Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

internetuser

Members
  • Posts

    159
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by internetuser

  1. this power shell scrip will fix it set-gppermissions -TargetName "Authenticated Users" -TargetType group -PermissionLevel GpoRead -all
  2. It's the above Windows update. I had some Windows 7 thin clients excluded from my wus server effected. Which updated directly from Microsoft. Which prevented them working correctly. Lucky it was a simple in install update to get working. Could have being nasty otherwise.
  3. I use vmhorizon and it works extremely well. Not cheap but over time will pay for its self due to the concurrent licening, man hours and reutilisation of machines.. In terms of using a Microsoft solution I presume it would be based on using rds. For end user clients you can use Windows 7 thin, and scripts to lock them down to only run the connection software.
  4. 16gb is more than enough if you just use it as a phone and for basic apps.. I also keep the majority of my stuff in the cloud these days or stream music etc.
  5. It still says preview when I have looked today. I have being invited to an apple education event instore on the 11th so it may be to show case this hopefully
  6. New kit on DEP is a lot easier to set up and deploy.
  7. Global knowledge run courses in Manchester.
  8. From what I have found is the discount on iPads is minimal. Dep will be very problomatic as well, as they will be all under one order number on one vpp account.
  9. I do find it strange to buy them and effectively kill the product. The time scale indicated was 18 month plus for the new product from the new owners, to be honest I do not even think he knew what was going on.
  10. The claim that support will not change, and development is on going for the next Bloxx UI (to get rid of silverlight) but cant confirm if it will see light of day. The company that bought them is going to offer a cloud based webfilter option at some point and offer existing customers an upgrade route. Really hope support doesn't suffer as they have always being spot on.
  11. below is the article I used. Removing built-in Apps from Windows 10 using Powershell - CCMEXEC.COM – System Center blog
  12. You can reinstall them with be below code. $Appx = Get-AppxPackage | select name $appx | Out-File -FilePath C:\temp\Appx.txt
  13. I use the below code to remove the build in apps I do not want $AppsList = "Microsoft.BingFinance","Microsoft.BingNews","Microsoft.BingWeather","Microsoft.XboxApp","Microsoft.SkypeApp","Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection","Microsoft.BingSports","Microsoft.ZuneMusic","Microsoft.ZuneVideo","Microsoft.Windows.Photos","Microsoft.People","Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub","Microsoft.WindowsMaps","microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps","Microsoft.Getstarted","Microsoft.3DBuilder" ForEach ($App in $AppsList) { $PackageFullName = (Get-AppxPackage $App).PackageFullName $ProPackageFullName = (Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where {$_.Displayname -eq $App}).PackageName write-host $PackageFullName Write-Host $ProPackageFullName if ($PackageFullName) { Write-Host "Removing Package: $App" remove-AppxPackage -package $PackageFullName } else { Write-Host "Unable to find package: $App" } if ($ProPackageFullName) { Write-Host "Removing Provisioned Package: $ProPackageFullName" Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online -packagename $ProPackageFullName } else { Write-Host "Unable to find provisioned package: $App" } }
  14. I have education here on the domain and its working as expected so far. Apart from the Windows 10 quirks
  15. Why would windows 10 education not give you full group policy management ?
  16. Any update on this ? They seem to get full run of the settings, which isnt good.
  17. Windows 10 shipped version of these due 23rd Sept
  18. Plug the cable in and leave it a while giving it a few reboots and gupudates. Then see if it works as normal before going back wireless.
  19. I run this as admin on them all Powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c and it seems to do the job. Its sometimes plugging a cable in as well and run the gpupdate/force to get them back in sync as well for going forward.
  20. power management on some wireless cards can cause problems. I think found a powercfg script to run on them which helped a lot. What type of laptops / wireless card do they have ?
  21. Hi, Anybody got any experience of using this yet ? Had a demo of it last week and it seemed to do what it says on the tin. Already use RDS for staff remote access, but want some other options. Any pro's / con's into looking at this ? Mainly for delivering apps like AutoCAD and engineering software which is abit of a pain. And saving on the chores of refreshing machines every year. Along side delivering training outside the classroom, on multiple devices. (Chrome books spring to mind).
  22. Tell her to get a grip and buy here a copy of mavis beacons and learn to type quicker ?
  23. Did you manage to resolve this ? We seem to have it happening with users on WIn 7 / IE10 and mandatory profiles.
  24. I had this with the roothub driver for USB3, the first one installed and then this wouldn't. I ended up using a script to install it on reboot (it points to server share with drivers in) Just applies to the OU with the batch of laptops in. pnputil.exe -i -a \\****\NetworkDeployment\USB3\iusb3hub.inf
  25. That is the lightspeed rocket webfilter. Nothing to do with the Lightspeed MDMv3 If the rocket is set up correct with the allow list, it wont need user authentication to push apps to it. But only if they actually go on the internet.
×
×
  • Create New...