Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Isn't there a legal requirement to keep all financial data for 6 years?
  2. Talking of retro ...
  3. The technophobes will soon get over it and most likely will find they come to like the touchscreen. Get SLT on side and they will have to adopt the new technology.
  4. Get on it ASAP, It's peak time at the passport office. Current turn round times are around three weeks.
  5. Also says that it's not for retail distribution. Shame on you Amazon.
  6. I think you replied to the wrong post there
  7. Asus Chromebook. £229.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Chromebook-CX3402CBA-i3-1215U-Operating/dp/B0CFM5SG9B/
  8. It's on my list of things to get round to doing
  9. If anyone's interested, Affinity 2 photo editing software now has 50% off (It's a one off fee rather than a subscription). https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/
  10. OLED or QLED?? This is an interesting article ... https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/qled-vs-oled/
  11. I enjoy tennis but I've never been really clear why they need a lifeguard.
  12. The Job Description link on that page brings up the visits co-ordinator JD
  13. Some good deals to be had on CostCo.
  14. Red Arrows flew over my back garden yesterday. Sadly no camera at hand to record the occasion.
  15. Have you got a lift? It could be the alarm/emergency/panic/get me out of here line.
  16. I'm constantly getting emails from Sky to upgrade my Sky box to Sky Q so it must be possible. The only thing that's stopping me is all of my old recordings that I'll lose when I swap boxes. Apparently it's not possible to copy the saved programmes onto the new box.
  17. I probably didn't word that very well. What I meant was the budget doesn't have to be available at the time you write your plan. If you know there will be a big spend in (say) 3 years time, then finance and SLT are aware and can incorporate it into that year's budget rather than it come as a shock and not be able to fund it.
  18. But without a plan, your needs/requirements can't be incorporated into the school budget. If you know you are going to need replacement for 20 laptops in three years time that needs incorporating into the IT development plan which should then feed into the main school development plan so that SLT and governors know what's on the horizon. Likewise the need to renew/replace SIMS in 3 years time needs to feed from the school plan into the ICT plan. The only way that SLT/governors/IT can be informed and aware of what's coming up in the next few years is to get it into a plan. Whether there is a budget available is, to a degree, irrelevant. If it's planned for it can be accounted for.
  19. This is wrong on so many levels.
×
×
  • Create New...