Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DavidLong

Members
  • Posts

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DavidLong

  1. Hi, I have them all allocated to the classes for next year through curriculum assignment. Just more want to check that it will show this years year 7's at year 8 next week or do I need to tell it to start using the new academic year. (I have all my promotion mappings done)
  2. Hi, I have been going through and doing all the mappings ready for 1st September. I think I have them all done and my new applicants in set as accepted in a pre admission group. Do I need to do anything to tell sims to make the mappings go live or will it do this automatically on 1st September? Cheers
  3. My old school in Newcastle upon Tyne is currently recruiting for a New IT manager. The school has recently replaced all their servers, SAN, Firewall etc. and has a year and a half old Airohive wireless network across the whole site. They are paying APT+C Grade 10 (£33,128 - £36,676) details available from this link: George Stephenson High School - Vacancies
  4. Hi, I don't know of a way of doing what you are wanting. As a work around I have recently been designing my templates in a different way. When normally I would have an aspect for a subject and then a result set for the instance (term or data collection). I have been doing it the other way round where I have generic aspects and then attach them to result sets that specify the subject. This allows you to cole one template and apply it to multiple subjects without having to remake it, simply using the replace result set function.
  5. Hi, What kind if thing are you trying todo?
  6. Was in my bank a few weeks ago and alarmingly every PC was running XP and these are the people meant to stop our money from being stolen, there clearly not spending their massive profits on securing their IT systems.
  7. I used to use a company called halcyon based in northampton before I changed job, they stock a number of makes of compatibles and re-mans, Adrian who I dealt with there always managed to beat the quotes I had from other companies and delivery was in one or 2 days normally.
  8. Data Manager 30k for me
  9. I use sims assessment for all my student reports, if your willing to put the time in you can produce some pretty good stuff, I have done them in the past with attendance graphs and flight paths over time for each subject which included all their grades to date and their targets.
  10. Can I get the salary range too cheers
  11. Hi, I am taking over the role of data manager at a school and my predecessor has a load of reports that are used regularly saved as private, I need access to these without making them public. Is their a way to transfer them all to my ownership? Cheers
  12. Might be worth logging on to the pc with a new user account then trying to login to SIMS to see if there is anything in the deputy heads profile that is causing an issue.
  13. Hi I don't know anything about the specific qualification but for all others a level one qualification is the equivalent of a GCSE pass at grades G-D and a level two qualification is the equivalent to a GCSE at grade C-A*
  14. A couple of updates ago the Permissions needed to view LAC data where drastically increased at the DfE request for what they argued where safeguarding issues. As such very few people and under normal circumstances no teachers can see the data in the MIS system.
  15. If your just registering as a stand alone school and not as part of a group within the authority then this is probably not needed. If you do needed it the the closest you can get is the previous school name from which you will have to do a find and replace in excel to substitute them with the school number. Regards David
  16. Hi you can get the option information through this. On the right hand side of the screen where the column options are there are 2 drop down boxes at the top. Change the top one of these to academic and the second one of these to block subjects.
  17. Hi, You can get this information out using the general student list under reports -> student list -> general student list. If you need help configuring this report let me know and I will send you my contact details.
  18. Hi, what exact data so you need to include on the report and in What format?
  19. Hi guys, unfortunately I am still looking so if you know of anything please let me know, unfortunately I'm quite desperate now and really need to find something by the end of July. Cheers for all your help.
  20. Hi, Where is this post based? Cheers
  21. Sat at home wiring on stuff for the school radio station, Could be worse I suppose
  22. I deal with all the copiers in my school and apart from a couple of small ones that we one and just have maintainance contracts on we have always found going direct to the company's the best option. We currently use Ricoh and canon. Formally all canon but changing to mostly Ricoh now. Ricoh offer us OGC terms or what ever the new equivalent is including 4 hour response times. I also find there hardware vastly superior to canon. We currently have a pro1107ex aficio MPC4501, aficio mp5002 and a aficio MC2000 from Ricoh. The newest one is the MP5002 which we have had for about 5 months, done nearly 150000 copies on it and not needed to call an engineer even once for a breakdown on it yet (hopefully I haven't jinxed it).
  23. Churchill community collage in wallsend, north Tyneside is currently looking for a data manager, I don't work for them but work for a school near them and have helped them out in the past, they are a nice friendly bunch. http://www.schooljobsearch.co.uk/teaching-jobs/north-tyneside/data-manager/10683?show_emp=340
×
×
  • Create New...