Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. >_> Shows how often I bother with Java... Testing it out with the raw msi... No MST, no scripting. [Mostly because no Orca and I can't think of how to do an OS architecture check without it taking forever.]
  2. Interesting... There's no .cab file.
  3. Drop it and say it doesn't work any more.
  4. Yeah... I think Java is getting dropped when I redo the images.
  5. Saying that... What actually uses Java? All I can think of is Minecraft and the web interface on our switches... neither of which are accessible, no matter what I do.
  6. Can you share the MSI? I've just had a look about and Orca isn't available any more. [Also, Oracle only releasing EXEs. The is wrong with them?]
  7. I'm always tempted to just let it auto update...
  8. And flash. And any other piece of software that seems to have an update every couple of days...
  9. .
  10. Drinks are on you, then.
  11. You can do either. It's all about the confidence. And it depends on how much of a blagger you are. 4 expensive stylus' for me. 0 for our head of IT.
  12. X-13

    BETT it is!

    I wondered what was causing all the noise was in my house at night...
  13. X-13

    BETT it is!

    I sort of look like mine... In the sense I usually have massive bags under my eyes and have long, wild hair.
  14. X-13

    BETT it is!

    Say you need to go to the toilet/smoke/get a drink. Go off to do that. ??? Fun times at EduGeek! 1 could also be "I want to go have a word with [company]". Just because you go together, it doesn't mean you have to stay together.
  15. X-13

    BETT it is!

    That's what you think. Git gud, scrub.
  16. SLT only understand management speak. Also, it sounds better than "sitting about being a huge nerd and going to the pub".
  17. I'll think you'll find it's called "networking with IT professionals and engaging in out-of-the-box planning with a view to maximising budgetary spending".
  18. >Implying I'm actually planning to do work at BETT
  19. Day One: T-shirt of Deadpool punching a shark. Day Two: T-shirt of a psychotic Mario. Along with jeans, fluffy hoodie and trainers. It's too cold to just wear a t-shirt. Not if you just spend all day at Edugeek.
  20. Assassin's Creed: Unity... #NeverForget I may have to see if I can actually run this.
  21. So the proxy on the user device points to a school owned server which then points to their filtered internet? I'm legitimately curious. Any time I've heard "global proxy" it's been in reference to Big Brother type setup. And the first google result is a VPN anonymising too to bypass blocked websites...
  22. Like what China has? Let's not turn this into the Charlie Hebdo thread...
  23. I'd love to say something along the lines of "any tech worth their salt would make sure all bases are covered"... but I know bad SLTs happen to good techs. I'm pretty sure 1200 iPads just got dropped on I.T and there was no time/money to actually lock them down. Do I get to say "I NEED PICTURES OF SPIDER-TECH!"?
  24. Wouldn't there usually be something in the AUP stating that it remains property of the school and that it's rented? [Possibly not in the AUP, but something.] That awkward moment when I opened Impero while reading this thread and there's a class of kids playing games with permission from the teacher... Some in IE without adblock.
  25. Doesn't Meraki have to be set up manually for each device? That's a lot of time to spend on this. Same with setting up a VPN server [which wouldn't have occurred to me]. From the sounds of it, these were bought then given straight to pupils. Which, after 8 years in education, doesn't surprise me. Stop being an ass. "They were lazy", "they're incompetant". They were overruled, ignored or simply not told. I only found out someone had bought Learnpads AFTER they were bought. I wasn't involved at all. Same with our 2 sets of laptops.
×
×
  • Create New...