Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Sibrows

Members
  • Posts

    319
  • Joined

Everything posted by Sibrows

  1. We've got a waterfall type plan for our desktops with different years planning on filtering into different areas: Every year we replace 30(wish) machines in our IT suite which filter down into other areas Year 1 > Classroom Desktops > DT Year 2 > Classroom Desktops > Other IT suites Year 3 > Classroom Desktops > Offices Our Macs are replaced 30 at a time into one of our teaching spaces in Media (as they have the need for the greatest processing power). Year 1 > Art & Photography Year 2 > Music Year 3 > VI Form We're currently running around 500 PC desktops 120 Macs. Very few laptops outside of a few in SLT and staff doing outreach/working multiple sites. All teaching staff and students have iPads so enough to keep us busy.
  2. That looks like exactly that was the issue. Thanks for your time.
  3. Thanks @TMBS I've got two serial numbers available in the 'Adobe Licensing Portal' only one of them are accepted by the 'Adobe Creative Cloud Packager' and this doesn't change the behaviour on the computer that I deploy it to.
  4. Is anyone else having issues with Adobe CC licensing today? Having asked the question, via our reseller, of Adobe Enterprise Licensing team about notifications that the software was going to expire and been told that our licenses were valid and we didn't have to do anything all of our CC 2018 apps stopped this morning. I can login to the 'Adobe Admin Console' which shows that I have machines assigned to the device licenses. Following the link ‘How to Deploy Devices’ provides instructions for downloading the previously used ‘Creative Cloud Packager’ which is how our existing apps have been deployed. The issue here appears that the serial numbers listed within the ‘Adobe Licensing portal’ have expired. From other digging; Adobe are only supporting per-user licensing with CC 2019 and I can only generate per-user licenses through the 'Adobe Admin Console'. What have I missed? - I don't have anywhere near enough licenses to deploy to all end users 🤬 Thanks in advance for any assistance. Simon
  5. Generally in response to an incident. SLT, HODs and site & IT teams have access. Or during the holidays to keep an eye on deliveries as reception isn't manned.
  6. Like the others have said we brought our CCTV in-house from an externally managed system with very poor image quality and very expensive maintenance. We're also UniFi 40 cameras: mainly gen2 & gen3 UVC Pros, UVC Domes & gen2 & gen3 UVC.
  7. Give it 5 minutes and you'll get the same thing from China at £10
  8. We’re using WebDAV to achieve this although I do find its use limited and increasingly staff and students are using OneDrive to share files between their home drives/shared drives and their iPads.
  9. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
  10. Those using Spiceworks: Having used it in the past I liked the network auditing features but it could never cope with an average size secondary school network so we abandoned it as it ground to a halt and became more of a hindrance than a tool. Have they improved this? To quantify my 'average size secondary school network': around 30 printers, 400 PCs, 100 Macs.
  11. I followed this article: http://www.edugeek.net/blogs/marshall_it/2203-office-365-e-mail-encryption.html Which has the lovely bit of regex to spot UPNs
  12. We've been using these guys for 3+ years now http://tramscloud.co.uk Essentially hosted JAMF would thoroughly recommend.
  13. If your using Office365 its a straightforward feature that can be turned on. I realise that you can use Outlook with other mail providers and what I'm suggesting isn't an Outlook plugin. So please feel free to ignore my comment
  14. We're using the free version of FreshDesk with different Groups configured for different sites. While there are better 'pay for' solutions out there it works for us. As we grow I'd ideally like something ITIL compliant but thats not happening anytime soon
  15. We are currently recruiting for a Network Technician to join our team. As a school, we are 5 years into a 1:1 device scheme based around the iPad. This has been very successful and this role will continue to support the project going forward. Full details can be found here: https://www.sjb.surrey.sch.uk/about/vacancies.php Full time 36 hours per week. Salary dependent on experience Surrey Pay Grade S5 (£19245 - £21796 FTE) Any questions please feel free to email or PM me.
  16. This has been covered in the press over the past 6 months: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/02/08/google_chrome_http_shame/ but as both of us have pointed out there are no cost alternatives.
  17. Can you ask them if they support letsencrypt? https://letsencrypt.org
  18. 80+ installs of AirServer on one site. It does what it says on the tin.
  19. We followed this blog post: http://www.edugeek.net/blogs/marshall_it/2203-office-365-e-mail-encryption.html
  20. I'm out of the office without access to my ProCurves but I believe that you need the rules numbered and the permit rules need to precede the deny as the rules are evaluated in order and at the moment they are matching the deny rule before getting to the individual servers.
  21. We're considering it at the moment. Would you be able to provide a few more details on their 'shady tactics'?
  22. +1 for FreshDesk. We're using two instances 1 paid instance for the site team but with 3 of them using one user & 1 for IT with the 3 free accounts in use.
  23. Install 10.5 as it doesn't have the same issue.
  24. Same as @tg12 use the iPad as a second monitor almost daily and have seen it duplicate but not had reason to use it like this. What are you trying to achieve?
  25. We use MailChimp for various functions including this one. You may be able to make the free tier work by carving up some of your lists.
×
×
  • Create New...