bknaggs
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bknaggs
-
Apple Configurator and iPadOS 13.1.2 Updating Problems
bknaggs replied to bknaggs's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Updating to MacOS 10.15 seems to have sorted this for me. -
Has anybody tried updating an iPad to iPadOS 13.1.2 and successfully done it? If I try either an update or a restore I get the following error message OS cannot be restored on "iPad" The operation couldn't be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 10 - Failed to handle message type StatusMsg) [AMRestoreErrorDomain - 0XA (10)] Restoring through iTunes on the same Mac works fine. MacOS version is 10.14.6 Configurator version is 2.11 iTunes version is 12.9.5.5 I know my next step is to update to MacOS 10.15 but just wondered if anyone had this setup working without doing that update.
-
Automatically assign proplus licences to new users
bknaggs replied to Cazale's topic in Cloud Services
It can be done through the Azure portal. I can’t remember where/how right now but I’ll have a look in the morning for you. -
[1903, au] Deploying printers per room not possible?
bknaggs replied to nicholab's topic in Windows 10
I use a script to install printers based on the PC group membership. -
Is anyone using the Oliver v5 library system alongside mifare card readers. If you are which card reader/software/driver combination are you using? We've got a couple of ACR122 readers but I can't work out how to get the decimal version of the card uid to paste into a browser window. The hex version I can get using the free GoToTag Windows App but I'm drawing a blank when it comes to the decimal version.
-
[sims] Summer 2019 - Can't deploy Full Release
bknaggs replied to FragglePete's topic in MIS Systems
Same here. I did the database first and then the full release which worked fine. -
Have you any old CSx licenses you could use to just deploy Fireworks?
-
http://wisesoft.co.uk/software/bulkadusers/default.aspx is something I’ve used for this purpose.
-
Here Chrome is fine and Firefox is giving the error. I'm wondering if I've disabled something in Chrome to block these messages appearing.
-
I'm not seeing it in Chrome but I am seeing it in Firefox.
-
PDQ Deploy is available as a free version and can deploy msi packages. I used it to deploy CC successfully.
-
Language Gym .com - TLS issues on IE and Edge
bknaggs replied to timbo343's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
They only appear to support TLS 1.3 according to the results here https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.language-gym.com -
[ipad] Recommend iPad Charging Cables - bulk?
bknaggs replied to Bev's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Amazon Basics ones work well. I've used them at home for years and we bought a load here that have held up well. They currently have a 12 pack of 3ft cables for £45.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DC9SFDZ/ref=twister_B07HCR36GW?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 -
You'd hope so but it's not how Microsoft have done it. If you look at the XML there's no position information for each group of tiles relative to each other.
-
I found when I was testing Windows 10 Start menu XML that you couldn't control the width of what was presented. I think it is classed as a user preference that isn't controllable through group policy.
-
Windows 10 start menus / desktop icons .. best practice ?
bknaggs replied to MrWu's topic in Windows 10
I'm still sticking with Classic Shell here on version 1803. -
Automate 10 Minute Email Sending Delay?
bknaggs replied to Durham_Black_Cat's topic in Office Software
One option I thought of was when this came up for me was to give people the ability to approve their own messages in a transport rule. I didn’t need to implement it so I don’t know how well it would work in practice.- 25 replies
-
We got told to go to 4.7.2 which has worked. This is on Server 2012. We got told this at about 4.30 after being told earlier we needed 4.6.1.
-
Can't help but think that email would have been useful yesterday.
-
Ours currently isn't. Just waiting to do a server reboot after installing .net 4.6.1 after being told this morning that it was needed.
-
Try installing the exe manually and then checking C:\Windows\Installer you might find the MSIs you're looking for. I got MSIs for Smart Ink and drivers this way when installing (I think) the 12.9 drivers.
-
[ipad] Make App MDM Managed if User Installed
bknaggs replied to howartp's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Does Airwatch have any form of activity log or an error log? The most common cause of stuff not happening when I ask Lightspeed to do it is the device is locked and until the passcode is entered Lightspeed can't send the commands to the device. Might the devices be locked? Are they definitely online? -
[ipad] Make App MDM Managed if User Installed
bknaggs replied to howartp's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
In Lightspeed I think the way of making an app managed is to deploy the app to the device(s) and tick an option saying Force Management. Once managed it could then be removed.
