Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Sounds like you need the correct install disk, I believe the newer mac's are cpu tied to certain installation media. Some info here New Harddrive Installation: 'Mac OS X cannot be installed' - Mac Forums
  2. Anyone know of any Colleges or Uni's doing Part time IT/Networking degree's or any MS Certification boot camps near by? Si
  3. pooley

    Profile Repair

    Why not create a new profile and copy across his My docs, favourites etc, even his application data can be moved?
  4. Ok I know its in the Sun.... IT workers are best at sex | IT workers are best in bed | Sex survey | The Sun |Features
  5. We use a NAS box, Pc's do a backup nightly.
  6. Name and Shame I say
  7. Congrats m8 :D
  8. I had them set in 2 places. But have spent the last hour troubleshooting the proxy settings until I remembered a little gem of info, internet proxy settings only work when set on the Default Domain GPO on server 2003. At least its working again S
  9. I use a gpo to apply IE proxy settings for our pc's. For some reason they have stopped applying correctly. Under internet settings>lan settings the proxy information is there but the "use proxy...." tab is not ticked. I have re-created the gpo, tried enforcing it etc but to no avail. Any ideas welcomed Server 2003 and XP clients
  10. Just grabbing them now Windows Virtual PC: Download
      • 1
      • Thanks
  11. Anyone used this company? We just paid £30 for 1 pen
  12. Got our with "Go Daddy" https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp for around £180 for 3 years
  13. Bought mine last week from an 02 store and took it home to activate it.
  14. install "macdrive" on the windows pc to allow windows to recognise the osx formatted cd. Then share it. Should work.
  15. Bought an iPhone yesterday, its now Jailbroken and I loves it
  16. I wouldnt mind a copy too please
  17. I wish I could regain the 2 hours I wasted watching Cloverfield, what a pile of....
  18. In work I wont "risk" the ads that come through so use IFrefox with adblock plus. At home I allow them
  19. First heard this about 18 months ago. It still makes me laugh. :D
  20. I could, but that would involve me asking the LA for the SA password, prob not going to give it to me
  21. Thanks guys, was thinking NAS maybe overkill but better to be safe than sorry. Just need to source some backup software that deals with backing up SQL
  22. I arrived at work today to find Sims being a bit flakey, would bomb out at random points with a "Severe error - please ignoe bla bla bla" type of error, nothing on the capita support site. Phoned our Sims support (LEA) and they took a copy of our database and attached to one of their test machines. End result = database screwed I'm told by admin staff that main sims machine (XP acting as a server) was playing up on Friday, I wasn't in so they just put up with it. So today I ask the secretary for the backup drive (usb drive) and she says she didnt backup on Friday due to machine not being stable, so I have to recover from a week old database. recovery worked well, a pain in the bum to enter a weeks attendance and dinner money records along with Dinner payments (we are piloting Dinner Money 7) so today was a major headache. So at the risk of bolting the door after the horse has left the stable I am going to imliment a new backup regime. Here's where your advice comes in. Currently we just backup the Sims SQL database to a usb, along with docstorage and a few other bits and pieces. I wrote a batch file that stops the sql service and xcopies the files to the usb, Overwriting what was on there. Now if the Secretary had backed up on Friday, I have a sneaky suspicion that the database was probably not 100% then and it would of overwritten my Good but OLD database and I would of gone home Sick So a new solution is required. I'm thinking NTBackup to a NAS device every night, Full/incremental and a full offsite backup to be taken on a Monday/Friday. Anyone have any opinions or like to share their solutions? It was a long hard slog today, lessons learned and could of been worse. S
  23. If you like PM your external Ip of your server I can test if ports open or not then?
  24. I Didn't - thats why i'm still here
  25. Does this Dell work with ANY other smartboard?
×
×
  • Create New...