-
Posts
492 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by budgester
-
Thats unbridled extravagance, new keyboard PAH. I'm still using an IBM Model M from 1985.
-
For Design and Tech have a look at QCAD I used it to create C r e a t e - I n s p i r e Which we then cut out on our laser cutter here.
-
Gotta really ask the question why would you be running X (GUI) on a server anyway ?
-
How about something like https://secure.dnuk.com/systems/configure/rs3000x.php for £6500 with 24 Terabytes With Open-E DSS - Data Storage Server, Data Storage Software, Data storage for operating systems, Data software for operating systems What do you extra when you buy Sun or EMC ?
-
We got a quote for an EMC system. I am also looking at trying to Unify the storage as well. What with moodle, student storage, streaming media, mail, etc.... we are beginning to use a lot of storage on one loads of different servers. So I am trying to understand the technology behind these unified servers as well, so any explanations would be much appreciated, or usefull links for research e.g. buzz words iSCSI, NAS, SAN etc, Other considerations such as how to connect these devices into the network in a sane manner, which connections to use. Do you partition areas of the storage devices, how are they managed, are they expandable, I've got loads of questions.
-
Remote Desktop Win->Linux, different countries
budgester replied to Gerry's topic in How do you do....it?
Forwarding X11 over the internet is probably not a good idea. Get ssh to port forward on the router. Then tunnel through ssh to get VNC/X11/RDP whatever. See this document for how to tunnel using putty. Remote Desktop and SSH for the home user Smoothwall - Tunnelling VNC over SSH with PuTTY Or type ssh tunnel vnc rdp into google. -
Now I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue, but we have had to send around 30 ASUS barebones back to our suppliers as they all had the same MAC address. This resulted in a similar issue to the one you are seeing but only when there was two of the machines on the network. I can find out what the MAC address was if you want.
-
Have you made it onto a blocklist ? Does internal mail work ? If you are relaying through another server is it rejecting your mails. Is mail still coming in ? try tail -f "your log file" as you are sending a message.
-
It's possible but there are all sorts of security issues, so be very carefull how you do this, you don't want any Alice ob Bob with access to your LDAP/AD server. Another issue you to be aware of is the traffic implications, slow internet day, could mean a really slow moodle authentication. A no internet day will definately mean no vle. And of course if you teachers start uploading large powerpoints (i've seen them up to 100mb) and you have 30 kids all downloading that, lets just say a local install with a LAN could be a bit quicker than a 20mb internet connection.
-
Try Computer Hardware - All - Scan.co.uk
-
Does the PHP script connect to the server ?
-
Can you do a window repaint/refresh of something like that ?
-
Your missing some fibre patch panels in there.
-
Hi, My deputy head is looking for a school that is doing innovative stuff with ICT that we can visit. So things like thin clients, tablets, nettops etc. So if you are doing things you think are innovative and wouldn't mind a visit from 2 teachers, 5 kids and a techie. Please let me know. Regards Budgester
-
First thing look sensibly at what you re trying to achieve. Next find a problem and solve that, I recently had an issue with CMIS to EasyTrace Integration so I wrote some code and opensourced it. Got an itch scratch it. I think a project that could do well for you would be something like broker service with plugins for the major apps. eportfolio ^ | Broker <-> MIS | v Library Software Plus as many other apps that you can find, e.g. AD, Cashless catering, storage, helpdesk, email. SIF and ZIS is supposed to do this but no decent implementations so far. Regards Budgester
-
This software is now available for download at ..... CMIS and EasyTrace Integration | Chace Community School Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. This software is NOT supported by Serco or EasyTrace so use at your own risk, and if anything breaks you get to keep all the parts.
-
Hi all, I don't know if anyone is interested but I have developed a small program to integrate CMIS with Easytrace. Currently it gets all student and staff accounts from the CMIS sql database then checks if these exist as customers in the the Easytrace database using the Easytrace API, if the accounts don't exist it will create an a new Customer record in Easytrace. Next on the list for this application is to make Free School Meals updating automatic from CMIS to Easytrace. I will be releasing this as open source, probably under the GPL or MIT license. The code is written in C# Regards Budgester
-
Can you post some code to show how far you have got, then we can help you.
-
Oh the other thing that will encourage people to help you out is if you provide stats to the pages people visit. Drupal and Joomla should both do this, and it allows you to focus on the areas of the site that people actually visit and cull the rubbish.
-
The best thing you can do is learn either drupal, joomla or another cms as quickly as you can, other wise you'll get stuck with an out of date website or constantly bothered by people asking you to update this or that. As an example our website uses Drupal, Chace Community School | Commitment to Learning High Expectations All can succeed Confidence and Courage Everyone valued equally The head teacher updates the site with a single paragraph and an image at least once a week, and a couple of other members of staff have areas of responsibilty, e.g HR for the vacancies etc. My involvement is now really minimal, and we have constantly updated content.
-
Sounds like you need to integrate a PXE boot on that.
- 13 replies
-
1 Network Manager 3 Technicians 550 PC's A couple of racks of servers. 1 more technician would hopefully push us totally over the edge of the reactive/proactiv barrier. But then there is different workloads at different times of the year.
-
I'm a member of the dev team for IRM so thats what I use.
-
We currently have codes loaded into each copier, but between keeping 6 of them updated they have managed to get out of sync, and when I tried to sort out the pins on the copiers it managed to lose all the print history......that made for a happy bursar I can tell you. So I'm really looking for something that would do pull printing with RFID and departments. We also have the issue of staff who copy/print for different budget areas, so some way of selecting which group the printing gets allocated to is needed as well. Annnnd I woudl like it to be really easy to manage so I can palm it off on the finance office.
