Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. I did W5R2 the other day and found to my great surprise that by half way through the recovery walk after the first 8 minute run I was ready to start running again. W5R3 tomorrow ... a straight 20 minute run. I suspect that will be a whole different matter!!
  2. So do they have an RM network?
  3. I used to take my laptop out and about with me and bought a 3g dongle and a payg sim from O2 and just topped up as I needed it.
  4. Damn and blast ... Fire alarm has had me standing outside for the last half an hour!!
  5. Yes @LosOjos, that's normal lol. Well done to you for giving it a go. I found that the hardest bit was getting the motivation to get out of the door for that first time so you've done that bit. I got such a buzz from that first run and still get that same sense on achievement every time. I'm about to start week 5 tonight and can't wait to get going. Keep us posted on how you get on.
  6. Private schools are much smaller, have smaller class sizes and can operate in a less stressful environment. I really don't see a 10 hour day in an inner city comp with class sizes of 30+ being indistinguishable from a private school.
  7. Thanks. I'm looking forward to doing 5k regularly. There are so many places to run here in MK that it seems almost rude not to W4R1 was tough but R3 was soooo much better today. Bring on Week 5 on Tuesday.
  8. Well, I managed to get home earlier than planned so managed run 2 tonight, that leaves Sunday for run 3 and start Week 5 on Tuesday. Plenty of rest between, back on track. Happy days.
  9. I know, I'm just conscious that I'm on such a tight schedule for my first 5k race on the 9th of March. I'll just have to hope I can catch up in time.
  10. Thanks for that @ICTLady. I did a run in the rain this week ... W4R1, and really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to end up with my schedule slipping which I'm anxious to avoid as I've entered the MK5k on the 9th of March which is right at the end of week 9 so I need to keep on schedule, but I'm aware that I could end up doing more harm than good so stuck between a rock and a hard place with the hope that I can catch up in time.
  11. Yes I probably will be once I get to that stage in the program. I want to follow it through to week 9 before I start to do too much but will be up for a run round willen at that point yes.
  12. Week 4 Run 1 accomplished on Weds, it was hard but felt good at the end. Lost a bit of ground again this week due to family circumstances so I need to run on two consecutive days to stay on track.
  13. We're in then process of changing our provider and, after talking to several companies, decided on exponential-e.
  14. 8.5 miles. Takes about 15-25 mins depending on how late I leave.
  15. Thanks @rdk but there are no plans to go google hence my need to put something on the intranet that will work via our existing setup and it needs to work with documents stored on their home drive, usb pens, shared areas etc.
  16. I'm looking to set up a form on our Intranet to allow users to complete the appropriate details in text boxes, attach/upload a file and email it to our reprographics dept for them to print out the attached file using the requirements from the form ... No of copies, stapled, colour etc . At the moment they have to fill in a slip to hand in but I want to automate the process and remove the need to fill out paper slips. Any ideas/help would be welcome. I've looked at some of the online form builder sites but they are either limited as to the number of fields or by monthly usage.
  17. Lost a bit of ground these last few days with a sore knee and a streaming cold. Week 3 Run 1 completed tonight though so hopefully back on track for the MK5K in March.
  18. You will need to unblock twimg.com as this is where the images are stored .However, you should be aware that this url is blocked for a very good reason, it contains unmoderated images that are wholly inappropriate for a school. We have twitter available for some members of staff but it's blocked for the rest of the school.
  19. Hi folks, for various personal and family reasons I am looking at relocating back to Leics. If anyone should spot any vacancies in the county for Senior Tech or Network Manager (preferably) I would be extremely grateful if you could pass on any info you might have. I appreciate that vacancies get posted on here anyway but I'm sure that there are some that slip through the net. Many thanks
  20. Go for it. Let us know how it goes.
  21. Huge hugs heading your way. I had to let one of mine go back in November and it was heartbreaking to stand there and hold him as he went. My ex and I cried for ages afterwards. His brother Jack, (same litter) still looks for him (as do I). I know what you are going through and all I will say is stay in the server room in tears as long as you can, let it all come out and then remember him with the love and affection that he had for you. Spare a thought for your other one as well as she is looking for her pal and probably can't under stand why he's not there. Try to smile when you think of him. He would never have wanted to make you sad.
  22. How long did it take you to get to 'half marathon' stage?
  23. Ooops!
×
×
  • Create New...