Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. Point of contention. WE don't usually make that decision. I can tell people that xyz should NOT be allowed because of whatever reason and be instantly overruled, rightly or wrongly, by a non-technical member of SLT with no concept of the potential issues.
  2. ...to? Personally, if you're running a windows network, I'd go with windows tablets. [Full windows, not RT.]
  3. Because secondary school age pupils NEVER do anything illegal, immoral or malicious of their own accord. I'll bare that in mind the next time a pupil goes on a rampage, and I'll pass on your comments to the families terrorised by yobs. We teach pupils to take responsibility for their actions. By 10/11 they're deemed to know right from wrong to such an extent that they can be held criminally responsible. By 14 the assumption that they didn't know any better is reversed, you have to prove they weren't aware that what they were doing was wrong. The law also said it was a punishable offence to be gay.
  4. Obviously, what we need is a government controlled database of everyone [including real names and ages], all computers authenticating via DNA/fingerprint scanners and the computer account linked to the citizen database...
  5. +1 this. I also wouldn't want to be the person in charge of the network...
  6. So everyone should ask for I.D every time they meet someone new? Just to make sure they aren't underage. Doesn't matter if it's somewhere age restricted.
  7. She may be underage, but she lied that she was older. How is anyone she's chatting to online supposed to know any different? The fact she lied suggests she knew full well that she wasn't supposed to be doing this.
  8. If you punch a bear and it mauls you, you're not a victim. You're an idiot. Same argument here. SHE went to an adult website, lied about her age, started chatting to people and then added this guy on Skype. Some of the blame lays with her actions.
  9. [Emphasis mine] Precisely -all to do with the school.
  10. Only thing I can think of is Impero... But, I'm not sure how much it can do on iDevices.
  11. I believe some schools use it to communicate with other schools in foreign countries.
  12. The problem is people lying about how old they are. I aint got the inclination to card people.
  13. Ask @VeryPC or @ict-direct? They may be able to help out.
  14. +1 confirmed... 'cos I has one.
  15. This sort of is why I'm glad I don't socialise... Wake up the morning after... "SURPRISE! I'm 15!" Nope.avi
  16. Hang on... The girl started chatting to a guy she met on an adult website. On her unfiltered internet at home. Yet it's the school's fault because she signed into Skype, with her own account, at school, after the damage was done? How about instead of blaming the school, maybe teach your kids not to go on adult websites? Also Skype is encrypted... Doesn't that bork filtering?
  17. Do it for yourself. The first one I did was purely because I thought it was funny. [Job title, not name.]
  18. This is all I'm thinking of when I read that... [With more red hair, obviously.] For those who are wondering WTF I'm on about... Red Mage.
  19. I've posted it up a couple of times. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind-red-door/27257-what-cool-thing-s-did-u-do-today-228.html#post1263197
  20. Using BETT badges to convey accurate information?! What madness is this?!
  21. Or split it in 2 and have one side unscanable..
  22. Nah, the holder is transparent on both sides. You fold it in half so it's always visible. They scan the barcode every time you enter.
  23. Oh, hey! I'm part of that when I play Unity maxed out.
  24. BOO! BOO! TRUE!
  25. SOLD! [i missed out last year...]
×
×
  • Create New...