stoke have won every trophy going right? Plus it's basically Sunderlands old squad so they must be great) at home and came away with nothing. Uh oh, seems the honeymoon period is over for the black and whites. Whoops, did you even have one, getting beat off Blackpool a couple of weeks ago?! Europe? Not quite Relegation battle? Quite possibly Andy Carroll for England? Most definately not! All I can say to all you black and whites is....... lol
  16. Yeah, I tend to agree that a help desk would help you sort this out. Just explain to your 'friends' at work when they request something, that all jobs now have to be logged and properly prioritised, and you will do it when it is due to be done.
  17. I'm sure we've thought about using Moodle for this.....
  18. Yes, but this is a "I'll pollyfill that wall instead of plastering it" approach, because that way the shortcuts would show on every machine instead of just the machines that actually have the package installed (3 by the way)
  19. Having a strange problem with our programs sets in CC3. I've created 4 packages lately for ActiveTeach, using the method as described in the included instructions. The package works fine, and I'm just trying to add the shortcuts now to a program set but: GCSE Modern World History - Unit 2 GCSE Modern World History - Unit 1 both don't exist when allocating the shortcut (the list has the shortcuts for packages before/after these two titles) Edexcel GCSE Geography B AT Edexcel GCSE MWH Unit 1 both exist and the shortcuts can be allocated to a program set as expected. Anybody got any ideas with this? Like I say, I've followed the instructions given by the software vendor for CC3. I've also tried health checks etc on the workstations/porgram sets.
  20. I've got a couple of mates that work at the local Blockbuster - guess they're out of a job now...
  21. Obviously the problem lies with the make of platform. Everyone knows Asda trolleys are only supposed to be used for small men, Tesco trolleys for medium sized men, and Sainsbury's for large men. These guys need a Sainsbury's trolley!
  22. Just go to the adobe site, then click on Flash, then click on Distribute Flash. You'll have to do that anyways as you need a licence from Adobe to be able to roll it out via MSI.
  23. I erm, I don't get it
  24. Found it. It allowed for custom params, so I serialized the form data and passed it into this.
  25. Well, can I still opt for one of the P4 ones you have? If so let me know about postage etc
×
×
  • Create New...