Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Been looking for a phone for my daughter, was going sub £200 but this looks too good to pass up.
  2. Another vote for safety razor, nice clean, inexpensive shave (head and face)
  3. Don't see why not. We have a Youtube channel, it's just a case of logging into youtube and "going live" as it where. Just make sure it's not recording sound.
  4. We used an old laptop with a webcam attached and live streamed to youtube
  5. I'll suck up the £65 a year saving i'd get with a DD to be in cotrol of who has my money and when
  6. Yes, I've gone as far as cancelling mine. I'll pay what I owe at the end of every month.
  7. Well British Gas still expect me to pay £4k a year. I'm buying more jumpers for the family!!
  8. As others have said, we use clothes airers, but we also have a fan (cold air) blowing/agitating the clothes which speeds up drying time.
  9. MySchool > Users > Administrators
  10. Everything Everywhere All at Once, completlely bonkers, loads of reused movie tropes to identify, a cross between The Matrix, Quantum Leap and Monty Python. Really enjoyed it!
  11. Get a 245 you won't be dissapointed
  12. Yes, provising your current strap is std bluetooth then the watch will pair with it.
  13. I have a Garmin Fenix 5x (bought 2nd hand), have had garmin watvhes for around the last 7 years, good brand, great quality and battery life. Whether they improve your exersising is down to how you use it, if you want GPS accuracy and to be able to analyse the activities then yes it helps, I use the workouts option to enter my training plans, tells me when to run faster and if i'm too slow/fast etc(normally to slow). You won't go wrong with Garmin, i'd look on FB marketplace and pick up a 2nd had one, better value.
  14. I have literally just done this. Used an offline hdd cloner, I beleive the old drive needs to be the same size or smaller than the new ssd. I have used Carbon Copy Cloner software in the past too.
  15. Recently went back to the 90's and watched Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels. Got to say I enjoyed it as much this time around as I did the first time. Trailer is NSFW - Swearing all the way through - pretty much like the movie.
  16. While I feel for those who are unable to have the vaccine for medical reasons I have no sympathy for the anti-vaxxer/flat earth type of people who are ignorant to their own and other peoples health by choosing not to have it. In thier case i'm firmly in the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" camp.
  17. Surely we are past the need for Lockdowns? 2 vaccine jabs with the possibility of a 3rd, normality has to happen.
  18. I'm not sure when this started to happen but any new W10 clients are only seeing the first 3 of GPO we have applied at the domain root level, they aren't seeing any old or new applied to the OU the computers (and users) are members of. Gpresult /r on the clients doesn't show the GPO's as existing. I have a pair of DC's 2012 and 2019, replication is working. GPresult shows the current time as when the GPO was last applied and it was applied form the 2012 DC. No DNS errors on server. I'm stuck, it's been a while since I have needed to troubleshoot GPO's. Anyone got any idea's ? Si
  19. Interesting, my wife works for NHS in Wales and if a member of the household has Covid then she has to remain off work (WFH) for 10 days, having PCR on day 2 and 8.
  20. Both my children are home awaiting results of PCR test (ages 8 -13) only 1 is symptomatic. 1 school I work at has closed nursery class today, not enough staff to cover and no supplies available.
  21. Our LA along with Welsh Government have offered us some NEwline RS touch screens, before we jump in and buy a few has anyone got any experience using these? We would probably put an OPS unit inside them. They good enough for teachers to write on without complaining ? Thanks Simon
  22. I know this is based on Welsh data and specific to Wales but it's an interesting read.
  23. But hospitalisations are still very low by comparison, so if we don't make the changes now, when do we?
  24. Just watch Rogue One, it's the best of the lot.
  25. Can't see businesses in London paying London Weighting to people working from home ?
×
×
  • Create New...