Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Gerry

Members
  • Posts

    445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gerry

  1. I was quite impressed by this: IVONA Text-To-Speech by IVO Software
  2. I have a user complaining that "If I have (say) two progs minimized in the taskbar, one or both progs will open onto the desktop (for no apparent reason) and then (40seconds or more) minimize itself back to the taskbar". He mostly works on another of our sites and only a couple days a week so I rarely see him which makes it difficult for me to get a look at the laptop. Anyone have any ideas what's causing this? Thanks.
  3. Had this problem with a 3700 once. We were using re-manufactured toner at the time and it stuck the paper to the fuser which totally ruined it. Not sure if the 5500's embedded web server will let you, but some printers have a section where you can change toner density.
  4. Thought AutoIT might be able to do something like this - never used it myself, but latest beta can apparently do this. While I was reading their forums someone mentioned "Display Changer" from 12noon After a quick read it appears this can change your res, start an app then return to original res once app is closed and it's free for personal/educational use.
  5. We were advised by GOLA not to install the latest update because the fixes were minor (i.e. they probably knew it could break the system). As for rolling back to an earlier version, I can't see why not...
  6. Some BIOS's have an option to wake up the PC after certain events have occured like power loss, movement of the mouse, keyboard press, WOL etc...
  7. @tmcd35: Shakespeares Sister I'd thought about doing that one myself!
  8. Yup, Sub-Focus. A nice, easy one. Gotta try and come up with something harder...
  9. One for the DnB afficionados: http://www.usmilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/navy-basic-enlisted-submarine-course.jpghttp://www.renterprise.ro/pictures/ford_focus_big.jpg
  10. Bezwick: Roy Orbison?
  11. Correct.
  12. http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/characters_cast/characters/phil_m/phil_mitchell_large_1.jpg http://www.mediacomcable.com/images/img_phone_03.jpghttp://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00404/Paul_Ince_404999a.jpg
  13. Metallica
  14. http://www.seatwave.com/FileStore/SEASON/IMAGE/jimmy-carr851/jimmy-carr851_MainPicture.jpg http://blog.americanfeast.com/images/eating-disorder.jpg http://www.dayinscience.unsw.edu.au/Images/wwd_world2.jpg
  15. Guns 'n Roses.
  16. http://www.cabinbaby.com/media/300_300/velvet_300.jpg http://maskworld.scene7.com/is/image/maskworld/103737-38er-colt-revolver-dekorationswaffe-decoration-weapon?$fullsize$
  17. http://www.overthehorizon.net/images/limping.jpg http://scally.typepad.com/photos/photo_cuisine/digestive_biscuit.jpg
  18. Crowded House
  19. Yup. I'll try and find something a little bit more difficult for next time...
  20. Dammit, beaten by TechMonkey
  21. Steve Miller Band. This one should be easy:
  22. Locomotive? Never heard of them before, Google brought them up. Don't want you all thinking I listen to them!
  23. Try this link: http://dl.google.com/earth/client/current/GoogleEarthWin.exe
  24. I've got Ubuntu 8.04 running in VirtualBox here at work (I'm working on getting Synaptic to access the repo's, but so far I have only managed to get Firefox to work - ISA Firewall... Also got Ubuntu running virtually at home). Ubuntu does have a desktop sharing function which uses VNC. How would this whole VNC process work? It's not an easy thing to set something up to experiment... I've only ever used VNC on a private network. I'm guessing that one of us will need to find out the external IP using something like What Is My IP Address? being easiest, and then the other tells VNC to listen/connect to that IP?
  25. Windows or Mac OSX only I'm afraid although it sounds like just the sort of thing I want.
×
×
  • Create New...