Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

clockend25

Members
  • Posts

    795
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by clockend25

  1. We went for refurbs this year and have to say I think we'll stick with them for the foreseeable future. Twice our normal spec at half the price with a good warranty: BOOM.
  2. This year I've got four laptops in use; two newer ones which are used for the speaking tests and media exams, and another couple of older Toshibas running Win 10 for single use by students. They use Wordpad and we take work off for them to sign after the exam. Wifi isn't needed.
  3. My mum's family are all Palace so would love them to do it.
  4. Think you're slightly over-egging the holiday experience personally. Tricky issue though and can see both sides of the argument. I notice the government have just announced they're going to look to tighten the rules on term time absence.
  5. "Corporate accounts payable Nina speaking, just a moment..." Sorry.
  6. Hearts of Iron IV is out June 6th.
  7. Sounds very much like our experience when we first went with them. I think they took on a lot of business and the support side of things wasn't really there to cope with it. I also had a frustrating time after moving over to the hosted Lightspeed solution; connectivity issues which I couldn't get them to admit were a result of their new platform. After a couple of months they found and underlying issue and did the maintenance work, and it's been very good ever since both in terms of connecitivty and support. We've been advised by our MAT to take another 1 year contract from SB while they sort out a trust-wide provision but I am bit worried by these continuing issues.
  8. user-192.png is the bugger! Sorted. You can keep your Photoshop and Illustrator; we've got Powerpoint.
  9. I'd imagine you need to check who they have down as contacts. There was a time previously where I would receive nothing and subsequently found out they only had our finance assistant's email as a contact. We now get the technical updates through.
  10. We're filter 5 and it's been fine here for a long time. Have been seeing the email updates come through wondering if we're going to have problems next ...
  11. We don't ban them outright, we just knobble autoplay and block anything being executed from them.
  12. Not on filter 11 but have been getting the service updates anyway. Sounds a mess.
  13. Thank God for Leicester City. A proper anxious few months hoping that other mob weren't going to win it... An amazing, almost unbelievable achievement.
  14. Never heard of this Colin bloke.
  15. Our trust has a centrally hosted PS Financials setup. The software itself seems fine and generally our finance bods are happy with it; the Citrix side of things drives us all mental on a regular basis.
  16. Lightspeed through our ISP. Would prefer Smoothwall, but it's a million times better than the fortigate appliance we were on before.
  17. We've had a nightmare with them. There's one driver who works this area who is now not welcome on site following a string of issues. During half term in February he repeatedly failed to collect some exam papers which urgently needed shipping, ignoring the note I'd left at reception to call my mobile. After we chased he came back, collected the parcel which was now accessible to him, and promptly rung my number and gave me a load of abuse down the phone.
  18. @Mic_Impero Now sorted. Thanks for chasing.
  19. I opened a ticket last week, had no response until yesterday when I had an email saying the ticket had been closed as they 'believe that we've found a solution to your query', but with no clue as to what this is. Reopened the case and received an identical email today, again with no information. Rung a couple of times this afternoon and no response on either occasion. KUTGW.
  20. Got an email saying they've wound down their Trade arm the other day. Referenced another supplier I use who'd obviously been purchasing through them, and suggested I use Misco in the future.
  21. We have batch files that run at logon/logoff and generate and then amend a text file for each user and machine. Originally posted by someone else on here: Logon: rem The following line creates a rolling log file of usage by workstation echo Log In %Date% %TIME% %USERNAME% >> \\SHAREPATH\%COMPUTERNAME%.log rem The following line creates a rolling log file of usage by user echo Log In %Date% %TIME% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\SHAREPATH\%USERNAME%.log Logoff: rem The following line creates a rolling log file of usage by workstation echo Log Off %Date% %TIME% %USERNAME% >> \\SHAREPATH\%COMPUTERNAME%.log rem The following line creates a rolling log file of usage by user echo Log Off %Date% %TIME% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\SHAREPATH\%USERNAME%.log
  22. Fair enough. Just got some email notifications when opening the ticket that I'd never received before.
  23. Got a response within a day or so of my request. They seem to have implemented new helpdesk software.
  24. *Locks office door*
×
×
  • Create New...