Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Haptic

Members
  • Posts

    4,417
  • Joined

Everything posted by Haptic

  1. ha ha you forget I've actually attended one previously!!
  2. Give us a shout, we offer some pretty mean cable pricing Joe
  3. I had the Google One, battery life was absolute pony. I now use the 4s...before you pelt me with digital offal, I tried just about every alternative. Nothing came close IMHO Wolf
  4. Primary difference is that the 7363 is 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz concurrent broadcast, whereas the 7321 is selectable dual band i.e. you select either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. This obviously removes the benefits from band steering which the 7363 offers i.e. offloading 5Ghz capable clients onto 5Ghz radio to free up bandwidth and space for 2.4Ghz only clients. In terms of cost they are cheaper than the 7363 but are slightly less powerful: 7321 RF POWER OUTPUT •Max transmit power 23 dBm 2.4GHz; 21 dBm for 5GHz V 7363 RF POWER OUTPUT •Max transmit power 26 dBm for 2.4GHz; 24 dBm for 5GHz Finally the 7321 only has a single 10/100/1000 port rather than 1 x 10/100/1000 and 2 x 10/100 ports on the 7363. Personally I see a potential application for 7321's in deployment within mobile classrooms for example where usage is likely to be comparatively limited but coverage would be useful. If you'd like to see the full breakdown drop over an email and I'll send through the full spec sheets. Thanks, Mark [email protected]
  5. Haptic

    Day Z

    Hot damn this looks like everything I've ever wanted in one game. Zombie simulator? Fear ye not Max Brooks, your training will serve me well. Joe
  6. That's not at all like you Mac Sorry dear fellow, Edu only on these.
  7. A very good morning to you all. As part of our impending move to a new office we have made a pledge to donate (see: jettison) some of the stock/goodies etc we've accumulated over the past 6 years. First up is a brand new (box opened but bag+toner intact+unused) Genuine HP Laserjet Toner C4127X - For the 4000 range. The printers themselves are possibly relics as these toners have been going around for the proverbial Donkey's. Drop me a PM if you're interested, I'm sure there's more to follow. No USB sticks though, they're ours so keep your mitts off! Joe.
  8. I have PM'd. Chris
  9. I'd have to agree with Stuart, for example in terms of additional features the 9.3 firmware release, take a look at the attached release notes:Whats New in ZoneFlex Software Release 9.3.pdf. The 9.4 firmware release will include such features as Client Fingerprinting, Dynamic per user Rate limiting, Wireless intrusion protection, to name but a few, for the full details see the below video; http://www.ruckuswireless.com/asset/watch/404 As Stuart points out there is constant developments on the firmware, personally I've found Ruckus to be far more accepting and proactive on taking customer requests for features and implementing them than any other vendor; very much of the Kaizen philosophy. Mark WiSE Guy
  10. All I would say is that if it is the original Mk1 one watch the heat from it - I heard bad reviews. However, if it is only a year old then they are actually very nice machines and sounds like a good price to me! Chris
  11. Like most other PC build companies in the market - it gets the costs right down and is why they can charge so little. There are a few who use more expensive components and this is reflected in their pricing. To me it is pretty easy - if you go for a larger vendor then there is possibly no real need to take a basic warranty as the components should be the latest and if you have concerns with builds, take a warranty with them. Most build companies offer a 5 year warranty for this reason and a 5 year warranty on any PC cannot be a bad thing as most seem to last for at least 3 years without problems in my experience. Chris
  12. Agreed +1 for iiyama - very nice monitors. Chris
  13. Ha ha not at all.....I just wanted to raise the point that if you look through the forum you will find good and bad reviews.......Personally I have had no bad dealings with Zoostorm or their warranty and neither have any of my customers including the edugeekers. In a world where budgets are getting tighter by the year and IT departments are trying to stretch them as far as they can, Zoostorm are no bad thing for education. Hope it helps @TechSupp Chris
  14. Buy through a reseller and let them do the work for you - they should provide you with some service if you bought through them and they will have a business account with Zoostorm. Chris
  15. I disagree, I have many happy customers who have had Zoostorm PC's. Don't get me wrong I also have many happy customers who have had the Broadleaf Very PC's also. From time to time there will be problems with most equipment, but it is how thy are solved. @Millgate we have all heard of issues, but have you yourself or any of your own customers experienced this - probably not in which case you how can you comment "you would go for something else" @sted it sounds like you had a one off bad experience which I think if we are honest we have all had at some point with a company we deal with. If you search this forum hard enough you will more than likely find one bad and one good review for every vendor.......... Chris
  16. Haptic

    ICT Suite PCs

    I have PM'd. Chris
  17. What sort of throughput and streaming are we talking here @SimpleSi? How many clients did you successfully get on each AP and other than getting on the internet and printing, did they have to download anything or stream? I am very interested to know how these stand up in a classroom - we have tested in the office but doesn't really help in a "real world" situation. Saw your post and thought great, someone is testing them but I am still not sure. It sounds like how I test my internet at home - it works and I am happy! Chris
  18. This is widowed a doubt the worst thread I've ever witnessed. Maybe you should funnel your energy in another direction
  19. I'm a big fan of a proper 'Stogie' I'm looking to hire a pro-cigar roller for my impending Wedding reception. Don Julian all the way, however pulling out a metal cylinder from one's pocket has certainly evoked raised eyebrows from non-smokers and smutty minded alike. 'Jose Havana'
  20. Ruckus have today announced the release of a new budget friendly AP, the 7321: Best-in-class mid-range performance and cost effective Selectable band (5GHz/2.4GHz) support 2.4GHz, 110Mbps of theoretical maximum speed 5GHz, 230Mbps of theoretical maximum speed Transmit beamforming Advanced channel management Transmit beamforming and ChannelFly Results in 2 to 4 times extended range and coverage Up to 50 percent capacity increase with ChannelFly Up to 4 dB signal gain with transmit beamforming Concurrent support for video, VoIP and data Four queues per client station Delivers 20 concurrent voice calls, 256 simultaneous users Automatic prioritization of VoIP and video traffic Smart meshing increases flexibility, reduces costs Smart Mesh Networking Admission control/load balancing 8 BSSIDs with unique QoS and security policies WEP, WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support Zero-IT and Dynamic PSK Captive portal and guest accounts RADIUS and Active Directory support Contact your CP account manager or [email protected] for more information and pricing zoneflex-7321.pdf
  21. Alec??? You should've just said, although you did nick off with my box of snouts when Han plugged Greedo in Mos Eisley....you actually owe me! Damn smoking ban.
  22. Sorry, with the current stance on knife crime I'm afraid I can't supply without ID. Last thing we want is any Lego men stumbling out of the juicer and onto the sharp side of your polypropylene punishment Der Wolfen
  23. Number 10 is Russell Crowe. Damn he's been around ages. Wolfman
  24. This is a corker of a topic. I havent been to the cinema in nearly 2 years, last time I did I not only sat through a trail of the film I was actually about to watch.....I had to endure Jaime (who??) Winstone banging on about how piracy keeps the Taliban in box-fresh Adidas and that everytime I rip a CD an OAP breaks a hip. Thought it was comical after splashing nearly a tenner on an otherwise guff film. +1 for Pirates (The 'Pop-Up' variety, of course I don't condone illegal downloads at all, I merely have an excess of small plastic cutlasses) Wolfman
×
×
  • Create New...