Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DavidLong

Members
  • Posts

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DavidLong

  1. Our estate doesn't have BT lines, we all have fibre to the property through a private company. They came the day before anyone moved in and connected everything including the wireless. There where a few reliability problems the first few months with it being a new fiber cabinet for the estate but they where always much more willing to look into any queries than BT.
  2. It not just telecom providers, out newbuild was delayed months as it wasn't convenient for the water board or gas / electric to come and connect the property up. They where telling the builders they had to book them in 9 months in advance for each property
  3. This is Abra the demon living in my house.
  4. If you search for Microsoft KB3039734 it will give you the links to the update install files.
  5. No problem vikpaw, annoyingly we had done all the updates and the optional ones annoyingly this one didn't come through in WSUS we had to install it manually.
  6. If you where using office 2013 then their is a hotfix from Microsoft to upgrade the vbe7.dll you could always look and see if their is one available that works with office 2010 to update the file.
  7. This was caused by an issue in the autumn release which affects all office unless it has the very latest vbe7.dll files. there are hotfixes on the Microsoft website that updates the required dll files for office.
  8. My guess would be yes, the knowledge base entry on my account doesn't state a edition of office just if the .dll is prior to the 7.1.10.49
  9. Hi, I can recall issues with the check spelling as you type functionality when office 2010 was released, as a result I always keep this option turned off in word now. The laptop was a clean rebuild and reinstall. I currently have full local admin rights to all my PCs and admin rights to the SIMS server files. David
  10. cheers, Myself and our support provider have been unable to find anything we think would resolve this on MyAccount, I believe they are now going to pass it onto capita and I will let you know what they say. David
  11. Hi Vikpaw, Thanks for the reply, I had thought of this and we did all the updates and cleared everything out when we rebuilt the laptop. it does the same thing when I create a new report and load the default template, as soon as word tries to load the macros it crashes out. David
  12. I'm having a problem editing my individual report templates in SIMS. When I load an individual report and click on the word template button it open MS word and loads the template which then give me the yellow bar to confirm I want to allow the macros. When I click on this to enable the macros for the document word thinks for a few seconds and then gives an error message and exits. SIMS is doing this on both my desktop and laptop machines (we rebuild the laptop on to a clean image and the problem remains). I have tried setting word to auto accept all macros but this just results in word crashing at start-up when it gets to the point of loading the macros. We have also tried using number of different users to logon to the machines to ensure it is not a profile problem and they have the same issue. We are on SIMS version 7.166 Build 38, windows 7 and office 2013. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. David
  13. Not that I know of, if you come across a way I would be very interested too
  14. I have been founding this two as I had disabled auto update on the course as one class was doing 2 different BTECs. I found if you tick protect and save and then try deleting them they didn't come back.
  15. Hi, I may be interested in this can you tell me what area of Birmingham this is in?
  16. I know, I've missed that so many times. But I guess it keeps us on our toes.
  17. Your welcome, I kept making the same mistake too at first
  18. @vikpaw if you didn't leave the left hand column in the report options blank as ticking one or more of them actually hides the data for that band, I keep doing this myself as normally sims is tick to include!!!
  19. You can do a year/band timetable from sims by going reports > timetables > year/band timetable. This will give you a list of the classes for the band / year group for each period of the week with the room and teacher for each.
  20. Some of my old colleagues work for the school and they love it, would apply myself if I had just bought a house. Who ever gets it will have a fantastic time based on all the pictures I've seen from staff there.
  21. Hi, Is there anything in the needs history "little button under the needs box" with anything in a date range which would affect the census?
  22. Hi, Another vote for Ricoh, I used to manage repro in my previous school and we replaced all out canon and sharp equipment with them on 3 year deals and then renewed for another 3 years just before I left. We found that there call outs where atleast twice as quick as canon and the machines much better built.
  23. Hi, If memory serves the CTF transfer before a few years ago never sent through the FSM data so you could be missing some of the data in The system anyway. I think my plan for this field is to just manually set it to the number of students on my FSM section of the latest pupil premium list for my school as I feel this will be more accurate.
  24. Think I have had something similar in the past when I have re built my computer and then gone in to edit a template after which it all goes out of line and puts the data in the wrong rows. I think it was something to do with the spell checking options and specifically "check spelling as I type" option had to be disabled in word and then any corrupted templates remade.
  25. Ah excellent, that's what I thought but it had been a few years since I had done it and was worried I had missed a step. Cheers for the help.
×
×
  • Create New...