Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

internetuser

Members
  • Posts

    159
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by internetuser

  1. We found we could make 10 initially (apple IDs), and now are lucky to be able to create 3 a day.
  2. No they don't. You use your laptop to create the apple ID via itunes The way to do it is load iTunes, but a free app, and at the end when it asks for payment options choose none.
  3. Thanks to apple you need the end user to know the apple ID and enter it when ever apps are pushed out.
  4. I would wait 24 hours, or try a different IP range as apple sometimes blocks stuff like this. I know you can only create so many apple IDs a day. Its a chore but it may be best to create a apple ID for each device. As in the long term apple I imagine will enforce this some how.
  5. Version 5 was pretty stable. Version 6 based on silverlight has seemed slugish and bug ridden from day one to be honest, its stable now, but not what I would call lighting quick, and its a low end unit we have either, hopefully version 7 will resolve this.
  6. Used bloxx for about 5 years now. The support has gone down from what it was. The hardware is OK, but in the last year the unit has had a couple of performance and memory leaks which took the support a few goes to fix while I got it in the neck.
  7. I do not think this is included with the latest version of lightspeed, I am sure it was in the original release though, I will log a support call with them.
  8. 1. I am in the UK so no DEP currently. 2. I think I have done this will double check 3. I have done this, users can select other WiFi networks as some are used off site 4. Done, any way to stop them turning it off. 5. Can I do this via the MDM / Apple Confiurator ? 6. I need to check this, I am not sure its present in the current lightspeed.
  9. We use the Lightspeed MDM to do the majority of that. The proxy is transparant on the wireless range that these connect to, so thats not an issue.
  10. After a lot of fun, reading and playing I am ready to deploy my first 20 iPads. It is for a 1: many student users. Have I missed anything... Deployed with Ios7.1.1 Each iPad has its own Apple ID They are deployed via Apple Conf, with a supervisor profile. Light speed pushes the apps out. The user enters apple ID to download new apps pushed out to it. Currently in the process signing up for VPP to push out paid apps. Users can not change the Apple ID on the device. By default we sign into find my iPhone/ipad to ensure that this and location services work
  11. Apple just love to move and change goal posts as they feel like. Hopefully this will make life easier.
  12. Make sure you have a good back up, I done 4 of ours, 2x 2008 and 2x 2008r2 DCs. It was easy enough, and just took an hour or two on each one in terms of sitting waiting to finish what its doing.
  13. Just rolled out the update. Great fun.... Needed a new C++ update and then the client updating as well.
  14. Whats the best way to create 100 apple ids ?
  15. Any big changes for the MDM side ?
  16. Any change with iOS7.1 then ?
  17. What role at the servers running ? Our 2012 servers are pretty quick at rebooting.
  18. What a PITA Running 2012r2 and Windows 7 on the desktop with the latest adm files Done a test in a room of 20 machines, to IE10 via WSUS, and the proxy stops applying. So had crated a Proxy specific GPO Set the IE10 GPP and still nothing for the proxy Used the reg key system, and it worked, but the "Use proxy server setting became un-ticked" So had to change the GPP to have the proxy ticked, and now it seems to work. One question, how will this work in a mixed mode (IE9 and 10) till I roll over fully to IE10 ? I take it the GPP still controls IE, just the reg key fixes that bit ?
  19. What a PITA Running 2012r2 and Windows 7 on the desktop with the latest adm files Done a test in a room of 20 machines, to IE10 via WSUS, and the proxy stops applying. So had crated a Proxy specific GPO Set the IE10 GPP and still nothing for the proxy Used the reg key system, and it worked, but the "Use proxy server setting became un-ticked" So had to change the GPP to have the proxy ticked, and now it seems to work. One question, how will this work in a mixed mode (IE9 and 10) till I roll over fully to IE10 ? I take it the GPP still controls IE, just the reg key fixes that bit ?
  20. Well after the stories on here I thought I would have problems. But it seems to have just worked. main software is installed on a server on the none proxy vlan. AD software deployed to exams department Invigilator software to whiteboard machines in each room Exam software to the clients in rooms. All three above via MSIs Invigilator account is set as a roaming profile otherwise it does not load exam test account is set as a mandatory profile Only problem is that when the AD user or the Invigilator user uses t he software they need to point the client to the server as its on a separate vlan. When the exams take place the invigilator logs on the exam accounts and make sure it points to the correct invigilator for computer for the exam.
  21. Do, just before I get confused. I need to install the software on a server The Admin console on a exams member of staff desktop The invigilator software on one machine in each room The exam software on machines in each class room, and point it by hand (?) to relevant invigilator machine Does all this need to be on the same VLAN / IP Range ?
  22. I have done about 8 now. Only problem was our WDS server, it worked, but the drivers were not injecting into the image once it had deployed them, so had to roll back to 2008r2 in the short term.
  23. It generally is, but we found the inplace upgrade worked well. Make sure you have a back up though just incase. We done the upgrade, and ran disc clean up and it just worked. But these are for servers running microsoft products. not sure about 3rd party ones.
  24. I am trying to install the Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade and get a compatibility error on the LSI Adapter. The install stops and will not proceed. Here is the text of the message: Windows won't install unless each of these things is taken care of. Close Windows Setup, take care of each one, and then restart Windows Setup to continue. Make these changes: Install updated drivers for the following devices. If you already have an updated device driver, click LOAD DRIVER and follow the steps. Storage controllers: LSI Adapter, Ultra320 SCSI 2000 series, w/1020/1030 This controller works fine under Server 2012, but now in R2 it's not compatible. I cannot find any driver for the adapter that will allow R2 to load.
×
×
  • Create New...