-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
Seems Christmas was expensive this year for the spammers.
-
Nah, that's just what we tell SLT.
-
That's how I make shortcuts. No need for a central repository doing it that way.
-
You only geek once?
-
They use different letters. AFK = I'm gone for an indeterminate amount of time. I'll tell you when I'm back. BRB = Gone to get a drink or something. Back in a minute or so. To be honest, they're interchangeable.
-
I misread the title of this and, for a second, though someone made a "***HELP*** Goats" parody thread...
-
Mario's Machiavellian Objectives
-
Midna Mandolin Orchestra
-
As in "Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Word"? Like this: You name it [folder]\[shortcut]. User [or Computer] Config > Preferences > Windows Settings > Shortcuts
-
Away From Keyboard. You need to play more MMOs.
-
Or it's swamp gas and/or a weather balloon.
-
He's trying to set up a folder on the server that has all the shortcuts in it, so they can be copied to computers. But he can't make them as the software isn't installed on the server, so it throws out an error. The \\machinename\c$\... stuff was an attempt to make the shortcut by referencing where it IS installed, then changing it after it's made to allow it to work on any computer. [if it wasn't changed, all the shortcuts would run off of a single machine over the network.]
-
I just use GPO to make shortcuts... You just grab the shortcuts from machines the software is installed on and save them to a folder on the server. Easiest way is to setup a VM install everything and grab all the shortcuts you want from there.
-
[closed] layout issue: Bett theme "Your Alerts" box still blue
X-13 replied to localzuk's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
Must be nice to be wanted. -
[closed] layout issue: Bett theme "Your Alerts" box still blue
X-13 replied to localzuk's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
-
DMCA notices outsourced to another company IIRC. Similar to Microsoft issuing a takedown request to google for a download hosted on technet. [i think it was a technet link on google...]
-
Online disinhibition effect [Can't verify content. Auto-filtered here.]
-
You can change it. Find the registration confirmation email. There's a link in it to change details.
-
You been on the potions again?
-
I have mention emails on. I only get them when you do it.
-
The post-BETT spamfest is going to be unintentionally funny this year.
-
Ah, I'm going by Arabic and Japanese. Ava = Eve Raichu = Thunder/Lightning Le EDIT: Āvā is also persian for voice or sound. Vocal Thunder is a pretty accurate name for a babby.
-
Eve Thunder/Lightning? That's a pretty metal name. Also, congratulations!
-
Is a red witch like a red mage? Also; I get an email every time you mention me... Makes me think I'm about to get told off. And a screenshot saved in word? What are ye, a teacher?
