Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. postal spam to Russ's school!!1eleventyone!
  2. OpenID is an open framework for centralised, delegated authentication by a provider of the users' choice. It is more convenient, gives more user choice and can be safer (some providers use two-factor authentication, for example). Please consider implementing OpenID as an authentication mechanism alongside the normal method. Users should be able to provide OpenID details in their profile and then optionally use it to sign in. Edugeek can still maintain the same database records for the user, this is not a replacement.
  3. As usual, Windows itself is crippled in this regard, but OpenVPN on Windows or Linux can do this, IIRC.
  4. There is no ongoing development and no support available for LNM.
  5. You don't have this option on non-VMX processors, at least in my small-scale experiments. Chances are this is most of the machines in a school, especially if they are more than a year or so old.
  6. In which case, please edit your post and withdraw your assertions, before they get picked up by Google. That's how rumours start, we don't need them perpetuating any further.
  7. It's a free product and the source is under a free license. Make it less disappointing if it bothers you that much.
  8. We are a vanilla house but with some Burconix middleware to take the stress out. It's a very nice balance, IMHO.
  9. Sounds like our scheme with LNL, highly recommended.
  10. Monitors have small speakers built in, headphones available in class sets in suites. However, from September we'll be providing a set of earphones for each student at entry, and they will purchase a replacement set if they are damaged.
  11. You just need any 19V, min 4.7A supply. Clevo D400 AC Adapter would do the job.
  12. I used to solve this problem with Blogger and its RSS feed.
  13. In DC circuits, they are the same. In AC circuits, the difference between VA and power depends on the load: for a reactive load the difference can be quite wild, and in a purely resistive load they will be within fractions of a percent of each other. PCs and other electronic kit are much more reactive than resistive, so you can use the VA as an estimate of power available but don't expect to be able to draw it all. The precise difference will depend what you hang off the UPS. edit: for reference, the real power available in circuit is measured in units of Watt, and the apparent power available is measured in units of volt-amps.
  14. From the look of https://www.quorumsoft.com/learnmore.php, you'll need a backup machine per metal Xen host that you want to back up, whereas the paid version allows you to back up as many hosts as you have licenses with one backup machine. (yes, that's $1,200 per metal host...)
  15. Better off posting them here and I'll ask, James isn't at his machine to approve them
  16. I still can't get back in, and yes it's much slower. The cache restarted not long ago too - seriously, in the middle of the day and (presumably) county-wide? That is really a pretty poor show.
  17. Well, perhaps you could ask him to stop dropping everything that's not favourable to the company he believes can do no wrong? Thanks.
  18. I don't know, but the bias is Microsoft-oriented, so there's a very small shortlist.
  19. I'm not, I'm reduced to the shoutbox on the front page. Pity, since it's being moderated in a severely biased manner.
  20. Hmm, broken again - think LGFL have broken it
  21. The thread is getting on for four years old now, I expect if there was anything to be had we'd have heard about it through other channels by now. Shame really, I qualify for it until next year so I'd be interested...
  22. Fixed, should allow max 30 now.
  23. Ah. Yes. Hmm. When I can get the other laptop out of the car I'll fix that. This gateway's so locked down I can't even ssh to the box
  24. Turns out the Unofficial Chat mibbit interface works through the lancs filter, hurrah! Mibbit.com Webchat client
×
×
  • Create New...