-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
-
If you can't find a use in school, how about the donating them to the local scouts/guides/kids sports group, I'm sure they will be most appreciative.
- 11 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- old equipment
- primary school
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
[movie] Star Wars Episode VII - Spoilers Chat Thread
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in TV & Movies
I went and saw it on NYE and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt it was Star Wars back to it's original best. I must admit, I was wondering just when Luke was going to reappear, and felt that the last scene was drawn out a bit, however, That's just nit picking on a silly level. I wonder how long it will take in Episode VIII for it to be revealed that Ray is Luke's daughter. -
My Dad worked in the prison service for many years and once us kids had got that bit older he always offered to work Christmas Day so that the ones with young families could have the day off.
-
Retail outlets (over 280 sq m) are not permitted to open on Easter Sunday.
-
I don't know that Boxing Day is any different to any other Bank Holiday and no-one complains about them opening then.
-
Erm, not strictly true ... From Gov.uk
-
After years of doing right click and "save image as" from a webpage, I discovered that you can just click on the image and drag it on to your desktop or straight into the required folder.
-
Yahoo Wants To Manage Your Gmail Account Too [Engadget.COM]
HarryMonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in IT News
Me too. I use it for signing in to websites that I might just want to use as a one off, then I can just ignore any subsequent barrage of emails that they will send me. -
No windows apart from one that looks out to an internal corridor so the blinds are permanently down. No sky, no sunshine, no daylight
-
Is Your Kitty A Convict? - The Kitty Convict Project
HarryMonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Saw this today on Facebook. Apparently the owners were out looking for the cat when this photo was taken. -
Is Your Kitty A Convict? - The Kitty Convict Project
HarryMonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Bear in mind this is an American website, where some owners have their cat's claws removed so they can live indoors and not scratch the furniture/carpet etc. -
You could make them up but you would be required to get them PAT tested by a qualified person before using them.
-
Orange Thursday Black Friday What have you found?
HarryMonkey replied to MrPstv's topic in General Chat
Kindle Fire for £35 ... Fire tablet - Amazon.co.uk -
Then the head should be looking very seriously at how he spends the school budget. The bursar/business manager should think very carefully before signing this off.
-
Well, as I've said, I've yet to come across anything that a headteacher does that can't be done on a standard laptop/workstation with the same resolution as everyone else uses (1280 x 768). Maybe the half dozen or more heads that I've worked with over the last 20 years have been the exception rather than the norm. Just out of interest, what does he use at the moment and what can't he do on it?
-
And he "needs" a retina display ???
-
I'm not convinced that this is really the case. In all of the schools I've worked in, the head may do different things to the teaching staff, however, he uses the same or very similar tools. I've never come across a case where he/she needs a high end machine to use SIMS and MS Office as that is what they will mostly be using. There's a huge difference between want and need and part of what the head should be doing is using the school money wisely and getting value for money, and I really don't see that a thousand pound's worth of Mac fulfils either of those criteria.
-
Our head has a worse laptop than many of the other staff and will continue to do so until it come round for his turn to be upgraded. Most heads do very little teaching, have a PC in their office anyway and won't require anything more powerful than any of the other teaching staff. Just because it's the head cuts no ice whatsoever with me I'm afraid.
-
Sainsbury’s Official Christmas Advert 2015 – Mog’s Christmas Calamity
HarryMonkey replied to newpersn's topic in Other Stuff
Probably the best Christmas ad I've ever seen. -
Not sure if anyone prints their photographs any more or just leaves them in digital format, anyway, I decided to get some prints done recently to add to an album (like we used to do). I sent them to DS Colourlabs. I uploaded 100 prints (325meg) at 3-15 the other afternoon (took about 5 mins) and the excellent quality prints were delivered the following morning. I can't praise them highly enough. There are people in the club who use this company for high quality competition prints and I can see why. Highly recommended. http://www.dscolourlabs.co.uk/
-
Congratulations
