-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
British music has been strong for decades. The Six Pistols (changed so it doesn't flag on some people's filters), Led Zeppelin, The Jam, The Subways, some might say The Beatles (not me though), some would also say Oasis.
-
Alright - thanks for the help, but the problem was with our ISP (as usual!). Now have managed to download it and can extract the ISO which to me means it's downloaded ok. Now just to burn to disc.
-
Just while I'm trying something different, can you extract the contents of your ISO?
-
Was hoping to get it today - wonder if it's a problem with our ISP. Will test and feed back in a few.
-
I should surely be able to see the files when I open it though right? If not, its still not booting from the disc, and it's not letting me extract the files from the ISO so something is not right.
-
Struggling to burn XenServer 5.6.1 to disc - it seems to download/burn ok but then nothing on disc. Also won't let me extract the ISO. Anybody got an alternative download link, or an older version download that works?
-
Now, after installing Windows updates on our bare-metal Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 box it's hanging on there, where it was previously working. Can't find anything in the trusty Google so does anyone have any suggestions before I burn Hyper-V for falling at the first hurdle and install Xen instead?!
-
I haven't received anything yet - just phoned the office and still nothing
-
Hyper-V Install - recommendations ..
Hightower replied to soveryapt's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft provide a 'locked down bare-metal hypervisor' -
I'm trying to configure iSCSI on Server 2008 R2 Standard, but it hangs/freezes whenever I try to connect to the SAN. I have another server which is running bare-metal Hyper-V which can connect no problem to the SAN. I thought it might be firewall related so turned it off and tried again, but still nothing. Then I found a post somewhere suggesting to try StarWinds iSCSI Initiator, but this fails with error : Failed to connect to remote server. Server may be refusing network connections. You may need to check firewall settings. I can ping the SAN ok from the server that is having trouble. I have installed all latest M$ updates for server. Any ideas anyone?
-
We go through some kind of linux box that does everything for us, provided by the LEA with no access allowed to us (which is hosted internally - it's some kind of router/firewall etc).
-
Hyper-V Install - recommendations ..
Hightower replied to soveryapt's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
We plan to use Hyper-V here, and I have to admit I like the look of it for a free Hypervisor - it can do failover clustering for free. Would love ESX but it's a lot of money. Plus, with SP1 there is dynamic memory which is one of the main features that was missing so it is getting better and better -
I am in the process of setting up a second network, which is completely separate from our main network. However, it would be nice to have my new network access to the internet for updates etc, but how would I go about doing this so the network doesn't conflict which each other?
-
MD3200 - don't ask for a review though as I've literally just turned it on
-
Alright - managed to get my hands on an old gig switch and that is now working. Guess it'll just be easier to wait for the new gig switch to come as can't keep hold of this one for long.
-
I thought it might be something to do with speed. When connected directly it is Gig but through switch it is 10/100 as waiting on new gig switch for this. Any way to set the speed to 100 on the SAN?
-
IP's: SAN Port 0: 10.33.224.11/21 S1 Port 0: 10.33.224.2/21 S2 Port 0: 10.33.224.21/21 So don't think it's IP Conflict
-
More info: Tried multiple switches/cables. Then I thought about a cross-over cable so I tried a switch which has a port which can be flicked between cross-over or straight through, and this didn't work. So I tried another that could also do this to make sure it wasn't the switch and it still doesn't work.
-
Just got our new SAN. When connecting port 0 directly to port 0 on our server, the iSCSI works between them as expected. However, when I introduce a switch to the link it (so I can hook 2 servers up to talk to it) the link from each server to the switch is fine, but there is no link between the SAN and the switch. Connect it back to one server directly and it's fine. It's a Dell MD3200 - am I missing something obvious here?
-
Can anybody recommend some free software to repair a powerpoint file?
-
24 days to go, and I'm starting to get nervous
Hightower replied to Hightower's topic in General Chat
Spine was a bit hairy at times, more so later in the session. Shoulders were the easiest part of the session, where the clouds are was hairy too. -
Can I post here and still be eligible for a freebie? I am an account holder The worst gift that I have ever given was a holiday to Corfu and an engagement ring. Yep, that's the best present I've given too, but I've only ever done the whole valentine's thing for the OH's engagement as I don't believe in the whole thing so naturally because I have only done it once it is both the best and the worst.
-
I thought Like a Bat Out of Hell would have been in there @Dos_Box
-
24 days to go, and I'm starting to get nervous
Hightower replied to Hightower's topic in General Chat
Alright, alright, settle down folks. Here is the finished product. Actually only took about 4 or 4 and a half hours under the needles (as half hour for sketching it onto my back, half hour for dinner, a half hour break too, and it didn't take as long as expected). The first four hours or so weren't to bad. My adrenaline was running high and I was coping quite well. He did the clouds at the bottom last though, and it finished me. I hit the wall big time, and was about to tell him to leave it when he told me he was finished.
