-
Posts
2,502 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jamesb
-
Stiff upper lip and all that, what what. You know the response to this supposed economic crisis should be just a cup of sweet tea. Tally ho!
-
I got a tiny one from Tescos, looked more like a portable DVD player than a normal one, little bigger than the DVD. That was about £15 and works perfectly.
-
...I take it then that you've completely ignored the fact he has actually done one, and has also mentioned that he started it before either of the two threads began? Once upon a time English patriotism was enough that we knew we were the best and didn't require a day to celebrate it. Apparently we're now getting into the insecure stage of actually needing to demonstrate it with national days, and complaining when a website doesn't put a banner up. Thanks SYSMAN for your work on the banner, it looks fantastic.
-
Do you use the same backup method for those? At a guess I'd say that the backup's locking the database, so the service promptly dies in a slow, painful way. It then tries to restart, gets access denied as the database is still locked. Another thought, is the database set to single-user mode?
-
Does the backup include the SQL database?
-
If they can't lock the computer manually, then I'd be surprised if the screen saver setting could force it.
-
Shouldn't be. By default all users in any AD are members of the Domain Users group.
-
Might be worth running a RSoP on the users in question, it'll highlight any conflicts. Also, is loopback processing enabled on any of the computers you're testing this on?
-
Check the account the SQL service is running under - it looks like a permission is being denied or the account is being prevented from running the service in some other way. Does this happen at specific times of day? Any scheduled tasks which run at that time such as backups?
-
Can you check the SQL server error logs for that instance and see if there's a little more detail in there?
-
Personally I'm going to be celebrating Shakespeare's birthday instead. I plan to do this by having a hearty dinner of meat, cheese and bread, then going to the pub for some traditional stout ale.
-
It was more an idea, but people have gone a part of the way to the same idea. Gizmodo - Mini-Fridge Case Mod - Mods
-
Aquarium. Barbeque. Mini-fridge.
-
Personally I much prefer Microsoft's Spaces for simple blogging, and as a site in general over facebook. Worth a look.
-
I predict it won't be long before the 'check out the party pics' links are drawn from the user's hacked facebook account for a little more authenticity.
-
If you want to be really safe, you could always install it into one of your VPCs.
-
Although I know that you can't run Virtual PC and Virtual Server on the same host, and similarly can't run VM Workstation and VM Server on the same host, I don't know of anyone who's tried to have both on the same machine. I can't think of any reason you couldn't do it, and can't find anything online about incompatibility issues, but I can't think why you'd want to. Is there a specific reason you'd like to do this?
-
Batch code, yep. Change targetip for whichever IP address you're wanting to check, and put the code you want to execute if it fails under the label. In fact, thinking about it, this might be better - ping -n 1 -l 1 targetip if %errorlevel%==0 goto END Do stuff here And more stuff :END
-
ping -n 1 -l 1 targetip if %errorlevel%==0 echo Host is up! if %errorlevel%==1 goto DOWN :DOWN Do stuff here And more stuff Should work.
-
So, just to get this clear... Assuming the actual time is 12:00 So the actual server hardware clock shows 12:00 The actual client clock shows 12:00 GMT results in it showing 11:00 GMT+1 results in it showing 13:00 GMT-1 results in it showing 10:00 GMT +2 results in it showing 10:00 BST results in it showing 11:00? At this point I recommend the pub. When you're back, the only other stuff I could find was this - Nabble - thinstation-general - Local Time problem There were mentions here and there of timezone problems between ThinClient and Citrix, but all of the pages I tried to check were missing. What's the timezone actually set to on the clients?
-
Can you do GMT+2, and if so does it have the correct time, or is it showing as an hour fast?
-
I was just wondering, since its an hour out, whether the daylight savings setting was applied somewhere (say on client sessions) and disabled on the server, or vice versa. Not sure if it can actually be done, but it was a thought on somewhere to look. This might be useful - CTX303498 - Troubleshooting Client Time Zone Issues - Citrix Knowledge Center
-
Its thread like these which make me happy with my driving skills. Now if only I can stop BMWs rear-ending me...
