-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Use of personal devices on school network
HarryMonkey replied to kerryturner's topic in General Chat
Staff are allowed to put their own devices on using the BYOD network. It gives filtered access to the Internet as well as any apps that they have installed. If they decide to pick up their email from the Exchange server then they are required to put a pin lock on their device. It's mainly tablets and phones, very few bring laptops in as all staff are issued with a school laptop. -
It always amazes me the number of people who find it necessary to wear steel toed boots/shoes. I 've worked in schools for getting on for twenty years now and haven't come across a situation that would require safety boots. I guess I've been lucky with the tie thing as well, I've never got it caught in anything, mainly because I've always tucked it in my shirt if I find myself in a situation where it may be in the way. I reckon it's just an excuse by those who don't want to wear one.
-
Well done Little-Miss and good luck.
-
ICT Systems Manager - Poole - £25,727 - £28,127 pro rata
HarryMonkey replied to BHMS's topic in Educational IT Jobs
@witch ... isn't this in your neck of the woods? -
I did not expect this when I got home last night.....
HarryMonkey replied to Iain.Faulkner's topic in General Chat
Hopefully the police will grab the bull by the horns. Maybe steak out a few of the local farms. -
How do you prevent anyone from using the https version ?
-
Wrong thread methinks.
- 15 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- active directory
- group policy editor
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The LNB at my last place (which is a few years old now) is an 8 port so it may be worth checking what you already have.
-
For me I think "And Then There Were Three" has to be my personal favourite. I first saw them in the post PG era at Knebworth back in the '70s and have seen them a couple of times since.
-
I'm still looking.
-
Warwick Castle testing fireworks BBC News - What was the mysterious black ring in Leamington Spa?
-
France introduces 'No work email after hours' rule
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in IT News
I'm not paid for anything out of hours so any emails are generally ignored and no-one has my mobile number. My time outside of work is just that - mine. -
A shirt or put it towards a new pair of jeans or shoes maybe.
-
Sent this out today, and it's gone down well with everyone. One teacher has suggested that marking every other child as absent could help with the SIMS data.
-
Putting all this patent thing to one side, what I find unbelievable is the fact that a person is rendered totally incapable of either stopping for the few seconds it takes to send a text or to ignore their phone for a few minutes until they get to their destination. I would consider myself a pretty sad individual if my phone ruled my life in such a way that I had to have an app that enabled me to walk and text at the same time.
-
Well that's alright then init
-
And presumably at home rather than in school ...
-
So did no-one read the licence that states it's for personal use only and not for educational establishments?
-
Premier Inn and Travelodge often have some good deals for weekends.
-
You would need to contact your local highways department and get way leave. There's all manner of hoops to jump through, even down to the likes of organising traffic lights for the road works etc This is not a job for the faint hearted methinks.
-
Try this, a simple basic package using the msi that you have extracted. Create a folder on your desktop Target Tracker V14.0.1 Copy the msi into the folder. create an ini file called Target Tracker v14.0.1.ini with the following lines ... [Package] Name=Target Tracker V14.0.1 Description=Suitable description for the package OS=5.WS WIPackage=TheNameOfTheMSI.msi Import into the RMMC as a CC3 package, assign to a test station ensuring any prerequisites (.net etc are assigned). This should work, if not, it maybe that you have a corrupt download.
-
Cadbury's chocolate fingers dipped in Branston pickle mmmmmm
