Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Romantic meal for two? These are all quite concise but good recipes, I've found: Curry recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food
  2. I haven't used the black aluminium marker yet, so I don't know how runny it should be - but you won't be able to apply it to painted surfaces, it has to cut into the bare metal. You might have to prime them with some metal paper first.
  3. They're in the jos_users table in the database (it may have a slightly different name if you are or aren't using table prefixes).
  4. By complete chance, and it may not help much, I've just come across pydance - play Dance Dance Revolution in Linux, BSD, MacOS X, BeOS, and Windows
  5. The red circle indicating a level crossing is on both gates. That should be enough to tell any driver it's an LC, and the only way you could fail to see it is to drive without any headlights on. As for the rest of the arrangement, the big enclosing gates, traffic lights, stop signs and general "this is an important place" should be a pretty good clue that you're not on normal road any more. Then when you have to get out and walk to the edge of the tracks in the process of opening the gate... well...
  6. You'll have to publish the PHP source somewhere then if you want it reviewed
  7. I have done exactly this (though it's also a PPP router and mailserver) on an Intel D945GCLF and a gig of memory. It's Debian Lenny on a 4Gb flash disk (a fast one) - make sure you switch off access time recording on your filesystem to reduce the hammering it gets, and take a backup regularly in case of random failure. I can't comment on whether it will fit other cases, I have a Noah ITX case.
  8. Studywiz in Webobjects on CentOS, so... one third, I guess.
  9. You've tagged this thread PHP, does that mean you want a design review or a code review?
  10. Works for me, make sure you wrap it in url tags.
  11. At the risk of derailing the thread (so my one and only post to it): Relevant doc: Shutdownertron - Administrator’s Guide. Additionally, Shutdownertron polls policy every minute to collect changes, so the maximum time by default is an hour and a half between updates (the time here is the policy update interval in Windows, 1 hour plus or minus a random offset of 30 minutes).
  12. Nah, dim only gets called for defining variables
  13. Helvetica. Seems this is the geek font of choice
  14. I was going to wait a couple of days before posting about this (to avoid a ranting braindump) but I see I've been beaten to it There are some good ideas and I support them fully. However, with my social-not-technical-problem hat on, it would also be nice to see some self-restraint WRT frivolous posts/threads - that's not to say don't post it, but consider its value before doing so.
  15. It may, but that doesn't grant access to any other information. It certainly doesn't get you into the mailbox to have a nosey around at anything else, unless the user is stupid enough to have their password on show in the screenshot.
  16. This sounds a bit like a fire-fighting solution, have you had an incident lately? It needs to be much more comprehensive, simply removing access to devices for one group of users will only move the problem elsewhere. (As usual, it's much more a cultural problem than a technical one.) Transparent disk encryption might be a better move perhaps?
  17. Shame about the factual errors the NUT are peddling again: Incorrect.
  18. That's not guaranteed; in some cases the server you used for authentication bounces you to somewhere else for policies when it's heavily loaded. gpresult will give you a definitive historical result ("what actually happened", rather than "what would happen if").
  19. I don't understand. I use Spotify and never had an invite; have I missed something obvious?
  20. Please start a new thread for something separate to avoid hijacking other people's problems. To my knowledge, SIMS isn't supported on Windows 7 or Server 2008.
  21. Tricky. Basic and its variations will teach you bad habits, the C-type languages will teach you better habits but the learning curve is steep. Perl is strong on data and expressions but is full of mnemonics. Python is a good general-purpose, easy to pick up language that will give you a strong grounding, and then I'd progress to C# personally - but it abstracts everything a *long* way from the hardware, so make sure you get some C/C++ background along the way.
  22. piccy?
  23. Careful with your terminology: Why “Free Software” is better than “Open Source” - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) (of course I can't insist on anything, but please consider a truly free license rather than just an open one (I'm looking at you, CC-BY-ND)). I don't blame you Remember to get the grant statements of whichever license you choose* clear in the top of the source files for maximum clarity. *powdarrmonkey's recommendations: GPL if you want to maximise the freedom of other projects; three-clause BSD if you don't mind your work being used in closed derivatives
  24. How do you feel about opening the source as free software? Happy to help with the technicalities if you need it.
  25. I think this is an excellent idea.
×
×
  • Create New...