-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
We always get RX250 Mouse They seem very hard wearing and normally cost around £5 each in bulk.
-
Have been using Spiceworks for quite a while now - but I've often found it a little cluttered. Have just installed and got OSTicket running - with a few tweaks it seems a very nice minimalist ticketing and knowledgebase system. Looks very nice and have SSO / Ldap implemented to make it very quick for staff to post a ticket.
-
Hi, I have been asked to get kindles working at our school. We have an upstream proxy which is required to access anything internet based. I understand (and have read quite a few threads on edugeek) that I require a transparent proxy to allow the kindles to work. I setup Smoothwall Express 3.1 RC3 - the kindles can browse the internet fine - but registering them and downloading books to them does not work. From what I have read Smoothwall Express will not allow https traffic to work (and I believe this is what is stopping the kindles working correctly). Does the full smoothwall software / hardware work correctly with kindles? Any ideas would be helpful - or if the full smoothwall does work correctly could someone from smoothwall contact me please about pricing etc. Taaaaaa
-
[windows tablet] Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet - Thoughts?
siuko replied to EduTech's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Make it full windows 8 Make it £250 I will buy one for myself I will buy loads for the school for their tablet rollout. -
Biggest thing that I learnt from it.... RTFM before install lol... Nvidia drivers needed to be up to date - which mine weren't - so got a black screen and had to roll back
-
We also use the paid for version here. Head / SLT do seem to like it... they have loads of surveys on there.
-
I think it is in Tools > Lookups > Maintain Then search - and I think you will be wanting Conduct Role (if it is the same as ours)
-
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Al, Just wanted to say a massive Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!!! Have received my prize! And I have got to say how fantastic the laser etching is... looks great. The other thing is... HOW SMALL are these things lol (About the size of a hard back book if anyone is wondering) Sorry I've not had chance to plug it in and test it yet (and I'm on holiday next week yay!) but I will have a look once I get back. Big thank you to you all at Very PC. -
Which video editing software will your son by using? Which games will he be playing? Sadly in both cases I do not think £400 for either a desktop or laptop will be enough. Gaming wise you could probably push something ok for about £600-700, but then adding the video editing requirements will probably bump this price up for extra ram / storage. Very difficult situation (unless you know someone selling an older gaming system that is willing to sell for a reasonable price)
-
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Indeed Al, All my morals are from the Fremen customs.... And anyone who crosses me gets a Crysknife to free their water! -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Thanks for posting that Al!!! Its fantastic seeing it being created... I was sooooo close to just having the lettering. But that Shai-Hulud looks fantastic on there!!! Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people. Lol Dune rooooooooooooooocks -
STOCKTOBER2! A month of prizes and sweeties from VeryPC
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Hehehe my Veggie Piggies arrived today too!!! Yummy Yummy in my Tummy!!! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you VeryPC -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
OMGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! That is great!! That is a huge GO GO GO!! Put the Lasers to 100% and burn away lol Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Lol its an odd one to be fair.... But I cant help liking Dune!! Its just sooooooooooooooo good!! (Everyone needs to see it at least once in their lives... like the grand canyon) I have about 5 different version of the film on dvd, extended tv edition, alan smithee edition, blu ray etc lol -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Lol that's excellent!! I am happy to go with option 3! UNLESS...... You can somehow manage to clean this rather low quality image up and add it above the quote lol Lol hope I'm not asking too much PS If it is too much - then I'm more than happy with Option 3 please -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Lol yeah that font does look a little wonky!! It reminds me more of the Austin Powers film title than of Dune -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Well I've just checked and I think one of the original Dune fonts is HERE But I have a feeling that wont look to good with that quote... So if you could possibly mock up with any you think will fit the quote that would be great thanks Possible make "The sleeper must awaken" part italc to emphasize it? What do you think? Thanks again!! Really excited to see what it looks like -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
I would like Windows 8 please. I was thinking of just having a quote from my favorite film placed on the side. Its from dune and the bit I want goes as follows... A person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken. Have you done any text only designs? How do they look? -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGZZZZZZ!!!!! I cant believe it!!! I won something!! I have such a huge smurk on my face!!! Lol thanks guys I wasn't expecting to win so I will have to think about what design I would like - what was everyone else going to have? -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Noooooo the Bee will be mine also.... I'm going to create a new account and register for the competition again and call myself Ziuko!! No one will notice -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Lol!! Cool! thank you for my prize -
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
siuko replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
W00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!! Could I have number 7 please Mr Brown (Well as long as number 7 is Star Trek ) -
Hi Phil - it doesn't affect the performance of anything else - it is just the InTouch Window / UI itself is just very slow to load and navigate through. Is this not standard behavior? Should I still raise a ticket?
-
I do not have much info for InTouch as I don't use it regularly but the one thing I can say is on our setup its is very Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow to open the UI etc
-
New HAP setup, help with a few teething issues.
siuko replied to fairm010's topic in Home Access Plus+
Just as an update to this thread (for anyone having this issue) I was having 404 issues when previewing or opening files. Installing WebDav fixed these issue for me. (Strange considering @nickbro says that it shouldnt be installed hehe)
