Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Chunks_

Members
  • Posts

    104
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chunks_

  1. Glad that worked.... I will be honest with you, they hardly used them here so i ran a script that uninstalled avermedia on every machine. i think i maybe added it back on 1 or 2 machines where they actually used it but they had to suffer the lockups when switching user. It does now appear that more people want it so im sorta in the same boat. Im going to contact AverMedia to see if there is an updated version of the software with a fix for it. I'll let you know how i get on. Edit Just found this website . From the drop down you can choose visualisor and the software applications... list of some programs in there, might try one.
  2. Hi, I think you maybe looking for this section : User Config > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Software Restriction Policies apologies if im wide of the mark.
  3. Hi We had this problem in our school. It was a peice of software that was causing this. I used msconfig to stop services in a methodical manner until i found a service connected to a peice of software causing the issue. The software that was causing our issue was avermedia. It is used to control a "ohp" type device to display physical objects onto the whiteboard. Hope that helps.... even if it is just a suggestion of working through the services to see if thats the issue.
  4. I have been doing this over the summer. Its certainly slow going ... anyway heres an article that may help people roll out office 2013. Explains the process of what to do to get a silent install on Office 2013 including editing the config.xml file and includes some of the error codes you might get. Hope its useful.
  5. We have had a new school built and this has driven me nuts ... the list is massive now 2 schools worth to be precise !!! They should just implement an inactive or hidden aspect so they are removed from the drops downs for things such as detention rooms. So annoying for all. I will be putting Z's in thanks for the advice.
  6. Glad i could be of help !
  7. Interesting ... i can find 20831 and 20832, but not 20830.... are there permissions for certain articles ? And in the articles i can find i get this helpful paragraph !! : On the computer that will host the SOLUS³ Deployment Service user interface, download the SOLUS3DeploymentServerUI.exe from the location included in the e-mail from Capita SIMS to a location of your choice. - Edit - Think i found it through another method..... Waiting for the 106meg download from capita ... only gonna take 30mins+ !! lol !! and i still dont know the password
  8. Thanks i have an account i will see if i can find it. If not i will email that address. cheers
  9. I've logged a call with Capita, but they are being slow. It frustrates the hell outta me when something breaks when its outta your control then you have to wait for someone else to "phone" you back ... (up to 2 working days!) Anyway... the database "appears" to still be there for solus 3 and the service is running for both the agent and deployment service. Do you know where i can download the installer ? Thanks
  10. Yes very Amusing It did just uninstall itself and i cant run the repair either. Maybe i should rephrase the question to .... Anyway of enabling me to deploy sims again through solus 3 ?
  11. Well, thought i would share my experience with you.... Just tried to upgade to latest version of Solus 3. interesting after upgrading a few of the items it failed with tolerance not met (not sure why). So it happily rolled back the database updates etc... and continued rolling back until it completely uninstalled my solus 3. Now i have nothing, no solus 3 just the remnants of the software which was once there !! Thanks for that !!! Any ideas how to fix it ?
  12. Hi, i know this thread is a little old, i stumbled up on it while trying to do the same thing. I found a way of disabling the integrated webcam on windows 7 without using devcon and thought it might be of some use. It certainly works with RM integrated camera and is done by tweaking the registry. Here is a link to disable the integrated webcam. Includes an adm template. hope it helps others.
  13. For anyone else looking for this information you can find some here: remove network icon from navigation pane. Also a link there for the removing the libraries and uninstall or change a program button.
  14. I used the silent install as above. Thanks (post thanked) Here is a link to the script I used to deploy using group policy on startup. Hope that helps others install this software. On slightly different note. Did you make the students create there own google accounts or use a generic school one or ?? Cheers
  15. Hi Guys, Glad its helped you. i had a look around in regards to your issue eddyc. Like you say not much to get your teeth into in regards to help on the internet. Unfortuantely i cant replicate your issues here. Have you tried rebuilding the computers that are having the problems incase something has become corrupt ?
  16. The link im providing is on how to use a simple program and some AD tweaks to allow anyone assigned to a specific security group to change passwords. Here is a link to a step by step to achieve this.
  17. I know this post hasn't been active for a while, but i had the same problems as most on this forum and spent a long time trying to diagnose the issue. I eventually found a microsoft hotfix Kb2748246 for windows 7 machines : "The Specified port is unknown" error message when you use GPP to deploy printers to a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and here is a link on how to deploy hotfix Kb2748246 as its not in the a wsus catalogue !!! Grrr I spent ages trying to solve this problem so im hoping this post might help others cos it was really frustrating for me. Feel free to repost if you feel it will help in other threads.
  18. HI Guys, I know this post hasn't been active for a while, but i had the same problems as most on this forum and spent a long time trying to diagnose the issue. I eventually found a microsoft hotfix Kb2748246 for windows 7 machines. and here is a link on how to deploy hotfix Kb2748246 as its not in the a wsus catalogue !!! Grrr I spent ages trying to solve this problem so im hoping this post might help others cos it was really frustrating for me. Feel free to repost if you feel it will help in other threads.
  19. HI Guys, I know this is a bit late, but I found with the specified port is unknown error even a script didnt always deploy the printer. I eventually found a microsoft hotfix Kb2748246. and here is a link on how to deploy hotfix Kb2748246 as its not in the a wsus catalogue !!! Grrr I spent ages trying to solve this problem so im hoping this post might help some people.
  20. HI I used the burconix solution and made the changes in Active Directory. Works an absolute treats and saves me so much time. Here is a page with a little more indepth instructions on how to allow users to change network passwords. Hope that is of some help to people.
  21. Hi Guys, Thanks for all this information. It took me a while to fiddle about but eventually got there. I managed to install version 6.2 ok. I decided to write up a guide in a little bit more depth and more of a step by step for people who may prefer it that way and i have put it here : Guide to deploying Google Earth. I have used a couple of small snippets from here so I hope thats ok. It explains how to do it using group policy and the modifications option.
  22. Hi all, I used this method - Restrict Access to "ease of access" Basically you make a registry change through group policy and create a file that when you try and access EOA it goes to that file instead. Hope it helps you guys. However we are having to revisit as we have students that are visually impaired and need access to the magnifying glass sooo some extra thought is needed for us.
  23. Ok Thanks.... think i will use the adminSDholder to get the settings down to the user ... as per the KB article. Thanks
  24. Ok so i have sorted but as part of it i need to set the interitance on the child objects (users) to inherit from the parent OU's (dont fancy ticking that box individually on 1500 users... anyone got a script i can use to do this? found one on the net but it was fully of errors...
  25. Ok Just to add some more info then. It auto completes users from directories that i haven't delegated access too. Which probably follows that this a bit of a red herring and maybe there is no access at all. I gave the test user full rights to that Organisation Unit and it still didnt work. Not sure if i said but i have also put the user and the computer into a ou that blocks all inherant policies. still not working.
×
×
  • Create New...