Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

apoth0r

Members
  • Posts

    1,306
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by apoth0r

  1. It'll be my first summer, looking forward to the time off but not until I've finally had the chance to do the jobs I have been trying to do all year. Never take on a job as an IT Technician AND Teacher Of ICT!
  2. I have to say i'm very impressed with the HP range of cameras, might not be necessarily what you are after, but i'd thought i'd add my 2 penneth
  3. we use Impero, fantastic for blocking the internet on a whim (poor behaviour takes away the ability to go on the internet etc). Love the program and the recent release of version 2 makes it an even better product to take a look at, high recommendations here.
  4. also using Impero here, no complaints about screening and violation recording using their software. Kind regards Steve
  5. Fantastic I shall be popping to my local Tesco straight from work, may as well kick off the half-term in style Hope everyone has a great half-term, you deserve it
  6. Impero does a good job if you're on a LA broadband (EMBC for example), let's you filter out anymore sites that you no longer require or want
  7. That's the kind of spin we've learnt to put up with under the Labour government
  8. Impero allows you to list by user and by machine domain name
  9. 1. Yep blocked here 2. Yep first got the myspace bug now im fighting off the shanty looking myspace and moving onto facebook, always find im laughing more at which groups people have joined (dont forget to sign up to the 'Official rules of shotgun' group - will always come in handy for those friend and a family trips out
  10. stick with I.T googlemad Took me ages to find an employer after working with Impero, a lot of jobs these days are about getting your foot in the door (especially in IT) once you've done that the job seems to mould nicely around your strengths. Keep working hard and learning as much as you can, something will suddenly fall in your lap and u'll be raring to go. Keeping motivated always helps with the confidence in interviews (believe in yourself, your knowledge and skills)
  11. Sorry been posting without saying hi first (how rude!) Hi I'm Steve from Wellingborough, Northants. I'm currently an ICT Technician and Teaching Assistant working at St Mary's CEVA Primary School in Kettering. We're hopefully looking at a new school in 2008/2009 so it's a very exciting time for us here in Kettering. (stay tuned for updates:) ) Anyway..... hello and thanks for having me Cya soon Steve Pothecary (oh and i used to work for Impero )
  12. we only use it for the teachers laptops, before i went into the school they had wireless in desktops, that was ripped out and replaced with the giga ethernet cards and now we're working lovely If teachers can't access it, its usually coz they havent pressed the legendary wireless button on their laptops (joy)
  13. I have a friend who works with these mobile phone masts and has done for 5 years, any signs of any problems....no Agree with Heebee, what else can the schools be accountable for this week, how about they parent a little more and read silly stories less. Naivity for the lose
  14. at the end of the day it's the responsibility of the teacher/parent to dissolve this kind of behaviour (and be told so if needed)
  15. We are an Impero school, I can't fault it for what it does and the guys at Impero are forever releasing updates and more content (at no extra cost). I'd definately stick with Impero, as far as i know they have improved technical support so any problems will be patched asap. I've always been happy with the features of Impero and always enjoying seeing new things to play with when we get an update.
  16. Being the only ICT Techie and also having the role as a Teaching assistant, i'm heavily overworked, and just do not have time to check all laptops Wish I could rid myself of this Teaching Assistant tag - getting my foot in the door seems to have been a big mistake
×
×
  • Create New...