Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AngryITGuy

Members
  • Posts

    411
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AngryITGuy

  1. SLT at my place recently purchased School Asset Manager needs some work doing to the interface to customise it for our requirements but it seems pretty good and offers a useful reporting and auditing feature for individual rooms.
  2. Room Booking - Nothing but currently looking for a solution Asset Management - School Asset Manager Help Desk - Liberum Active Directory Adding Users (Bulk) - Ranger Account Manager Print Management - PaperCut Software Deployment - Group Policy and Ranger Image deployment - FOG
  3. Thanks for the feedback everyone. TBH I was only looking at those phones cos thats what I want, I've had an iPhone for ages and although I think its an excellent phone I just wanted to know how the Android phones compare. I've just seen a picture of someone holding the Galaxy S2 and it is H-U-G-E not sure if she will approve, might just have to let her decide on what phone she wants instead!
  4. The other half is due a new mobile phone and I was thinking of getting her an Android based one. I've been looking at the HTC Sensation and the Samsung Galaxy S2 has anyone got either of these phones what are they like? Or are there other phones I should be looking at instead? Cheers
  5. Would have thought that its controlled by GPO. Home page is usually set at User Configuration | Windows Settings | Internet Explorer Maintenance | URLS | Important URLs The setting to stop users from changing it is at User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer | Disable changing home page settings Have you tried the new settings with a user account that doesn't have a mandatory profile?
  6. Thanks for that, it certainly looks impressive. Is the Epson projector multi-touch?
  7. Thanks for the recommendations, after a little more research I cam across this on the RM website Isis VerTable I know it a long shot but has anyone had any experience using one at all?
  8. Does anyone here use a mobile interactive whteboard and projector solution? If so what are you using and how have staff found it? We are looking at purchasing some portable units for our school and the only one I keep coming accross is this one from Promethean which from the size and weight doesn't look to be very portable at all.
  9. Morning all, I'm looking to sell my Asus S101 XP Netbook which is in the Mocha Brown finish. Thought I'd try here before listing it on ebay. Its about 18 months old and has had next to no use, purchased it for my wife who I think was interested in how it looks and the Swarovski crystal than anything else. It comes with all the accessories we got with it when we purchased it including things like the Asus cleaning cloth, the Asus carry bag and it's in pristine condition with very little sign of use. Specification of the device can be found here although its worth noting that that the RAM has been upgraded to 2GB. I'm looking for £225 ono which will also include delivery. Cheers
  10. We have recently purchased Impero and will be using it to manage printing within the school for both staff and students. We also want to encourage staff to use our reporographics machines for larger documents or for multiple print outs. We have someone who works in the reprographics department full time and don't want staff printing huge documents while he is photocopying. Does anyone know of any software that will allow us to setup a print release station for our photocopiers, I know the paid for version of PaperCut has this facility, I just wanted to know if there were any other alternatives out there. Cheers
  11. Never actually thought about software, its actualy a really good idea. I'm sure if the software helps your project to deliver against the area of focus it shouldn't be a problem asking for it.
  12. Just had this passed to me and thought I'd post the informatin on there as it may be useful to some people. They won't pay for any infrastructure or hardware accoring to the restrictions and funding criteria, the first idea that springs to mind is some kinda E-Safety, Safer Internet workshops to run next academic year every half term and throught the summer for the school and all our partner primaries. Information, deadline dates and how to apply all here Information of previously funded projects here.
  13. Don't mean to be cheeky sysman, but is there any chance I could get a set of the icons without the coloured backgrounds please? I'm just after the white subject icons as we have our own background to put them on to.
  14. Can't believe no one has mentioned visualizers yet!
  15. On my Slate I followed the Windows 7 Guide here disabling unwanted visual themes really helped. I also disabled some services following a guide here as well as clearing out the number of applications that run at startup. I've definitely seen an improvement in performance and responsiveness from the unit just wish I could extend the battery life as much!
  16. Check out Mac2Sell - Guide to used Mac, iPad, iPhone & iPod - Evaluation - Argus Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone Occasion I have used the site a few times when pricing up some Apple hardware I have needed to sell.
  17. Very true indeed and for those of you who don't want to look through the disgusting content of the link above here is a list of links the site provides for its twisted users www. specialfriedrice. net www. listofshocksites. com www. bluewaffle. net www. lemonparty. org www. hai2u. com www. jarsquatter. com www. goatse. fr www. goatse. cx www. 2girls1cup. com www. tubgirl. ca www. meatspin. com www. livejasmin. com www. myfreecams. com www. redlightcenter. com www. dancingbear. com www. gf2ube. com www. xmatch. com www. mustardsnack. com
  18. Never got around to posting this earlier in the week, but the following sites were getting heavy attention by students during the last week of term. www . mustardsnack . com www . specialfriedrice . net Even though they got through out ISP filtering our internal web filter managed to block students from accessing the sites. They are definitely NSFW in fact they aren't suitable ever, I would just ban them without even looking at them I got quite the shock when I accessed them let me tell you
  19. Thought some of you fellow mac users might find this useful. Hidden - The most advanced theft tracking software for your Mac Its free till the end of month which is always a bonus, just tried downloading it but the site seems to be down fingers crossed its back up soon!
  20. Although not likely to resolve you current issue with the RM Slate it looks like Microsoft are finally getting their act together regarding a "proper" tablet OS Microsoft planning new Windows tablet OS
  21. Looking to install it later on today so will let you know how I get on with it. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the charger yet, I think the power jack is way too thin and will not stand the test of time, especially if the unit needs charging to get it through a school day!
  22. +1 for Truancy Call and Call Parents. Works a treat we used to contact parents and staff during the recent bad weather you can use it within the school network environment or upload your data to their servers and run it from the web anywhere.
  23. Agree totally about the battery life the most I have had from mine is just under 4 hours and thats was when it was sat on my desk doing nothing! Under use I'm getting an average of 3 hours. I'm surprised you have found the performance of the unit an issue, mine has been fine when multitasking with Office and IE. Haven't tried YouTube or anything else media orientated so I can't comment on that yet. I have disabled all non essential services courtesy of the guide on BlackViper on my unit, you might want to give that a try to see if that helps.
  24. Mines been despatched since Monday and its still not here, just had an email to say the stylus has been delayed till the new year! Really looking forward to getting my hands on it and trying it out. We plan on using it as an interactive slate to VNC the workstation connected to the whiteboard.
  25. Cheers for that, already tried VLC without success. Think the file hasn't been finalised rather than it being corrupt, not sure that makes sorting my problem any easier! But both HandBrake and iMovie say it doesn't contain any valid video when I try to read it! Think I'm quickly running out of ideas with this one.
×
×
  • Create New...