-
Posts
2,502 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jamesb
-
Thanks Gonk. I appreciate it. And sahmeepee, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for but I was hoping for an application rather than a website. Thanks anyway though.
-
A few years ago I had a great piece of software to keep track of a cocktail collection. It tracked equipment, liquor, liquers, mixers, garnishes, the lot. Unfortunately I lost it at some point and I've been having trouble finding any similar replacement. Anyone knowing of this software, or anything similar, would receive my eternal gratitude. You can also have a free cocktail if you happen to be anywhere near Bedford, once my collection is replenished.
-
Easy, just get a toothpick and put it in the spring release hole. If it doesn't have take out the DVD drive and find the release point. Of course, since it likely doesn't have either of those, turn it into a doorstop.
-
Just gave me some respect for the Public Accounts Committee, to look on the bright side.
-
I'm quite happy to help out in any way I can. If you've got more details of your current environment, your budget, and requirements for the new network which you could PM to me then I can probably knock a basic outline together for you over a couple of days.
-
The fact that you're even thinking about offering a partial refund puts you well above any private sellers I've ever dealt with. £240 is very cheap for a car, and anyone buying a car for that little should probably expect to have to put it in for some repairs.
-
I'd imagine that trying different passwords would be considered attempting to gain illegal access. Similar to trying to pick a lock. Regardless of whether you manage or not, the act of attempting to pick the lock is a crime (I think). Of course, knowledge of how to do it is in itself not illegal, so you could happily practise it on your own access point.
-
Borrowing someone's bike, or stealing one?
-
Google Latitude?
-
For work like that, I generally trade in favours owed rather than money. The barter system is much underrated, and obligations are just another form of goods. I used to charge for doing favours, because I needed the money more than anything else. Now I'm a little better paid and so long as people don't ask too often, I don't mind.
-
You could extend the web application, that'll let you use two different sets of authentication. One for internal, one for external.
-
Try copying the connect.ini over from a working machine. It'll probably be the one in C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS.net that's incorrect.
-
Check whether there's anything shorting the USB ports on the motherboard.
-
Unless they can pin him for criminal negligence.
-
No one 'needs' £700 000 a year. As to blaming Gordon, yes, partly, but its been a series of successive government failures that've caused this. Not just the latest one.
-
Its probably also that they don't want to risk the chance that cars won't start because one sensor's malfunctioned.
-
The "public" rarely know what's best for them.
-
customizing announcements summary view - sharepoint
jamesb replied to HMCTech's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Got it. Instead of trying to modify the default view, go to the list in view all site content and choose to create a new view. Set it up as you want, make sure its public, and set it as the default list view. Then change the web part to use that as the view. -
customizing announcements summary view - sharepoint
jamesb replied to HMCTech's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
That doesn't sound right. What permissions do you have in SharePoint? -
You don't look like a newt.
-
What can you hear? I can't hear it. That could be the lack of speakers.
-
If we can get together say, twenty people quietly arrange to dispose of him, reckon we could split the pension evenly between us? Still a decent wage after all, even with a twenty-way split.
-
If you've got access to SupportNet, or know someone who does, try looking up resource number 14669. Seems to be geared to what you're trying to do.
-
Thirty or forty? You've not been looking at recent life expectancy figures. He's only fifty! The way things are going I'll be expecting to be working until about 70 or 80 before I get a pension, at least.
