Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jamesb

Members
  • Posts

    2,502
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jamesb

  1. jamesb

    Dr Pepper

    Yep. Definitely.
  2. jamesb

    Dr Pepper

    It really doesn't. Burns too.
  3. Merging the domains would be a simpler, easier option however a trust should work. You'll need at least a one-way trust from your curriculum network to your admin network. That'll then let you authenticate users from the admin for access to resources on your curriculum network. You will need to speak to the LEA though and get them to set up the other end of the trust. This is assuming that the VLE is on your curriculum network, and authenticates against AD.
  4. Go for the Nokia. I need more people to beat at Reset Generation on my N-Gage.
  5. Scripting Local Users using VBScript That might be useful as a starting point. And the Scripting Guys have quite a lot of stuff on setting user account flags - Welcome to the Script Center Also very useful is the ADSI Scriptomatic -ADSI (Active Directory Service Interfaces) Scriptomatic
  6. "The breathalyser phone addon was great, except that the text was really, really small."
  7. Oh dear. You'll never get it off her.
  8. Would WScript.Echo be a better choice than net send? That way net send can be disabled.
  9. What're the domain levels of the two domains? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816837.aspx - you can create a trust between a 2008 and a 2003 domain.
  10. The new X-ray vision app for the iPhone proved addictive.
  11. At least this way they're not developing a severe case of dependency and attention-seeking behaviour in an actual child who will grow up, only to suffer a severe trauma when they have to finally develop some sort of independence.
  12. As FN says, it is fairly easy but it does have to be trust of the whole domain. Or rather you have to set up a domain trust, then you can choose which assets from the foreign domain are trusted to access which resources, almost in the same way as you would with your own users.
  13. I'm slightly confused, are we talking about trusts between domains in different forests here, or is there some sort of trust you can set up between individual servers?
  14. Which is essentially what I do. That's why spoiled ballots are counted here. But I suspect such a box would make no difference to the majority of non-voters. Its not lack of confidence in the system, or lack of confidence in a political party, its just plain not caring who gets in because they're ignorant of the options. There are voters like this as well - they always vote for the same party, not because they agree with them, but because otherwise they might have to pause and think. I do like the idea of proportional representation.
  15. I don't think I could bring myself to.
  16. All of them?
  17. Pah, Liberals. I may have to vote Conservative in the EU election now now just to balance the scales.
  18. No mention is made of modification, which you'd be doing, so I very much doubt it'd be legal.
  19. So your suggestion instead would be that I simply sit at home and don't vote at all? That seems even worse to me. It may be inneffective to spoil a ballot paper, but at least it shows something other than apathy, even if only to yourself. There are no parties I agree with, not only enough to vote for, but even enough to believe that they would be a better option. I do a little to try and get my voice heard, and when I can I will be doing more. I actually read about various party policies as well, and look through manifestos. My political views don't come from a newspaper (I don't read them) or from television (I don't have one), they're as well-informed as I'm capable of making them with the resources within my reach. This time I will actually be voting independent, but only because I believe that my local independent candidate is actually a good choice. Not to make a protest against another party. I disagree that voting should be compulsory. People should not be forced to take an interest and, frankly, forcing them to vote wouldn't cause them to take an interest. Those of us who care enough to vote are much better off if those who don't care enough, don't vote. Edit: Incidentally in the UK spoiled ballot papers are in fact still counted.
  20. My results - Conservatives 60% Liberal Democrats 60% UKIP 58% Labour 56% Green Party 54% BNP 46% So not really that useful, and its also about party ethics for me rather than just policy.
  21. 1 - You can get Microsoft Office for Mac, I think it uses Entourage rather than Outlook though 2 - GNUcash is the one I tend to use, and it is available for the Mac, not quite as good though 3 - Preferably, though you might hear otherwise. The product range is fairly small though.
  22. No, no its not. Student nurses are scary, scary people. But you'll find that out soon enough.
  23. I do express an opinion, by filling out a ballot paper. That opinion may be that I don't believe any of the candidates are suitable, but its still a valid opinion and I have at least gone to the effort to have it noted, in some tiny way. Not voting at all is an entirely different thing.
  24. Personally I tend to go in and just write 'no confidence' on a ballot paper. Sure, its a wasted vote in a way but there's usually no one I'd choose to vote for and I refuse to just sit at home and moan about the system. At least this way I've gone to some effort. This time though I'll be voting for a local independent candidate. However, once my finances are sorted out I'll be running myself.
  25. Would that mean that we could stop subsidising?
×
×
  • Create New...