Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Ahh, jump in the conference room and see how good the wireless signal is, there's a good chap
  2. ahhh, breakfast time I can smell the toast from my room...
  3. nono, the dress is for me Although seriously: smart or casual or scruffy or dinner suit? Might just bring nice trousers and shirt.
  4. Awesome. Thing wot I forgot: what about dress?
  5. Is it a walk/drive/coach/bus/taxi job from the hotel to there? Might have to catch you up if you're rounding up a full two hours before the table's booked
  6. The headline is still highly misleading, even if the article itself is a bit better balanced.
  7. That's not rep, that's the report button, which alerts moderators.
  8. And there is the problem: there is no official guidance on how to apply it. My point is that rep isn't dependent on short-term events like a reprimand, it balances out over a long period of time to give an overall reflection.
  9. I disagree. Reputation is a much longer-term indicator of somebody's worth; it doesn't (always) rate how often somebody has had to be reprimanded. I think it's reputation as dictionary-defined, you don't solely judge someone on whether they have a criminal record, although that's an important consideration to mix in.
  10. http://www.edugeek.net/usercp.php
  11. Tony, did you ever have a response to this?
  12. With VLAN tagging and a trunk, I think. Never done it though.
  13. Heh, you can say that the day after *any* technology purchase.
  14. This is just an attention-grabbing headline from the Daily Fail. Please read the whole article and you will understand that schools rated 'outstanding' will not be permanently excluded from future inspections. edit: under the proposals.
  15. you appear to have Reggiep listed twice again
  16. You believe wrong. Unrelated article containing clue.
  17. and which house Mars was in at the time you sacrificed your goat. Microsoft licensing is so stupidly complex, I swear it's as arbitrary as that
  18. I highly recommend the Xerox Phaser series on the LNL Printers for Schools scheme.
  19. It will be at least a year before we even consider rolling it, because we have that much left of our ECDL course still to run and it's not fair on the candidates to switch in the middle of it. (aside from the fact that Litmus don't support it yet either.)
  20. 'Fraid I hadn't noticed. I'll check tonight for you. edit: checked with a colleague, and she doesn't often drink straight water but had noticed her squash tasted different and assumed the recipe had changed.... the boss asked if you are married and suggested checking for poisons. Go figure.
  21. Was this a Win98 install though?
  22. Slashdot, LWN, some planets of pet projects, CWN and (ironically) the BBC, for the popular view.
  23. oh sure, paid-for == secure *sigh*
  24. If you leave it hot too long it might melt the case, you should watch out for that
  25. Actually two of us will be taking the car there so we can go straight from it... sorry
×
×
  • Create New...