-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
Calling all Edugeekers! Has anyone else on here got anything to add at all from personal experience? Chris
-
The Asus is okay actually I have tried and tested it. So would that be your recommendation MK-2? Does the ipad2 still pip everything else available and if so is it more to do with the apps available or is it the actual pad itself? Chris
-
I would recommend Ruckus Wireless for several reasons- primarily the coverage per AP and the ability to handle very high client densities per AP would allow for a lot less than 8 AP's. Secondly the centralised management, coupled with its self healing setup, would simplify management considerably as well as allowing features such as restricted guest access etc. Thanks, Mark
-
I was after a bit of feedback really on the HP Touchpad. I am looking into the possibility of purchasing one and I am well aware of the other choices on the market such as the iPad2 or the Blackberry Playbook etc, etc (having tested most of them through work) Do any Edugeekers have one and if so how are they getting on with it. Can anyone shine a bit of light on this for me and highlight any plus/negative points and any limitations if any? My temptation started when I was reading about the new HP Smartphone which will work with the Touchpad the same (if not better apparently) than the iPhone and iPad interface. Mmmmmmmm! Chris
-
All the best in your new position Nick. Im sure you'll receive the progression and praise you deserve. Pleasure as always Team CP
-
the best advert I've witnessed at the cinema (avatar,inception) is a trailer for the film you've just spent nigh on £10 to watch...before you watch it. I want a job at the BBFC, watching flicks, passing censorship judgements...and gnawing on popcorn. Farewell IT! Mary Wolfhouse
-
I'd love to see the end of DVD ads...I struggle with the concept of having endless anti-piracy messages/adverts that can't be skipped. Last time I was at the cinema (Inception) I was greeted with Jaime Winston (exactly..who?) on screen warning about piracy. Correct me for being reactionary here but surely the people that need instructing/lecturing/warning about piracy aren't the people buying legitimate DVD/Cinema tickets! If I'm being really reactionary I'd even claim that such measures tip my favour the other way...after all you don't have to wade through this muck with copied material. Not endorsing Knock-off Nigelism, but food for thought for those at BBFC...like they're actually reading this! The fully legitimate and always genuine media purchasing Wolfman
-
Hi Bluehobbit, What type of wireless network are you running currently and what sort of authentication are you using? Thanks, Mark
-
Hello Jordan, I have PM'd you. Chris
-
Hello all. I have a local business with 70 x 15” standard Dell TFT’s all in working order - used. I'm only willing to field this opportunity to Education. PM for pricing and further information. Joe
-
As history tells us parties such as the BNP only become a prominent force when people are fed up with their governament and look for extreme action due to fear - it never happens when governement's deal with the situation as the public then have no-one to fear.....come on Cameron sort it out! Chris
-
I tried listening to the Musical Youth if that counts? All I got was the 'munchies' and carpal tunnel in my left hand Wolfman
-
At no point am I saying let's shoot to kill a 14 year old regardless of what they may have done........... All I would say is, if they had the army standing in front of them, with army vehicles surrounding them or the MET with a shield in hand, with squad cars surrounding them (which is obviously having no impact so far) - which one do you think these idiots take more notice of?? The army seem to be fine at filling in for the fire service when they are on strike and how much fire training do you think they actually have! ........I suspect they may well be filling in for teachers next time they decide to strike ha ha! I will give it a few days before a curfew is firmly in place. Watch this space........ Chris
-
Well said MK-2. I am not saying lets round them up and shoot them, in fact far from it. However, in a case of serious civil unrest and where the fire brigade are being stopped from putting a blaze out which is endangering British Citizens surely the lads we pay to be abroad and implement democracy would be bettter off protecting and upholding it here. In regards to Northern Ireland blacksheep, I was under the impression the army were sent in after the police couldn't carry out their job in containing the situation that had gotten well out of hand. Does it not look pretty similar to you?? All I have seen so far are the emergency services being over stretched and being chased away from serious situations. Chris
-
BBC News - Injured boy mugged during disturbances in London Absolutely ridiculous. How long before the army arrive - shame we aren't in Northern Ireland, they would be there by now. Chris
-
Simple equation: fewer police + rubber bullets = job done Joe
-
Can't agree more, I would've added this to the list of reccomendations but I'm always cautious of being mistaken for some kind of survivalist. Granted, 3 months of tinned food chainmail trousers and a cricket bat aren't helping the image. W
-
A friend of mine (English) had bought this tome in German whilst studying over in Weisbaden. He said the 'Weegie' dialect was nigh on impossible to translate out of German. Hat's off though, great book...the sequel was ace too. Wolfman
-
I finished reading World War Z - Max Brooks earlier this week. Absolute barnstormer - riveting from beginning to end, an unflinching depiction of the Globe brought to its knees. I can't wait for Plan B entertainment to release the film -currently shooting (pun!) in the UK Wolfman
-
Help me buy a car! £3700 for a large diesel hatch/estate
Haptic replied to ben604's topic in General Chat
Ha I know I am still looking! Chris -
Help me buy a car! £3700 for a large diesel hatch/estate
Haptic replied to ben604's topic in General Chat
What I would also say, is look at how they hold their value..... You get more Ford for your money because they do not hold their value as well in the second hand market whereas both the Audi and especially the VW's do. I have just been looking at the diesel VW Golfs TDI's and even on high mileage ie 140 000 they are still £3k - £4k. I suppose the question you need to ask yourself Ben is are you wanting to sell it later on for any real money. If not then the Mondeo is a great option, if so then the Audi or VW with over 120 000 on the clock would still sell for at least £2k. Hope it helps. Chris -
Help me buy a car! £3700 for a large diesel hatch/estate
Haptic replied to ben604's topic in General Chat
Compared to a Mondeo........really??? -
Help me buy a car! £3700 for a large diesel hatch/estate
Haptic replied to ben604's topic in General Chat
High Mileage German Machine - No brainer for me, especially when you are talking about a diesel engine. Even if they are not quite as sound spec-wise as the Mondeo lets face it Fords are so boring! Chris -
I want to see Sooty banged up with 'Johnnie Marbles' for 6 weeks. Ohoo it's tragic! Wolfman
-
+1 for hard drive Had a call from my neighbour the other day saying he was putting a CD in his hard drive and nothing was happening. Crikey Joe
