Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sigma

Members
  • Posts

    1,681
  • Joined

Everything posted by sigma

  1. You can also seek guidance from the ICO.
  2. Its always Geoff... At least, that's the context I was referring to.
  3. Not my problem, it's for teachers to do. 😄 I believe they use Parentmail or whatever. I know that's not exactly a useful reply. I think it helps focus the mind on what sites are appropriate for the age group. We don't have a sixth form but still have teachers wanting pupils to sign up to sites where the minimum age is 18 "because edu".
  4. We block sites until parental consent has been obtained where necessary.
  5. Teachers can use AI to save time on marking, new guidance says https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1kvyj7dkp0o
  6. I don’t think that’s controversial and is a real danger.
  7. https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/builderai-collapses-15bn-ai-startup-exposed-actually-indians-pretending-bots-1734784
  8. With Netsweeper, you can modify a Google search query to add/edit any parameters you want at the fillter group Ievel. I presume the same is true for other filters.
  9. I had hassle with OS maps for eDofE in Chrome a couple of years ago using Netsweeper filtering, and ended up allowing the referrer header osmaps.com with the intention of mopping up the specific domains later - which of course I never did....
  10. Unforgettable in the 1985 TV series "Edge of Darkness" with it's haunting theme played by Eric Clapton. I know it's older than many of you, but still required viewing. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2025/may/15/joe-don-baker-walking-tall-and-bond-film-actor-dies-aged-89
  11. I had a new SLK when I first started working in a school for 5 hours a week.
  12. Yes but..... just about everybody needs some maths and some basic IT and critical thinking skills. I think that for pupils that find maths difficult, it needs to be framed into different subjects - where their interests and aspirations are so that it becomes relevant rather than abstract.
  13. Do you not think that a single school that offers diferent routes would be better? There needs to be some kind of fluidity and crossover between the different streams to best serve the needs of those such as late developers and pupils whose aspirations change. (I went to a grammar school).
  14. Worth noting that the number of Under 16 year old girls getting pregnant has more than halved since 1970. In the 1970's one of my sister's friends was stabbed by a stranger on the way home from primary school. She survived as the knife tip just missed her lungs.
  15. Exactly what is broken? Any error messages or codes?
  16. I should have taken the same line when I was told, a goodly number of years ago that there was to be no soap in the students loo hand basins because they made to much of a mess with it. I presume there is now and has been for some time.
  17. https://arstechnica.com/security/2025/04/windows-rdp-lets-you-log-in-using-revoked-passwords-microsoft-is-ok-with-that/
  18. Sorry, I think I was gifted a free link when I read it, but basically, children were able to have "very inappropriate" conversations with Meta's AI chatbots and Meta wasn't planning to make any changes. I'm not meaning this is in a "political" sense, but I find it odd in the USA that this seems to be acceptable, but that book on "certain themes" are banned in schools and that in some states, education is going to be undepinned by the Bible.
  19. Our GivEnergyAIO seamlessly takes over in the event of power cuts. Not a blip.
  20. Smallish rural High gets nothing, ever.
  21. When the exchanges were upgraded, nobody wanted to pay for generators, so they only have batteries now.
×
×
  • Create New...