Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. A quick Google seems to suggest that an i3 should run at around 40c idle, and around 50c with a few programs, so this sounds pretty normal to me.
  2. I use WordPress, and think it's fantastic. So extensible - you can just about add anything to it making it a fully featured CMS, but should just about stretch to blogging as well
  3. Ah hah. But you have one subtle difference to little-miss I imagine........ you're a witch. A witch dressed in purple - can't imagine too many of those around the place gesticulate - had to look that one up hehe
  4. Yeah, but unless they are over 6 foot then it's not gonna pass really is it? I got the nickname from my uncle. My first car was a little red Metro, and he used to joke about how I would need to take the seat out and sit in the back seat to drive it. It stuck.
  5. If you go down that route maybe a handful of different designs could be made (by whoever, not just looking at SYSMAN here) and then each person could download the one most suited to them, and quickly enter their name in a space provided before printing.
  6. So every female I see with a hint of purple I'm gonna be "are you little-miss?", probably followed by a slap or something.
  7. Oh, by the way. I get nervous when talking about computers, networks and other technology related stuff. I'll happily listen to all your solutions should I meet you, but expect me to freeze up and explode if you ask me about something. I will happily talk forever about football, beer, and girls though. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.
  8. Well that's a deal if ever I've heard one. See you all on the Thursday
  9. How about keeping a piece of pizza from Wednesday and I'll come collect it at around 10 on the Thursday morning? Also, what are the coffee arrangements? Do you have decaff on the stand?
  10. Hmmm, what time is breakfast then because there's no way I'll be able to go until 12:30 for dinner.
  11. Aw shucks, I'm not there on Saturday. Shame
  12. So would it be a good idea to have a thread where people can upload a photo of themselves if they want to be recognised at BETT 2011. That way the shy (like me) may be stopped by someone who isn't so shy because they can recognise me. Also, it might be possible to recognise someone away from the EG stand. Is that a good/bad idea?
  13. I wouldn't say it felt intentional - it was plain to see that everyone was busy, and I just didn't want to intrude. Kind of like when I was a kid I would take longer to eat my dinner but by the time I got outside people had already started a game of football. They probably would have let me play had I asked but I didn't ask because I thought I'd missed the boat.
  14. I have a terrible memory, but I think I said hello to Tony who was playing with some remote control robot at the time. I think I also saw a meatloaf look-a-like, and somebody that was drop dead gorgeous, but everyone was just so busy I didn't want to come along and say "Hey, I'm Hightower" to be met with a grunt and look of disapproval. I know you guys aren't actually like that but I'm pretty self consious and paranoid so that's how it went down in my head.
  15. I came by the stand two years ago, but no pizza was there (11 o clock is my dinner (1st dinner), second one at 2). Plus, everybody just blanked me. Was gutted.
  16. Yes. I also expect the officers to unzip his trousers, pull them down, and undo all the clips to remove it. If they have time they should also remove his sock and return it to the owner, but not his shoe as that might be used as a weapon. While they are down there they may as well give him a bit oral relief too. On the other hand, if the leg came away by accident - the police should surely hand it back to the owner so he can beat them over the head with it. What an absurd come back that was localzuk. You really are losing your touch - I mean I used to respect your arguments, now you've just made me spit my tea out in a fit of laughter. I hope you come back all the stronger after your Christmas break.
  17. The phone is a lot quieter, as is the helpdesk, and there's less knocks at the door because a lot of the kids are out on enrichment activities. But, I'm off over Christmas so I am using this quiet time to sort out AV. We've not long moved across to Kaspersky, and although it's a blessing compared to Symantec, we have a few machines that are being a pain. Basically, I'm trying to get all 6 lights green on the overview page, which is not the easiest thing on a network of 300 machines. Once I do, I'm going to screenprint it and then never worry about AV again Also expecting a couple new projectors today that I want to fit before Christmas. Once this is done I will find the school's PS3 and give COD a good 'testing' in 3D. So, it's not manic here, but there's plenty of little jobs to be catching up on. Also plenty of time to reply here though too. A nice relaxed atmosphere, but probably more productive than an average day.
  18. We built a package for ours, which installs the software locally and sorts out all the OCX lark. Fairly straight forward to do, but I think you will have to do it for yourself as I believe licence info is held in the package so I can't just send you our files.
  19. I wasn't putting words in your mouth Witch. You've read that all wrong. What I was saying is that when somebody is being a pain and a threat a wheelchair is an obstacle to the officers, and more so a possible weapon to the threat. Their prime objective is to lower the threat - they can worry about the wheelchair after. If an able bodied person is being a threat, you disable them by getting them to the floor and restraining them. That is exactly the same as removing a wheelchair user from the wheelchair. I've seen cop shows where a persons pants have come down when being arrested, but because he is kicking and screaming the police have to worry about restraining him before they can restore his dignity.
  20. Just because he's in a wheel chair it doesn't mean he can't be a nuisance as much as the next person. That's like saying "the police shouldn't have dragged that man away" when we all know he wasn't gonna walk away on his own.
  21. But it's okay for others to hurt/kill the police, like what happened last week when 9 officers were injured?
  22. It's all a bit unclear from that video. Whether someone is in a wheelchair or not though, if they are a threat then they need restraining/arresting/dealing with just the same as any other person. To act differently is to discriminate.
  23. I have a cack hairdo, I love my android phone, I code in C#, and to top it all off I love Microsoft products. Oh, and I have a big nose and hate Apple with quite a deep burning passion for some reason. Reckon I could land a job there?!
  24. Heh, but we've all heard your bands music so I wouldn't go shouting it mate
  25. Can't wait to see Biffy when they support the Foo's next year. Gonna be awesome!
×
×
  • Create New...