Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. World peace, and for Christmas not to be drawn out for 5 months! I get the feeling of de-ja-vu here!
  2. Was that your overnight temperature? It's -7 here now
  3. Well, I suppose I'll go dig my car out. For all of those that have been aching for snow to fall in their areas, I hope it comes as hard as it did up here - you'll soon get fed up.
  4. Footballers may be overpaid and underworked, but they are ultimately entertainers - if anyone has beef with them earning so much then surely they should also have beef with actors and TV presenters. As for football taking over peoples lives - yes, it does. I love football. It IS my life. It's the second most important thing on this world to me. I pay good money for my Sports packages - if you dont want to watch it, then dont buy the sports packages. Corrie will be on the other channel.
  5. I don't think I'm underpaid. I don't mean that in a big-headed way, but when you look at levels of unemployement etc etc I think I don't do too bad.
  6. It does move around the world, but to give it to Qatar in 2022 is shocking - have they even got a national side?! Football should go where the fans are. Spain - football mad. Portugal - football mad. England - football mad. South Africa - football mad. Qatar? I thought that was just the name of an airline before today!
  7. Yes, which is a good thing for this country. A few smaller clubs could get something good from it - surely it's better than having to build a dozen stadiums in Russia. The thing that is annoying is, if you look at the crowds from this past World Cup it was shocking. Hold the World Cup in England and you are gonna fill stadiums.
  8. I wasn't trying to say that you become that nationality. But I know that if I moved to a foreign land I'd support something that was going to benefit the country that was so kindly feeding me. Anyhow, the point is irrelevant now because you've just said you'd quite happily support it
  9. Because Sepp Blatter is (allegedly) corrupt and has (allegedly) taken a bribe. Not even Michael Jackson himself could (allegedly) compete with that So, by that I'm guessing your either Welsh or Scottish (and I'll take a guess at Scottish ). And I'm also assuming you're living in London? And if you're living in London I'm also assuming you are employed in London?
  10. Not really sure now off the top of my head. £3500 rings a bell (but could be wrong!). That was with 6 x 72gb 15000rpm disks, 32GB RAM, SD card with ESXi image, 2 x Xeons (of some sort - cant remember off top of head) and the usual bumf of redundant PSU and 4 x NICs etc. For full failover? You'd need a lot more kit than that, starting with an additional SAN, ESX licences, servers/sans distributed in different locations with multiple links - for full failover the list is endless, and the bill is even longer
  11. Your profile says you live in London, so surely that should be "not only did WE not get the world cup, WE were last"
  12. Valid argument. Russia are awesome footballers, and Qatar have won the World Cup 11 times. I wonder how much it cost Abromovich to have the WC in Russia
  13. But how much does it get in comparison to the active membership. EduGeek might have 30000+ members, but I bet there's less than 1000 of those that are active
  14. Apparently not, but that's the only way the admins would be able to do it. Perhaps a simpler way is to create a poll allowing female members to log their vote. This would obviously only show female members that are active on the forum, but then if you got the total number of active members you would be able to work a ratio somehow.
  15. You generally just need to spec the server for the jobs you need. People are saying lots of RAM, but if you're hosting two servers why do you NEED 64gb RAM? It's a variable and is completely dependant on the jobs you require. We bought a G6 - it came with a built in SD card with ESXi on it, so the HDD's are purely for storage of VMs. I wouldn't even recommend investing in a SAN setup. If you have scope for one ESXi server then get local storage. If you increase the amount of ESXi servers in the future you can invest in the SAN then and move your local storage accross to it. Buying a SAN for one server to me seems a bit like buying a bakers to feed a budgie.
  16. Well, bad news is bad news. Just hope it isn't made worse by FIFA having to bail Russia out like they did South Africa
  17. SELECT gender FROM users WHERE gender = 'female'
  18. Surely England is now one of the most cultured countries going, especially compared to Russia. I'm sickened by this, and I heard, allegedly, Sepp Blatter is going to hell.
  19. I don't understand why I would need to buy a new door wedge on credit. I can just nip round the hardware store and get one for a quid.
  20. been off all week and im getting sick now. wish it would all just **** off so i can start living normal again
  21. At about 5pm last night I got fed up of looking at the same 4 walls, so I decided to dig the car out and head down my Mam and Dads. Took about 40 minutes to dig the car out but when we got to the main road things were pretty good. Within 10 minutes of getting to my Mam and Dads the snow came again and within 15-20 minutes the roads were covered again. We attempted to get home and got most the way until the hill at Maiden Law (Sylv3r will know where I mean). Had to turn back and sleep at Mam and Dads, but managed to get home this morning. Just took 5 lads to push my car back into my space outside the house, and it isn't going anywhere soon. If work is on tomorrow I'll be walking in. Thing is, it's my brothers birthday tomorrow and we're all meant to be heading out, but if my car is stuck I don't know what to do....
  22. Just went outside in the hope I can clear the car off to have a ride down to my parents. After the latest snow this morning we're now up to about 3 foot of snow. I could clear the car off, and although the snow is high it is compacted with other cars using the estate. The issue is, getting from my 'on the ground' position up to the height of the compacted snow. I could make a steady ramp up but goodness knows how long that will take. To top it off, I left my shovel outside and it now has more icicles on it than the house. The main roads are pretty clear so if I could make it to them I would be ok. When you look around the estate everyone's guttering is falling off, and I'm just sat here wondering how long it is until mine goes. Oh, and it's started snowing again.
  23. Who suggested that then?
  24. Currently -1 here, and the snow is starting to get on my 'tiny little birds prefixed with "blue"'.
  25. I know what I would do in this situation, but we're not allowed to say it.
×
×
  • Create New...