Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. When we went to Cornwall last summer I knew people would keep phoning me up asking where I was at etc, so I set up latitude on my droid and emailed everyone the link. It was pretty geeky too - but it meant I didn't keep getting texts/phone calls
  2. Hightower

    Bit harsh

    So first you say that it would be pretty amazing to judge someone's speed, but then go on to say you can judge someone doing 35mph - you must be pretty amazing then. If they were doing less than 30mph, what's the point in flashing them? They aren't speeding so your efforts have been wasted. If they are doing more than 30mph then they deserve to be caught. Simples.
  3. Hightower

    Bit harsh

    If they are going the correct speed then what is the point in doing it? I'm not saying the police are right or wrong here, nor am I saying the driver was right or wrong in his actions, but if I know a copper is sitting with a gun I won't flash oncoming cars. Personally, I feel that if they are speeding, especially through an accident blackspot area, or an area with a playground nearby etc then they deserve the punishment that comes with it. There was an accident in my village before christmas where the driver was doing 60mph (30 zone) and hit somebody on a zebra crossing which ultimately ended in a fatality. The driver is now on suicide watch in prison apparently, and although it is not a nice position to be in, this driver had it coming to him - it's just a shame that somebody lost their life due to it. Now imagine if you had flashed that driver to alert him about a speed camera a couple of weeks before hand - how would you feel?
  4. Now if only our employers saw this and reflected our pay based on it
  5. I got a similar device to a Kindle the other day. It never ever runs out of battery though, and only cost me a quid! Happy Birthday all
  6. Nah, you'll probably end up getting beat 1-0 off the mighty Sunderland! Sorry for taking this OT Chris, this is just the first post I've seen of yours today, and I was dying to rub it in a little! Sorry
  7. Just before Christmas. I use Play.com usually, but if I'm at the Metro and they have something I like I'll get it from there.
  8. Hope your ass is now okay and firmly reattached
  9. Nah, can't be - the one on the poster has a normal face, whereas Tony has his painted like a tiger
  10. People have made a lot of money in shares, and I personally think it's a safer bet than the likes of horse racing (which in-laws throw £xx's away each and every week)
  11. No, I'm probably not the best person to ask for that sort of advice. What I do is pay a set amount of money into a shares ISA account every month. I took the high risk option, and a manager takes care of where the money goes etc. I've had the account for around 3 or 4 years, and although I took a big big hit at the start of the recession, I was advised to continue paying in and now they are back at about level pegging. I basically look at it like another savings account, but thats as far as my knowledge goes on the matter.
  12. It's okay - found the problem - had to enable alpha-blending on target machine to show the image. Just gotta update the package now and reallocate it out
  13. Okay, replaced the image fine - thanks, but which button do I toggle in UltraVNC Viewer to show the image now?
  14. Thanks, will give it a go!
  15. Hightower

    Bit harsh

    Also, from the highway code: But that didn't stop someone using the left lane with no indicators to go right round before side swiping my brother, only to be told the person who caused the accident wasn't at fault, and it would be 50/50
  16. I love the Fallout series, but have recently got into Borderlands (not sure if it's PS3 only though, so sorry if it is) - I was a level 6 last night, but I invited my level 33 brother into my game, and within half an hour I was a level 12. I believe that's a feature in WoW where others can help you level up, and it is definately one of the better features in Borderlands - just wish Fallout had something along the same lines.
  17. Yeah, annoying isn't it. I hate having to pay to play online. Oh wait, I have a PS3 - I don't have to pay to play online
  18. Silly quesion, but does the warranty transfer?
  19. We have an old building here. A false ceiling exists at about 12 feet high, and the poles roughly bring the projector down to about 9 or 10 feet high, with keystone adjustments. EDIT: We've got a couple of longer poles in the new block but find these are more prone to shaking when kids are chucking (what sounds like) donkeys around upstairs.
  20. Our ceilings are about 12 foot high. I normally just use the first rung to get me up the last couple of inches
  21. I maybe would be, but at £10 cheaper than buying it new I think I'll pass Kinect with Kinect Adventures and Motion Sports - Xbox 360 - GAME.co.uk
  22. I do it myself. If it needs to come down then I do that too. Either on a table top or a ladder if I can't reach from the table top. Have I been ladder trained? No. I believe I am capable of climbing a small step ladder and working from it. Yesterday we had a projector to replace, but also had to replace the mounting bracket on the bottom of the pole. The new one didn't fit so had to drill a bigger hole. Did it all myself. It's jobs like this that I enjoy most, as they don't happen every day so therefore seem more fun.
  23. Hightower

    Bit harsh

    So if I stopped someone from murdering, would that mean I'm the one at fault? Bizarre that I'd be called a criminal instead of a hero.
  24. Next you'll be telling us you have an iPad cool dude
  25. Whether I'm right or wrong, I'm sure Gatt will get through it and come out the other side laughing.
×
×
  • Create New...