-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
....I do have to warn you all, absolutely no mercy whatsoever this year!
-
Joined! Chris
-
Personally I've only ever felt violent after taking a thrashing at Fifa. I could play COD/Tekken/GTA for hours in perfect serenity.... Joe
-
[windows software] XP downgrade discs on Win7 machines
Haptic replied to SimpleSi's topic in Licensing Questions
Hot topic this one. As well as Edu we have a mountain of Commercial clients all reluctantly facing a full network upgrade to W7. BUT If anyone is interested in possibly some of the last XP Pro/W7 Dual load laptops in existence Acer TravelMate 5742 Core i3 - 2.4Ghz 3GB DDR3 RAM 320GB HDD Webcam..........£360 Ex VAT Joe -
Tom Hanks was pretty nifty at locating vintage amusements. Maybe he could help? Wolfman
-
Oral B? Someone give him a round of applause...that was mint...was it acci-dental? hate to (aqu)refresh the topic, but the tongue in cheek nature is too much to ig-gnaw (chortle chortle) Joe
-
Whiten up chaps, there's no need to bite if you're not enjoying it... Mark
-
I have a red and white collie called Ted(dy) and had the same hyperactive problems but they do calm down.......eventually! Mine is 2 now and is still nuts but a lot better than he was. He was a lot more work than I thought he would be though if I am completely honest. Good luck with the wedding and the puppy Simcfc73. Chris
-
All great suggestions (Eagles of Death Metal...quality) I'd add: Late of the Pier - Fantasy Black Channel Foreign Beggars - Asylum Speakers AudioSlave - AudioSlave (MUST HAVE!!) Joe
-
Hi Sippo If we've supplied them, we'll collect them. Joe
-
Sinking to new depths.
-
• Core 2 Duo T6670 • 250GB HDD • 2GB RAM • 15.6’’ • DVD-RW • Win 7 Professional • SKU: 8650S33 • VPN: LX.V0B03.003..........£310 EX VAT Or alternatively we have the stock of some of the last XP Pro notebooks in the channel Win 7 / XPP dual load Pro Notebook TravelMate 5742 Core i3 370 3G RAM 320 GB HDD Camera.............£359.00 Joe
-
Hi Dan, Reading- you'd be fine with, I downloaded a couple of e-books on it and it was fine with some tweaking of brightness etc. compared to some touch screens I’ve seen outdoor viewing was quite good as well. On upgrading the Android firmware, as you can imagine the official manufacturer line is that any changes to firmware invalidate warranty, equally (insert disclaimer here!) off the record I have been told that they can be rooted. Main issue is processor limitations and compatibility, would I be right in thinking you're considering some Honeycomb goodness on there?
-
Well we've had both the Hannspad and the miScroll in for testing over the last couple of months. Both reasonable devices for the price, the Android 2.3 is a slight handicap due to lack of proxy support but I was quite impressed on the whole. The mIscroll, for under £100 is a good buy- performs comparably with the tablets you'd be paying £300 for last year. Over all for student usage of Apps and browsing, both do the job, plus at this cost unlike the iPads, if they do start getting thrown about it won’t decimate your budget. Personal thoughts are with teachers pushing for iPads and other fancy tablets, give them one of these and get them to show SMT how it's going to improve teaching and learning (rather than just keeping up with the Jones'...!) .
-
I'd like to know what lucky company is supplying 1400 iPads at £576 a pop. Stock issues aside, some company is about to make the Times’ Rich List Joe
-
Do you sell cartridges - is this a cartridge shop!
Haptic replied to SimpleSi's topic in General Chat
A good response...however as Si has discovered...a simple solution leads to simple suppliers. Others place good service and product knowledge above cut-throat pricing (message) Joe -
Some interesting reading for those looking at high user density deployment, independent testing of school-esque levels of hardware: Toms Hardware Wifi Review We have demo kits available so drop us a line if you would like to see this for yourself
-
hmm sounds like an "out of cheese error" to me... Mark
-
I thought it was once someone else responded you couldn't alter it - I have had to edit a few times normally concerning my spellin and gramma! Chris
-
Your Twitter Username
Haptic replied to hardtailstar's topic in Tweeting Geeks's Tweeting Geeks Topics
@CPLTD - Joe MarkCPLtd - err Mark -
Hi Catherine, There is indeed something that does this, a couple of our engineers use them when doing wireless surveys: Connect a Desk Includes the laptop harness & desk, everything you need to use your laptop computer while standing. - Works with any size laptop, notebook, or tablet computer. - Adjustable to fit any size person. - Quick and easy to put on and take off. - Ergonomically designed for comfort. - It's truly mobile and portable, no need for a laptop cart or stand. - Fits into most computer bags. - Detachable Non-Slip Desk Surface - Adjustable safety strap to protect your laptop. If you're interested in pricing drop me a PM with your school details and i'll send over a quote. Thanks, Mark [email protected]
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Another vote for the Keysonic, I've had mine for nearly 2 years...heavy word processing would be an issue...general browsing/mailing etc is fine. Amazon's the cheapest I've seen it. Joe
-
We recently jumped on board C_P_LTD MarkCPLTD Just have to convince the others here to sign up!
-
I snagged the first one free (By way of Sony apology) looking forward to sinking my teeth into it. PSStore allowed me to download 2 free games (infamous+dead nation) I also managed to download another 2 titles (Wipeout+LittleBig Planet) on the same console (different user) Sweet. Joe
-
Big vote for the aforementioned MGS, WipeOut etc The best game I've played for quite some time is Vanquish...coming from an Xbox you'll undoubtedly be looking for something to top 'Gears'..Sega have cracked it 10/10 IMO Oh and God of War 1/2/3 - epic Joe
